Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Complete set of CAS face replacements - 27 faces, all ages

by selzi Posted 19th Apr 2007 at 6:29 PM - Updated 10th Aug 2008 at 9:50 PM by selzi : Added fixed faces #21 and #25

213 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 198 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 9
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 7:58 AM
These are beautiful! I guess we have the same taste when it comes to slanted eyes and overall look of the face.
Space Pony
#77 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 8:20 AM
Wow... *gush gush* I love these! I will definitely incorporate a few into my collection of CAS faces. I think these are just as good and even better than the older ones already on site as well, so don't be ashamed of them in any way!

Oh, and a HUGE TYVM for including all the links in one place - that's a really kind and helpful thing to do - not just uploading something for download, but providing all the other relevant info as well

PS. I admire your restraint in dealing with the "haters". Stupid haters!

If at first you DO succeed, try not to look so astonished!
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 8:21 AM
Default Yet another thank-you..
I'm glad you offered your faces in different packages since I have made my own faces for the first three slots and I wouldn't want to mess with them

God loved the birds and created trees. Man loved the birds and created cages -Jaques Duvall
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 8:57 AM
This is awesome. They're all REALLY beautiful. I'm so downloading this!
Scholar
#80 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 9:24 AM Last edited by pixelhate : 20th Apr 2007 at 9:42 AM.
I will not dwld these as I don't particulary need them but I appreciate your work and the honesty that make you provide all the links for other's work and ways to do our own replacement set. I also enjoy the niceness of your answers to everyone.
Respect.

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Test Subject
#81 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 10:25 AM
Wow, great job on these. I just wanted to say the #25 CC/blonde female in your screenshots is adorable. Also, may I ask if anyone could point me to where I could get that hair? (I know I've seen it somewhere before but cannot remember where it's at!) Thank you.
Test Subject
#82 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 11:27 AM
I really love these ^^ And it doesn't matter if they are quite the same, because with the hair and the skintone, they don't look alike ^^ I LOVE YOUR WORK Keep on, really nice :D

_·~*-Caracolin-*~·_
Test Subject
#83 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 1:46 PM
Wowza! These are simply beautiful. Thank you so much for making them.
It took me some work to get them to show up in my game, but I finally succeeded, thanks to Phantomgremlock's great advices. \^^/

Some of the comments on this thread have been pretty mean. o_ó
I think these are great just the way they are. And these are supposed to be the way YOU like them, right? If someone prefers more racially correct faces, or just doesn't like these, they don't have to download. Why bitch about something you don't like when you can just ignore it?

Anyways, thanks again, I love these faces. No more Maxis monkey faces. : D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#84 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 1:49 PM
Just came back here, and I'm overwhelmed by your sweet comments - thank you so much! :lovestruc

Quote: Originally posted by phantomgremlock
First-I have the crappiest graphics card, my settings are at the highest.

I added all of the packages, and ran the game. The original thumbnails did show up with your new faces as in the first image.

I stopped the game deleted the file CASThumbnails.package, restarted the game and everything worked out extremely well the second time as in the image below.

Congrats, there were no real flaws, I loved your work. Don't bother changing anything, if people don't like something they can always change the eyes etc. themselves. Thats not a big problem.

I'm so glad it worked out for your after deleting that second file! You're right, if someone creates a sim and isn't pleased with the faces he/she can change the features as much as he/she likes. That's what we all did with the Maxis faces before any CAS face replacements came out, right?

Quote: Originally posted by darkinnocence
Well I repeat, brilliant work selzi.Sadly it just won't work for me

Again, I'm so sorry for that ... But at least your Sarakadie faces worked, so you're not stuck with the Maxis faces!

Quote: Originally posted by qualove31
For some odd reason I cannot get them to work in my game however you did a wonderful job creating these faces.

phantomgremlock already gave you some advice what to do - after trying that out you might want to redownload them and delete the files cigen.package and CASThumbnails.package. If that doesn't work either I'm out of solutions ...

Quote: Originally posted by Marcynha
The point is: Is the set still w/ the lovely Helenae eyebrows or w/ the (argh!!! ) Maxis default? I want to know this to see if I need to reinstall Helenae set.

The set is just the faces without the eyebrows. If you just download the faces and nothing else your faces will look like the ones phantomgremlock posted earlier in this thread - they have the standard Maxis eyebrows. With the Helaene default eyebrows your townies will look like mine on the pictures.

Quote: Originally posted by yobbo
Thank you very much for your hard work on your face templates and also for the
references to other peoples collected work. I do not know whose work I will chose
to enjoy in the game, but I will owe the ability to make the choice to you.

I think it will be lots of fun to collect a personal set of default replacement faces by looking through all of the sets and choosing one's personal favorite face for each one of the 27 faces. The result will be a unique set that probably noone else has, as well as the most beautiful townies ever!

Quote: Originally posted by 3chordvalentine
I just wanted to say the #25 CC/blonde female in your screenshots is adorable. Also, may I ask if anyone could point me to where I could get that hair?

I'm glad you like that face! The hair is a donation hair by Rosesims2: http://www.rosesims2.net/contribute/contribute_16.htm
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 2:48 PM
I think these are wonderful and its the first time I download face replacements as it makes it worth it to see these beautiful faces.
How anyone can say they are alike I don't understand as they are so different. Maybe they need glasses!
Thank you so much and keep up the great work you are doing. You should be really proud of yourself.
Forum Resident
#86 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 3:44 PM
Yours are the ones I like the best. The replacements by others didn't appeal to me. Thanks a lot! Your hard work was all worth it, the outcome is amazing. I don't mind that there are no africaan feautures, I never create any africaan sims anyway.
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 3:59 PM
I downloaded these and, after looking at them in-game, I am *really* impressed with your work. Now, all my townies are smoking-hot babes. Which is just the way I like it. Thanks so much for sharing this, and I look forward to seeing future downloads from you!
Field Researcher
#88 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by selzi
Just came back here, and I'm overwhelmed by your sweet comments - thank you so much! :lovestruc

And you are a SIM-Goddess, don't forget :D

Say "Keep your neighborhood User Friendly ^^
Test Subject
#89 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 5:48 PM
Heyy I just LOVEDDDDDDD your job

I won't have to creat sims to marry my sims anymore hahaha

Tks soooo much for that...

But....

Now I want another thing.....the hairssssssssss

I have some of them...but the most beautiful ones I don't....

Please give me some tips plssssssss

Sorry for the bad english....but I tougth u woundn't understand if I wrote in portuguese hehe

waiting for you links

xoxo
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#90 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 7:32 PM
Thanks again to all the nice people here who left a comment!

Quote: Originally posted by lifesacupcake
Now, all my townies are smoking-hot babes. Which is just the way I like it.

Woohoo, I wish I was a sim-man in your neighborhood ...

Quote: Originally posted by phantomgremlock
And you are a SIM-Goddess, don't forget

You're too sweet, thank you so much! :lovestruc But I really wouldn't call myself that. My personal sim goddesses are people like Enayla or Barcelonista who aren't only extremely creative and talented, but also generous enough to share their awesome work with the rest of the world ... :lovestruc

Quote: Originally posted by mazika
Now I want another thing.....the hairssssssssss

I have some of them...but the most beautiful ones I don't....

Please give me some tips plssssssss

I don't know which hairs you already have and which not, so I'll just list the websites where I found the hairstyles shown in the pictures:

Shadywear: http://www.shadywear.de.vu/
Peggysims: http://www.peggysims2.net/index.htm
Starsims: http://www.starsims.net/starsimslig...rs/male/man.htm
Kavar: http://www.insimenator.net/forumdisplay.php?f=163
Simsconnection: http://www.simsconnection.com/
Raonsims: http://www.***/main/main.php
Rosesims: http://www.rosesims2.net/
Oepu: http://www.oepu.de/dl_genetik.htm
Sims Artist Union: http://coris.byus.net/
Hysterical Paroxysm: http://www.modthesims2.com/download...wType=2&u=31337
vetty: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=121784
XM Sims: http://www.xmsims.com/sims2/ehtm/main/index.htm
pepperdawg: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=204444
wycked: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=190577

If you're looking for a specific hairstyle but can't find it on those pages, please let me know what number that face is, and I'll look it up for you! :D
Test Subject
#91 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 7:39 PM
Yoohoo! Finally I got your great work into my game. Thank you for your wonderful work and thank you to all who helped me with their advices.

Greetings, Charron :-)
Test Subject
#92 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 8:01 PM
You don't know....but I really love you right now hehe
Tks soooo much
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 8:01 PM
I finally got to play test these lastnight. I was still worried they wouldn't show up outside of CAS, so I created a new neighborhood and moved all my sims there (since I wanted to get far far away from Fuglyville) and used the Townie Tree to spawn new townies. And OMG! Watching the thumbnails alone was breathtaking! Combined with all the loverly custom genetics they got, every single farking one of my townies is now a hottie!

I found myself getting completely distracted by the walk-bys when I was trying to take pics of my latest creations, and kept having to zoom in on them.

I'm SO glad that these work on low graphics settings. This is so far the only set that seems to, or at least the only set I liked that seems to. I don't mind if they all look similar, since as someone stated above, the only ones in my game who will have unaltered template faces are townies/npc's anyway.

Again, thanks SO much for these! I hope they get featured, you really deserve it!
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 9:01 PM
hmmm, i can't seem to find the file package i need to delete to make the thumb nails show up for the faces in my folder....
Test Subject
#95 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 9:02 PM
selzi, these look amazing! I imagine a lot of people are going to really enjoy them.

This kind of project takes a lot of patience, so congratulations! Your set is so unique and lovely, especially with the custom content.

I finished another set last month that I'm (finally) satisfied with and I'm in the process of testing them. I haven't mustered up the courage to upload them yet because I kind of like a little fugliness in my gene pools nowadays. Heh. Plus, you and Nailati make me look like the amateur I am. How dare you! :D

Anyway, I don't think these faces all look alike. The faces in my old set look alike, but I wouldn't say the same for yours. There is a similarity among them, but that's not a bad thing. At least they all appear to be the same species, unlike the Maxis originals. But hey, you can't please everyone.

I encourage anyone who's not satisfied with any of the available sets to try making their own. It's worth the trouble, even if you choose not to upload them.

Nice job, selzi!

~terra
Test Subject
#96 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 9:14 PM
I have yet to see replacements that I couldn't live w/o... until now. Nicely done!

Live... and Love.. Passionatly
Test Subject
#97 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 9:59 PM
Hey..I found all the hairs I was in love hehe

Most of them and other that you didn't use was from Raonsims...then I remembered why I love so much pay sites must be destroyed xD

Well...I'm here jast to thank you again for that....

Hope to see new stuff from you soon

=)

xoxo
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#98 Old 21st Apr 2007 at 12:00 AM
Once again I'm thrilled by your nice comments ...

Quote: Originally posted by crystal_light7
hmmm, i can't seem to find the file package i need to delete to make the thumb nails show up for the faces in my folder....

The files which are recommended to be deleted are the following:

My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/cigen.package
My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/groups.cache
My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Thumbnails/CASThumbnails.package

It's totally safe to delete those files as they are regenerated by the game on startup.

Quote: Originally posted by terrakosmos
I finished another set last month that I'm (finally) satisfied with and I'm in the process of testing them. I haven't mustered up the courage to upload them yet because I kind of like a little fugliness in my gene pools nowadays. Heh. Plus, you and Nailati make me look like the amateur I am. How dare you!

You can't imagine how thrilled I was when I read your comment. I love your templates, I've used them for months now until I decided to make my own. Some time ago you mentioned in Nailati's thread over at MATY that you were planning to make a new set, and I've been dying to see your new work ever since. I'm so excited you're finished now, and I'd love to see your new set, as well as tons of other people here, I'm sure! I'd be so happy if you uploaded your new set, as we can never have enough replacement faces so that everyone can find the set he/she likes best ... :lovestruc

Anyway, in my opinion your old set was absolutely gorgeous, so your new set must be even better ... :lovestruc And you're not an amateur at all, you were one of my muses for this set! :D
Test Subject
#99 Old 21st Apr 2007 at 2:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghengisjohn
Well, I'd get these if I never wanted to have a black sim again. All their features are mostly caucasian or asian. And predominantly caucasian, truly. The only nod to asian is the eyes. Eurgh. (and on a more feedbacky note, I'd have to say that they all look very much the same. I needed your numbers to even realize it wasn't the same face over and over)

Um, if you don't like them then don't get them?

I understand why you may not like them (I prefer Jewish features myself, and that usually means big noses, as I'm sculpting my Sims based on my family), but it's fairly easy to alter them in CAS or in BodyShop to create individual characteristics, so that's one thing, and the other thing is that if it's not your cup of tea, well... just... don't get them, that's all I can suggest. Nobody will be angry if you don't like them, but please, don't take it as a personal attack that she didn't make a larger variety of Sim faces here, and please, don't take it out on her that the variation is too limited for your liking.

Please try not to be hurtful; we need all the Sim modifiers we can get, especially the totally untalented blokes and lasses like myself.
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 21st Apr 2007 at 1:09 PM
These look wonderful, selzi! I love the overall look & style that this set is in, and erhaps this will enable me to use bases other than the first one I especially like the elf template! I plan to mix & match from different sets of replacements and not replace some maxis faces at all, but I have a feeling that yours will slowly take over my game Wonderful job, and thanks for all your hard work
Page 4 of 9