Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fallingwater Collection

by stonetower Posted 31st Aug 2007 at 8:29 AM - Updated 8th Jan 2014 at 12:20 PM by stonetower

94 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 81 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Mad Poster
#26 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 6:12 PM
This set is absolutey stunning!! You have created so many new objects - usually you see such a big output from a team but you did it all on your own!! Kudos and thanks!! Your creativity is amazing!!
Field Researcher
#27 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 9:08 PM
Damn, this must have taken you quite a while for a set so big. A big thanks to you for this wonderful And thorough addition to the game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#28 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 3:36 PM
Hey, without your request, this set will not be made.
I hope you recover good health as soon as possible.
I'm waiting your REALISTIC "Fallingwater".

P.S. Well, I'm a man. Don't you know?

Quote: Originally posted by MusicalMaven
Do know that I have several books about Fallingwater - including isometrics and blueprints - so the lot will be as close to the original as possible, including decor!
Test Subject
#29 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 5:29 PM Last edited by JLonier : 20th Dec 2007 at 10:02 AM.
Great work on all of these! I am sure I will get much use out of it all. ;-)
Test Subject
#30 Old 3rd Sep 2007 at 7:49 AM Last edited by JLonier : 20th Dec 2007 at 10:02 AM.
OMG... .... couldn't believe my eyes when I saw your work.
You've done an amazing job, thank you
Test Subject
#31 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 7:55 AM
This set is the best upload EVER!!

I blew my entire holiday weekend constructing my own very accurate Sims version of Fallingwater.

Wright very consistenly relied on modular schemes for his plans, which theoretically makes it perfect for the Sims world. Still, though, I'm amazed how closely I was able to get to the actual Fallingwater's layout and elevations. I only had to fudge minor details to make everything work out.

The working fireplace/grog pot is really cool too.

Now, if only someone would hack up a waterfall feature--say something one tile wide that could be placed side by side in the terrain to create the illusion of an animated sheet of falling water.

After I'm done futzing around with the terrain for my Fallingwater model, I can't wait to try these wonderful doors and windows on some other buildings. I may see what I can do to create a textile block house or a Usonian. Perhaps a version of the first H. Jacobs house.

If one were up to it, a full-on prairie style set would be fun. Matching, modular doors and casement windows that could be placed together to create unified horizontal bands. Everything tied together with stringcourses at levels of the windowsills and tops of the doors and windows. Perhaps some windows with leaded glass designs. Or perhaps windows with wood muntin bars patterned after Taliesin I or the Stewart residence in CA.

Columns modified to simulate Wrightian piers that could be located between doors and windows in some instances. A classic Wright fireplace like the one in the Robie House.

URNS! -Also like the Robie house, with fences and piers that would allow one to recreate Wright's terraces and balconies.

Some wallpapers--roman brick with lintels and stringcourses, perhaps some of the textile block designs such as the Ennis house, La Miniatura or the Arizona Biltmore.

Hmmm. The Arizona Biltmore would be a really fun project. At least, something in that style. These Fallingwater doors and windows might work for just such a building.

First CTNutmegger's wonderful prairie style furnishings, and now this great set.

Thanks so much.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 6th Sep 2007 at 6:09 AM
Oh, how wonderful! Everything is simply awesome. Thank you for sharing your beautiful creations. Job fabulously done.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 8:10 AM
I had no idea how awesome this set was until i loaded it into my game and started using it. This set totally rocks! Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

Oh and one thing, i was wondering if its possible to get wallpaper that matches the fences you made. Or maybe they already exist and i haven't found them yet. If not, its cool, i will try to find something that matches close to the fences though an exact match would be super cool. Well, thanks again for your sweet gift!
Test Subject
#34 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 5:46 PM
>>Oh and one thing, i was wondering if its possible to get wallpaper that matches the fences you made. Or maybe they already exist and i haven't found them yet. If not, its cool, i will try to find something that matches close to the fences though an exact match would be super cool.

The in-game Beachy Keen paint is awfully close.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 8:28 PM
Heya Trip, thanks for the tip, i checked the color out in game that you mentioned, and yes its very close but i was hoping for a stucco texture because the walls have that kind of texture. Maybe Stone or someone can possibly make matching colors and textures for the fence walls? In any case, i'm still searching the community for matching colors in case no one makes exact matches.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 12:21 PM Last edited by JLonier : 20th Dec 2007 at 10:03 AM.
It looks really good, and that you have made the effort to include all of the other things!

If you are insane, but still sane enough to know it, are you insane or sane?

Find all my creations here
Test Subject
#37 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 2:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MusicalMaven
Stonetower has done an AMAZING job with these...just so y'all know, I have the lot about 70% finished, but I am having surgery soon and meanwhile, the pain meds makes my ability to even see the screen um....let's just say 'an adventure'! SO I will work on it as I am able, and try to release it as soon as I can!

Do know that I have several books about Fallingwater - including isometrics and blueprints - so the lot will be as close to the original as possible, including decor!

Meanwhile, enjoy the windows and doors, and other amazing object Stonewtower will release in this set...she's done a MASTERFUL job of capturing the look and style that is so specific to Frank Lloyd Wright's vision.

Great to see another FLW/Fallingwater fan I too have done a Fallingwater project, and have been somewhat dissapointed with the lack of accuracy on the net. I was even upset that we didn't have a decent set of windows, but now we do :D, A big thank you to stonetower for the windows and objects, and a good luck to MusicalMaven as you continue on with your Fallingwater project.

PS: could someone give me pointers on uploading my lots to MTS2? I'm a little stuck on how to do it
Instructor
#38 Old 3rd Oct 2007 at 1:43 AM
Thank you very much. This is wonderful.

Nutty Sims Mommy.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 3rd Nov 2007 at 1:30 PM
Everything is absolutely gorgeous! Especially the windows... they are so versatile... the seamless windows will look great on rustic mountain homes as well as contemporary houses. Just what I was looking for!!!

Thanks for all your hard work! :lovestruc

I am an (unloaded?) gun; false hope.
Test Subject
#40 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 11:55 PM
Hey do you NEED scriptorium to get the stairs or is there any other way??
Test Subject
#41 Old 15th Dec 2007 at 3:16 AM
Thank you! It's fabulous!

Annie
Instructor
#42 Old 19th Dec 2007 at 9:50 PM
This is absolutely amazing! What are the EP requirements for this lot (I only have base game and Uni)?
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
#43 Old 19th Dec 2007 at 10:49 PM
This is amazing! The level of detail that went to this is incredible.

There's always money in the banana stand.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 12:31 AM
Stonetower, I am amazed at this set! I live about an hour from Fallingwater in southwestern PA, USA, and have been to Fallingwater many times, and your sets are so accurate! I especially love the fireplace! The hearth of the real one in Fallingwater is actually original bedrock that they just used and created the fireplace right on it.

This is an amazing house, built right over a waterfall. I can't wait to see the house in my game!
Scholar
#45 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 8:05 AM
Welcome to the ranch !

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Instructor
#46 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 8:16 AM
Wow! What cool stuff!

"Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio."

- William Shakespere ~ Hamlet
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#47 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 10:37 AM
This is one of my favorite build mode sets. Thank you so much for creating it and sharing it with all of us!

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Top Secret Researcher
#48 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 2:46 PM
awesome set, love the stairs! *adds to favourites*
Test Subject
#49 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 2:53 PM
I love you!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#50 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 4:11 PM Last edited by stonetower : 20th Dec 2007 at 4:17 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by dal1110
I love you!!!

I love you, too!!!

Quote: Originally posted by trippensee
This set is the best upload EVER!!

I blew my entire holiday weekend constructing my own very accurate Sims version of Fallingwater....

Oh my... Your comment makes me so happy.:D
It's too late, but I want to say, thank you so much.
Page 2 of 4