Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: "Find Own Place" for Teens - 03/25/07 Seasons Update

by pinhead Posted 22nd Nov 2004 at 3:11 AM - Updated 14th Oct 2008 at 8:19 PM by Christy1077

167 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 162 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 7
Test Subject
#26 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 1:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pinhead
The modification is in the test progress and if problems appear all your neighborhood can be messed. My intention is not to ruin your game. I try to correct the errors posted here. When I'm done the tests I will send the final file to the Admins of MTS2 to put the final version in downloads section.

oh k, thanks for replying
Instructor
Original Poster
#27 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 4:32 PM
Some News here, people:

I'm working on a fix to enable the "Ask permission to go out" for any sims who lives (teens are included in the code) or not (visitors) with the teen, just to get the want satisfied. I already made it but this affect the whole neighborhood and i don't like this. If your teen live with parents, why ask for a stranger to do this?
Sneak Out was fixed and i think no bugs will found. This will enable your house with only teens to have the option in the phone. I'll post this fix at the end of the week (i hope).

thanks!

[ Edited 23-11-2004 04:35PM ]
Test Subject
#28 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 4:33 PM
wouldnt it make more sense to just remove the wants that dont apply for that sim? or is that not possible?
Instructor
Original Poster
#29 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by madhattr999
wouldnt it make more sense to just remove the wants that dont apply for that sim? or is that not possible?

i think this is more complex since edit the wants and fears may cause bugs more serious. And about the teens who lives with parents. Why remove this wants for them? i don't know, but i will check this idea.
Test Subject
#30 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 4:39 PM
well i meant only remove those wants for teens living without adults
Instructor
Original Poster
#31 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 4:42 PM
I don't have any clue if this will be possible, since the wants are linked to aspirations and not to who lives in the lot. Well, anyway i will check this later
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 4:01 AM
The no teen only problem thing is very irksome. So the news of anouther hack to mate with this one is a marvalos idea. Thanks pinhead. You are mawvalas, yes you. Neh!

Looking on the Bright Side of Life!
Field Researcher
#33 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 7:46 AM
Getting the teens to move out has been great. My actual desire for this was to just make more room on the lot for Mom to go ahead and have her 10 babies.

I have, as yet, only moved one teen into their own property and ignoring wants does not seem to be too much of a hassel - others come along that can be fullfilled. Since my teens had already been helped with homework as children they don't seem to get that want as teens and sneaking out does not come up that often

Come visit www.variousimmers.net where my original objects and recolors now reside. The site hosts many other creators, moddres and developers.
Test Subject
#34 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 7:00 PM
worked fine 4 me and i have downloaded so teens can move in with any! teen family
#35 Old 25th Nov 2004 at 6:26 PM
Worked very well for me. I would suggest using it with the "nogradecheer" hack, to stop your teens going demented on the pavement after they get off the bus. With no adult to run too, they just stand there waving their report in the air and stopping others getting off the bus.
Test Subject
#36 Old 25th Nov 2004 at 6:30 PM
Thank you very much! I have parents who want 10 kids, now I can move the teen out to make room for more little ones I am off to test this new hack, I will let you know the results.
Jezz
[ Edited 27-11-2004 05:32AM ]

I don't like you well enough to lie to you!
Instructor
Original Poster
#37 Old 26th Nov 2004 at 11:30 PM
Ok! I was fixing the problems but now i see a new hack made by J.M. Pescado with this problems solved. I trust in the quality of his hacks, so if you like to testing the Pescado's Telephone hack, go here:

http://www.modthesims2.com/forum_viewtopic.php?22.23453.last

Teens living alone can now Sneak out and Go Out (don't need permission anymore).

Thanks, JM Pescado

[ Edited 26-11-2004 11:36PM ]
Field Researcher
#38 Old 30th Nov 2004 at 8:40 AM
I was playing in Strangetown with the Grunt family, and wanted to move Tank and Ripp, in order to marry the general again.

With Tank there was no problem at all - all waved to him whe he moved out, and the play continued.

Ripp got a nervous breakdown - I saw him sitiing on the ground with open eyes, not responding, then I saw the shrink come and take care of him - that passed ok.

But when he enterred the cab, all the options, except 'live play' were blanked - I couln't save, or exit the game, or pass to the main menu, and I saw the mood rates of Ripp in the cab, loosing energy, hunger and some other mood rates, as if he was going to die, and I couldn't nothing to save him. The only thing I did was, to restart the computer.

I describe it, because may be the hack wasn't programmed for a nervous breakdown in case of moving teen out, and has to be fixed for this option too.
Test Subject
#39 Old 30th Nov 2004 at 1:22 PM
Teens can live alone if you move out mam and dad they can even look after children or toddles with the help of a nanny
Instructor
Original Poster
#40 Old 30th Nov 2004 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gali
I was playing in Strangetown with the Grunt family, and wanted to move Tank and Ripp, in order to marry the general again.

With Tank there was no problem at all - all waved to him whe he moved out, and the play continued.

Ripp got a nervous breakdown - I saw him sitiing on the ground with open eyes, not responding, then I saw the shrink come and take care of him - that passed ok.

But when he enterred the cab, all the options, except 'live play' were blanked - I couln't save, or exit the game, or pass to the main menu, and I saw the mood rates of Ripp in the cab, loosing energy, hunger and some other mood rates, as if he was going to die, and I couldn't nothing to save him. The only thing I did was, to restart the computer.

I describe it, because may be the hack wasn't programmed for a nervous breakdown in case of moving teen out, and has to be fixed for this option too.

well, i have to check everything to see if something can be do it. But, since the game have a little bugs disabling the save option on some situations and stuck with this buttons blanked, i think we need to wait the patch comes out. I didn't have any problems yet. Some of my testing families had spasms with the teens moved out and didn't see anything like this happened.

anyway, i will check to see if i can find something related to nervous breakdown and move out.

thanks for your information.
[ Edited 30-11-2004 05:11PM ]
Field Researcher
#41 Old 1st Dec 2004 at 2:49 AM
I insisted to move out the two teens, and at the end I used the "increase age" hack. Ripp got again nervous breakdown, but he did become an adult. I checked his memories after that, and there was a bad memory: "too soon, too soon, I wasn't ready to grow up yet".
Instructor
#42 Old 1st Dec 2004 at 3:07 AM
[blockquote]gali
Posted: 01-12-2004 02:49AM
I insisted to move out the two teens, and at the end I used the "increase age" hack. Ripp got again nervous breakdown, but he did become an adult. I checked his memories after that, and there was a bad memory: "too soon, too soon, I wasn't ready to grow up yet".[/blockquote]

That happens when your age a sim up and his aspiration bar is green. Poor Ripp. Did you leave all his aspirations unfufilled?
Field Researcher
#43 Old 1st Dec 2004 at 3:24 AM
On the contrary - I used first the painting mood hack, and raise all the family aspirations to the max, so all of them were Platinum, not green.
Indeed I was sorry afterwards that I did it, he was "too young to die".... But now he is OK - I married him, got another nervous breakdown, but fixed it with the Platinum mood. Then I saw that his greatest fear is to have babies. I moved back to the General Buzz's house, and made there a new baby. Suddenly I saw Ripp coming to visit. After a while, he took the baby on his own initiative, and give her a bottle - I was so exited, I took a close-up shoot...). Then I moved to Tank's house, and made another baby there. Again Ripp came and gave the baby a bottle.
Now I moved to Ripp's house, thinking of how to handle the fear of babies - and I saw that the fear of having a baby dissapeared totally!!! I am going now to try for baby there - it seems that he was envy of Buzz and Tank....
Field Researcher
#44 Old 2nd Dec 2004 at 9:02 PM
I can't downlaod the file. What's wrong?

Edit: ok I can download it now.
[ Edited 03-12-2004 06:35AM ]
Forum Resident
#45 Old 4th Dec 2004 at 6:05 AM
The link is broken! Has the Mod been removed?
Forum Resident
#46 Old 4th Dec 2004 at 6:20 AM
Yes! Now the link worked! So happy here!
Test Subject
#47 Old 8th Dec 2004 at 9:23 AM
There weren't stars in this thread. Then, I brought from sky some and speckled...
Test Subject
#48 Old 8th Dec 2004 at 9:55 AM
thanks. It works great, and now I can move my pregnant teen out
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 15th Dec 2004 at 6:03 AM
Default cool
Thanks man..so far as i can tell it works great..i have had one teen female liveing alone for awhile now..going to school,haveing party's..even had a baby everything works awesome..Thanks agian :D
#50 Old 5th Jan 2005 at 9:23 PM
OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!! I can't wait to use this.
Page 2 of 7