Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers wanted: Multiple pollination technicians!

by fwiffo Posted 17th Jun 2005 at 5:06 AM - Updated 15th Oct 2008 at 9:32 PM by Christy1077

98 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 96 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 25th Jun 2005 at 12:52 AM
Um....exactly "where" are they to be kept? Can I put them in my hacks folder or do they need to be loose in my downloads folder?
Field Researcher
#52 Old 25th Jun 2005 at 5:48 AM
No one asked so does this work with the hack that alows female sims to get pregnent by abduction?
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 2:10 PM Last edited by Jaedle : 26th Jun 2005 at 2:14 PM.
It works fine with that one. I have it.

fwiffo, I am working on a pack of polli techs now, but they *are* model perfect, in a way. They're fae folk. In this town, only people abducted by the fae will have the pointed ears. Pointed ears will be the mark of the fae, and I don't plan to make any fullblood fae to live in town unless I need one for movie reasons. Yes, I have too much time. LOL. As for telescopes, there were some, but they looked nothing like that. I plan to have them cheat abducted while sleeping, I think. I do have a ring of standing stones, so maybe I will just make them visit that place.

By the way, it is possible to summon the Gnome 3000 guy to the lot with Insim. I haven't tried to breed him with any other npc after the mess with the Therapist.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#54 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheLadyV
Um....exactly "where" are they to be kept? Can I put them in my hacks folder or do they need to be loose in my downloads folder?

Normally they'd go in your "downloads" folder... What do you mean by a "hacks" folder? If it's a subfolder of your "downloads" folder, I don't know if it will work there or not - I've only tested it in the "downloads" folder.
Field Researcher
#55 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 2:27 AM
anything but meshes and genetics can be placed in a hacks subfolder if that's what you want to do...

this is a good one fwiffo... all my female and male sims hate you now though
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 3rd Jul 2005 at 1:25 AM
So...where should I keep them?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#57 Old 3rd Jul 2005 at 3:41 AM
Your downloads folder is fine, or in a subfolder if you prefer.
Test Subject
#58 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 11:10 AM
fwiffo, your exchange with Oddysey was very interesting however my poor stupid brain just can't make head or tails of it - do you think you could make a tutorial on how to add more PTs (as in more than the four you have so kindly provided) so that the rest of us can add more to our little hearts' content? I would so love to have 5 or 6 or 7 or 8 or... you get the picture. Pretty pleeeaaase? :bow:
Test Subject
#59 Old 13th Jul 2005 at 3:15 AM Last edited by SNUGGLES : 13th Jul 2005 at 3:26 AM.
This sounds like alot of fun. Thanks for sharing all of this.

I do have a question though. I downloaded the newer version of Simpe. Will this work for it? Is there anything we have to do differently for the newer version?

Thanks again!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#60 Old 13th Jul 2005 at 5:28 AM
@Thorned Rose: Currently, modifying the hack to accept more PTs requires some technical knowhow and a fair amount of programming experience. It's not something I could make a "howto" or step-by-step instructions for. Unless you have experience writing software, programming microcontrollers, or something similar, it's probably inaccessable to you at this point. I plan to make a version in the future that is easier to modify, but I'm in the middle of moving right now and don't have time for it.

@SNUGGLES: The new version of SimPE shouldn't make any significant difference for this.
Test Subject
#61 Old 13th Jul 2005 at 10:57 PM
Question for ya. When I am trying to add the 6 .xml files to the package.... The global, the object data, and the object functions cause an error message to pop up. Is that normal?

It has happened with each package I have tried to add it to.
Test Subject
#62 Old 14th Jul 2005 at 8:51 AM
hi, firstly i'd like to say thanks heaps for this mod, its everything i wanted.
Now my question: I followed your tutorial to the letter to try and make my own aliens with custom eyes/skintones, but in the game only the default skins appear on my alien babies... What am i doing wrong? Please help a simmer in distress!
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 12:17 AM
Nyo, I'm sorry for not replying to your PM about using my snow leopard skin. @_@ I hadn't been checking my PMs over there.
Yes, you can use my creation in this hack. I'm honored that my work is good enough to be included. X3
Test Subject
#64 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 2:31 AM Last edited by Thorned Rose : 15th Jul 2005 at 2:36 AM.
Quote:
Currently, modifying the hack to accept more PTs requires some technical knowhow and a fair amount of programming experience. It's not something I could make a "howto" or step-by-step instructions for. Unless you have experience writing software, programming microcontrollers, or something similar, it's probably inaccessable to you at this point. I plan to make a version in the future that is easier to modify, but I'm in the middle of moving right now and don't have time for it.

While I have lots of computer experience and a qualification I only have 'remedial' knowledge of programming (the most coding I get up to nowadays is website design :D) and plus M.E. (Chronic Fatigue and Immune Disfunction Syndrome) and an 8 month old baby don't make for very good thought processing Anywayz, I shall be looking forward to your updates and I would just like to say thanks heaps for all the work you've done - it's people like you who make a good game great! :bow2:

BTW Saikatsu, your Snow Leopard skin is awesome!!
Test Subject
#65 Old 16th Jul 2005 at 2:08 AM Last edited by SNUGGLES : 17th Jul 2005 at 5:04 AM.
Oh n/m the previous post.

I used the older version of SimPE and it worked. Some of the files didn't like the newer version.

Edit: I got it working! I just finished testing the files. It is alot of fun. I never know what the baby will look like which makes it all the more amusing.

Thanks for a great tutorial and all the files. You helped make my game even more enjoyable. :D
Inventor
#66 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 5:11 AM Last edited by roxxy : 25th Jul 2005 at 11:20 PM.
Looking forward to trying this out. I have a newly re-created Strangetown, with a lot of the characters originally included in the town removed.

I do still have the families that resided there. I was concerned that since I deleted the PT's (except for the one living in the Smith family) how my alien abductions would work out.

Well I tried it out as I said, and it worked perfectly, I got 4 alien pregnancies with the different parents. It was difficult to get a female alien, but I finally got one. Thanks for sharing this.
Field Researcher
#67 Old 25th Jul 2005 at 6:36 PM
I have a question. Is it possible to have Vulcan alone as Polli tech? I mean if I download him but not the whole multiple pollination technician hack, will he replace the original pollination tech like the Better Looking polli tech does?
Test Subject
#68 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 1:01 PM
Where do i place the file??
(sorry for bad english)
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#69 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 1:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by neewer
Where do i place the file??
(sorry for bad english)

In your downloads folder in the EA games folder- C\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
Forum Resident
#70 Old 6th Aug 2005 at 8:34 AM Last edited by dewshine : 8th Aug 2005 at 4:43 AM.
I'm testing this hack along with your instructions for making my own set of aliens. How sweet it is! Let me tell you... I made up 3 new aliens, one using the Goth Skin by Hellwolve that is uploaded in the Adult Skins, one using a farscape skin I downloaded off the exchange, and a blackish skin of my own make... All with pointed ears so that I cold keep track of the outcome. (I kept the original PT).

I've only tested this by itself at the moment and I've got babies in strange town of several colors unique to this mod. I plan on trying it out with a few ladies next using cheats. I thought you would like to know that the detailed instructions were just wonderfully helpful. I'm looking forward to your next version/set of aliens.

Just an update:

I've used this in two different houses and have had 5 abductions with 3 sims. There have been 5 pregancies. Of my alien PT replacements I've had 2 blue (one male, one female), one green, and one black baby born. The 5th is in his 2nd day. I'm hoping for the gray...

So I must say that I'm very happy with not only your hack but your wonderful instructions.
#71 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 8:19 PM Last edited by Ladyd : 11th Sep 2005 at 9:50 PM.
My custom default aliens thanks to fwiffo
:bow2: Thanks so much, fwiffo,using your instructions I managed to make my own multiple pollination technitions and eventually figured out how to make it work. Below are the results. Daniel Pleasant had all four of my new Polly Techs after multiple alien abductions with the telescope. I have never uploaded before so I hope that it works. I left all of the eye and hair the generic ones so that my sims genetics would be in the mix with their offspring. I did not want all of my alien offspring looking the same by giving them custom eyes or hair--only custom skin color.
Please comment on whether you like this or not and if it works well for you in your game.
I'm so sorry but I forgot to mention that only the purple and blue skins are mine--the white skin is from a file named Pearl Moon and the black skin is from peter_halland (http://www.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=311), all of the skins are anatomically correct with both male and female nude parts. I honestly don't remember where I got the other skin from-because of the name of the file it might have come from (http://www.sapphiresims2.com/), anyway it's a neat site that you can check out. If this should be moved to the Adult section please do so. I am inexperienced at uploading things. Please rate this for me.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  4MultiDefaultPollTechs.zip (9.72 MB, 34 downloads)
Test Subject
#72 Old 4th Oct 2005 at 6:37 AM
When my sims are abducted i only see them sucked into spaceship then dropped out at end. How do you see the probing and all? I have no expansions.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#73 Old 5th Oct 2005 at 11:31 PM
I've posted a note about Nightlife in the original post. If you've gotten the hack to work with the expansion, please post a message about it. It appears that Maxis has made at least a few changes to the way aliens work, so there's no guarantee that this hack is compatible yet (I don't know for sure yet because I don't have Nightlife).
Test Subject
#74 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fwiffo
I've posted a note about Nightlife in the original post. If you've gotten the hack to work with the expansion, please post a message about it. It appears that Maxis has made at least a few changes to the way aliens work, so there's no guarantee that this hack is compatible yet (I don't know for sure yet because I don't have Nightlife).

This hack doesn't work in my game. Screws up the actual birth sequence, for both alien and non-alien babies. I have a feeling that it's getting hung up on the sequence that the game uses to check to see whether the kid has an alien dad and take him out of the kid's family tree. This really, really bites, because now not only can I not use this hack (and my version of it has JMPescado!) but now even my existing aliens don't have any genetic relations with each other, even if they share an alien parent. (Major issues in one of my neighborhoods, where that was the WHOLE FRIGGIN POINT!) Maxis needs to tell us about this stuff, the weird random changes in the way the game handles things.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 14th Nov 2005 at 1:56 PM
Default Let me know if it's NL compatible
What a great mod!! I've had some issues with NL since I've gotten it (toddlers losing their aspirations, culinary job errors, maids that can't show up; etc.), but I'm very much interested in this mod. Two of the Curious guys were abducted in mine, and they had two (of the ugliest) little girl aliens. Not to mention the two "Singles" girl aliens. Never had an abduction in Pleasantview. But I've had one in Veronaville to the Albany-Goneril Capps (as if they needed MORE children). That was a boy, born after I downloaded a modified pollination tech to replace the original one, and he's a doll. The problem? No other alien girls for him to date. I want an all-alien family, darn it! The Single girls aren't related to the Curious girls (as Pollination Tech Smith is their father), but... they're all girls, and I don't really want some funky girl-on-girl thing happening with those 4.

Anyway! The point of this is, will someone please be brave enough to try this with NL and post if it works or whether you've had problems. THANK YOU!!!! I'd greatly appreciate it!
Page 3 of 4