Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Complete set of CAS face replacements - 27 faces, all ages

by selzi Posted 19th Apr 2007 at 6:29 PM - Updated 10th Aug 2008 at 9:50 PM by selzi : Added fixed faces #21 and #25

213 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 198 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 9
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 11:45 PM
Do you know if these are only for the high res faces? Because I REALLY want to replace my fugly face templates but I have to run the game on low graphics settings if I want any semblance of a frame rate, and sadly it seems that all the ones I've seen aren't compatible with that.
Top Secret Researcher
#52 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 11:49 PM
Nevermind my comment.I do appreciate all the hard work you put into these even if they arent your facial edits 100%. I know how time consuming is making defaults of any kind, especially these ones.

You will find my older and newest creations here
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 12:08 AM
I have tried everything. I used Delpysorganizer and looked under Facialstructre and nothing came up.And it doesnt show up in replacements either

"I didn't lose my mind, it ran away and refuses to come home"
I am like an oreo cookie, sweet at first but I cause cavities.
I R A pirate. Arr!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#54 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 12:08 AM
Thank you once more, everyone!

Quote: Originally posted by Jessica_2020
The faces are much prettier than maxis, but I must say after looking at them in body shop, I'm rather dissapointed just about all of your sims have slanted eyes and noses that are very umm, asian...were you going for an asian theme?

Erm, not really - I just thought they looked pretty like that. I like slanted eyes and small noses, so most of my faces look like that ...

Quote: Originally posted by skeletonkiss
Do you know if these are only for the high res faces? Because I REALLY want to replace my fugly face templates but I have to run the game on low graphics settings if I want any semblance of a frame rate, and sadly it seems that all the ones I've seen aren't compatible with that.

I honestly don't know - if you have tried other replacements in the past I'm afraid it won't work with mine either, but you could at least give it a try!

Quote: Originally posted by corvidophile2
Nevermind my comment.I do appreciate all the hard work you put into these even if they arent your facial edits 100%. I know how time consuming is making defaults of any kind, especially these ones.

I really appreciate your comments on making the defaults, but I'm slowly starting to get angry. I made all these faces myself as I said before. The first faces were made from scratch (which means starting with Terrakosmos' faces), some of the later faces were made with my earlier faces as bases (those are the faces which strongly resemble others in the set). I did NOT include any faces in this set which were not made entirely by me - if I had done this I would have said so, of course, and I would have asked the creator for his/her permission first.

I have no idea what makes you think these are not my faces - but since I did all the work I should know, shouldn't I?

Quote: Originally posted by darkinnocence
I have tried everything. I used Delpysorganizer and looked under Facialstructre and nothing came up.And it doesnt show up in replacements either

OK, now I really don't know what else to do - have you tried redownloading the set? If that doesn't help either I'm out of solutions ...
Test Subject
#55 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 12:10 AM
This is great, thanks! No more ugly townies wooo :D

L'essentiel est invisible aux yeux.
Test Subject
#56 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 12:22 AM
Great!!!! I am south american but my country (Brazil) is a melting-pot... and I think, because of the melting of the races, the setting is wonderful (at least for south-americans ). There aren`t specific racial marks here... all the things are mixed as in the set (european, african, etc) and, if I need add some different marks I also can create the sim in the Body Shop...
Thanks for sharing and congrats for ur wonderful work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 12:22 AM
Okay, I loaded up my game (on this user account which has no CC other than the just-installed cas faces here, and BOY was it fast, lol) and took a look in Cas. Immediately I noticed a difference with the randomly generated sim when I clicked on new sim.
Went into the faces section, had to reset the thumbnails but there they were! I'm running my game on low graphics settings and they still showed up.

I didn't in-game test it, just in cas, so there's a chance it may still be wonky, but so far so good! And they look GREAT!
Field Researcher
#58 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 12:28 AM Last edited by phantomgremlock : 20th Apr 2007 at 2:29 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by selzi

I really appreciate your comments on making the defaults, but I'm slowly starting to get angry. I made all these faces myself as I said before. The first faces were made from scratch (which means starting with Terrakosmos' faces), some of the later faces were made with my earlier faces as bases (those are the faces which strongly resemble others in the set). I did NOT include any faces in this set which were not made entirely by me - if I had done this I would have said so, of course, and I would have asked the creator for his/her permission first.

I have no idea what makes you think these are not my faces - but since I did all the work I should know, shouldn't I?

OK, now I really don't know what else to do - have you tried redownloading the set? If that doesn't help either I'm out of solutions ...

It's ok, be happy I can understand you selzi.

Say "Keep your neighborhood User Friendly ^^
Test Subject
#59 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 12:43 AM
Ahn... May I do a stupid question (I promise I do not ask if u really did the faces by yourself... I know u did. . Do not get angry, people are just kidding w/ u. ). Did u use the Helaene eyebrow default kit? Since I do love it and, if u didn`t use it, I wanted to know that if I install it, the changes will appear in ur faces set...
Abou the other people`s opinions, well, I think that if u do not like how is an townie u always can change her/his appearance w/ some face plastic change or w/ Paladin`s Place NPC changer... But this kit as basic/beautiful faces for townies is the best I have seen until now!!! And I must guarantee Selzi is paying me nothing to say this... Nor she is my personal friend... This is only the truth!!!! She is a talented artist and I must thank her for sharing her work!!!!!!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 12:52 AM
I'm sorry, but I do think the faces all look alike. Their features don't seem to be varied in the least; and as someone else said, there seems to be an Asian theme going on. I don't much like the dogfaced Maxis townies that currently populate my game, but at least you can tell the difference between them.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#61 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 12:56 AM
Thanks so much for your nice comments and your support! :lovestruc

Quote: Originally posted by skeletonkiss
Okay, I loaded up my game (on this user account which has no CC other than the just-installed cas faces here, and BOY was it fast, lol) and took a look in Cas. Immediately I noticed a difference with the randomly generated sim when I clicked on new sim.

Hey, that's awesome! After your posting I was seriously afraid the faces wouldn't show up with low graphics settings, but now I'm relieved! I hope you will be pleased with the in-game results as well.

Quote: Originally posted by Marcynha
Did u use the Helaene eyebrow default kit? Since I do love it and, if u didn`t use it, I wanted to know that if I install it, the changes will appear in ur faces set...

YES, I used it - I also love that set: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=223436 This is why my "only Maxis genetics" shots aren't truly completely Maxis. I had forgotten to take out these defaults when taking my pictures, and when I noticed my mistake I was too lazy to take all of my pics over again ...

Quote:
And I must guarantee Selzi is paying me nothing to say this... Nor she is my personal friend... This is only the truth!!!! She is a talented artist and I must thank her for sharing her work!!!!!!!!!!!

*secretly hands over the envelope with the bribe money to Marycnha*

No, seriously, I highly appreciate your support and feedback, and I'm so glad some of you girls and guys will find some use for these faces.

Quote: Originally posted by dulcetpurr
I'm sorry, but I do think the faces all look alike. Their features don't seem to be varied in the least; and as someone else said, there seems to be an Asian theme going on. I don't much like the dogfaced Maxis townies that currently populate my game, but at least you can tell the difference between them.

You're right, if you like variety in your townies, then this set isn't the right one for you, as I said in my description of the set. You might prefer some of the other sets I mentioned - most of the other sets are highly varied and some are even ethnically correct.
Field Researcher
#62 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 2:16 AM Last edited by phantomgremlock : 20th Apr 2007 at 2:35 AM.
Selzi,

Here are my results:

First-I have the crappiest graphics card, my settings are at the highest.

I added all of the packages, and ran the game. The original thumbnails did show up with your new faces as in the first image.

I stopped the game deleted the file CASThumbnails.package, restarted the game and everything worked out extremely well the second time as in the image below.

Congrats, there were no real flaws, I loved your work. Don't bother changing anything, if people don't like something they can always change the eyes etc. themselves. Thats not a big problem.

Thanks, You are a SIM-Goddess.

-Phantom

Instructor
#63 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 2:35 AM
You know who rocks? You. These are some of the best default faces I've seen. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 2:48 AM
Well I repeat, brilliant work selzi.Sadly it just won't work for me

A note for the haters:
Its a FIRST UPLOAD for her. Gosh calm down. Yes , there is no ethnic diversity, but with time and practice she probably will update the CAS with them.And yes the faces seem similar but if you look closely they are distinct. Lay off the girl. If you don't have anything nice or constructive to say about this girls brilliant non fugly creation then be silent.

"I didn't lose my mind, it ran away and refuses to come home"
I am like an oreo cookie, sweet at first but I cause cavities.
I R A pirate. Arr!
Test Subject
#65 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 2:52 AM
For some odd reason I cannot get them to work in my game however you did a wonderful job creating these faces. Good job overall. This is your first creation and you did a great job so dont let the criticism bother you.
Field Researcher
#66 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 3:14 AM Last edited by phantomgremlock : 20th Apr 2007 at 3:22 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by darkinnocence
Well I repeat, brilliant work selzi.Sadly it just won't work for me

A note for the haters:
Its a FIRST UPLOAD for her. Gosh calm down. Yes , there is no ethnic diversity, but with time and practice she probably will update the CAS with them.And yes the faces seem similar but if you look closely they are distinct. Lay off the girl. If you don't have anything nice or constructive to say about this girls brilliant non fugly creation then be silent.

I agree, she did an better than excellent job, she rocks!

Quote: Originally posted by qualove31
For some odd reason I cannot get them to work in my game however you did a wonderful job creating these faces. Good job overall. This is your first creation and you did a great job so dont let the criticism bother you.

I'm no professional but both of you may try these suggestions:

"Hack Conflict Detection Utility" found at http://www.simwardrobe.com

Sometimes things don't show up because you may have a conflict of guid's
This should determine if you have other objects of conflict. Simply remove them and place them elsewhere on your computer in another folder.

Also: go into My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 and delete this file
"Groups.cache" and delete it. This usually fixes and also updates alot of problems. The file will automatically recreate itself, nothing bad will happen.

Also: Go into My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Thumbnails
and rename the file "CASThumbnails.package" to "CASThumbnails.package.Original", the game will automatically regenerate another CASThumbnails.package. Start the game, once you are in a Neighborhood boost all your settings to the highest levels. Then play with creating new SIMs. You'll find her custom faces as in the pic's I posted for her. You should see them as posted(hopefully).

2 other options:
-Add more memory to your computer roughly 1.5 to 2 gigs
-Get a better graphics card (I doubt you'd really need a better one though)

I have one of the crappiest cards, if this doesn't work for you then I don't know what else will help. I have no problem getting the custom faces to work.

Test Subject
#67 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 3:40 AM
great idea, but the majority look like the asians xD
Test Subject
#68 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 3:40 AM
I agree that these are wonderful. I love them just the way they are, but that's my preference. I think you should just ignore all the people putting you down about it. If they want something different they can certainly download another set or make their own. Selzi made them the way SHE wants them to be, if you don't like them, feel free not to hit that download button.

Great job Selzi and thanks for sharing them. :D
Field Researcher
#69 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 4:34 AM
Welllllllll personally I think that these are bloody good replacements and a job to be commended!!! I for one have no talent for this and the time put into this project I truly appreciate!!! cudos selzi, (humbly bowing in your direction) you did a right fine job Absofarkinlutely! thankyou!
Test Subject
#70 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 4:37 AM
Hey!!!! It was a bless to forget to take out the Helenae eyebrows default when taking the pictures. This made ur work even better!!!! I hope u haven`t been lazy to take all of the set, have u? The point is: Is the set still w/ the lovely Helenae eyebrows or w/ the (argh!!! ) Maxis default? I want to know this to see if I need to reinstall Helenae set.

The faces may look alike but people can always change them the way I said before. Hey, people, do not be lazy!!! Go to The Sims Wardrobe Site and get the NPC Changer!!! Adjust them as u want!!! At least this set has pretty faces. Maxis default can have differences among them but they are quiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite ugly... Well, if people wants to be ugly or have ugly toddles... I can do nothing but it is a weird way of thinking... almost crazy... Do u know if any one has run away from any asylum? (After that I am sure I`ll be murdered... Ha, ha, ha... Sorry but this idea that Maxis set is better than this one is, sorry, but the only one adjective I find is "ridiculous"!!! So it makes me laugh!!! It is just to look at the "phantomgremlock" screeshots and see what can be made w/ this fantastic set!!!) I do prefer to have a set w/ similar pretty faces adjusting them than other w/ variety but extremely ugly and looking like dolls!!!!!
Gee!!!!! Is it Selzi`s first upload?????!!!!!!!! I can imagine the other ones!!!! If I worked for EA I would get a job for her there at once!!!!!!!! Why do people always get touched concerning to the ethnic diversity???!!!! As I told u, I live in a melting pot myself and I loved the set (all the skintones... that`s the main thing - the rest I can adjust easily counting on the pretty faces set as basis). The faces are much more realistic than Maxis` and I"ll adjust the townies faces whenever I want (what will be extremely easy because of this pretty set).
*secretly hands over the envelope with the bribe money from Selzi* (This was funny!)
Seriously, I agree w/ "darkinnocence": "Lay off the girl. If you don't have anything nice or constructive to say about this girls brilliant non fugly creation then be silent."
More: if u are not happy w/ her wonderful work, try to do ur own set (better than hers... This will be difficult: I want to see that!!! ). But I think taht if these people are too lazy to adjust the pretty townies faces w/ Paladin`s Place NPC changer and wants everything w/out making any effort or giving any value to any help or improvement, they will be quite lazy and clumsy to do their own set...
(I am lucky this is a virtual universe otherwise I would be dead... Lazy people usually are very lazy to be diplomatic even when post some criticism... ha, ha, ha.... ). I must go now before being killed...
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 4:40 AM
This is really incredible... I've been a follower of Natali's project as well, but I certainly will be using some of your templates also. I don't find your faces all that similar to each other personally, very nice work!
Test Subject
#72 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 5:48 AM
Great job on these!

Although not ethnically diverse, the Sims who will be getting these faces (well, in my game anyway) are townies or adopted children who will get random skintones and genetics anyways. I really applaud the fact that all the face replacements seem like they will look nice with a random assortment of genetics, and with either Maxis default genetics or CC genetics. I consider that a great accomplishment!

Thank you very much.
Test Subject
#73 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 6:08 AM
Excellent! I was getting tired of seeing the ugliest sims ever made! Seeing a randomly generataed good-looking sim everytime I start up CAS will be a pleasant surprise.
Field Researcher
#74 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 6:28 AM
Amazing Faces!!! Wow what great work. I can just imagine how long it took You to do these. I could never even attempt work like this. Wonderful Job. Thank You so much for taking time out and sharing them with all of Us.

Animals are really little People in disguise.
Test Subject
#75 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 7:26 AM
Thank you very much for your hard work on your face templates and also for the
references to other peoples collected work. I do not know whose work I will chose
to enjoy in the game, but I will owe the ability to make the choice to you.

Thanks! They are beatiful faces.
Page 3 of 9