Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Multiple Pollination Technicians - Expansion - New Aliens

by fwiffo Posted 24th Jun 2005 at 3:08 AM - Updated 5th Oct 2005 at 11:33 PM by fwiffo : Nightlife update

172 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 170 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 7
#51 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 9:47 AM
ok not to sound like a complete idiot but where do you extract them to?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#52 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 10:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Princess_froobe
ok not to sound like a complete idiot but where do you extract them to?

That would be on the front page:

"Multi_Pollination_Technician.package" file in your downloads directory"

D'oh

(smile)

Best wishes
Maxon
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#53 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 10:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Baskar
Ugly you say? Well, who said anything about aliens "having" to be cute? LOL. :P

I look at it as part of the risk.

Yeah me too - I like the ugly aliens. This is an interesting hack but I'm going to stick to PT9. Thanks though fwiffo.

Best wishes
Maxon
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 9th Aug 2005 at 6:18 PM
Ah, thank you so much. These are cool! ^.^
I always hated the way the alien babies looked with, but now they all look much better ^_^ Thank you again,
Ratt
Scholar
#55 Old 13th Aug 2005 at 6:12 PM
Ok, I have a folder in my Download directory called Hacks. I am wondering whether these PT's need to go straight to the Download directory (since they are in effect skins) or if I can keep them in the folder underneath?
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 14th Aug 2005 at 8:05 PM
Hi! Great mod, I love the look of these 4 poly techs. I have a question. If I use SimPE to replace the skins of the 4 aliens techs, will the changes take effect on any future offspring? What I mean is using sim surgery to change the look of the 4 poly techs that show up in SimPE sim browser. Will that work? I know it won't change existing aliens only the new ones. I wanted to know if this would work
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 15th Aug 2005 at 2:25 AM
Also I noticed that the multi techs only show up in pleasantview, not strange town or veronaville, or any custom neighborhood. How can this be changed to work with all neighborhoods?
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 18th Aug 2005 at 10:30 AM
No, they show up everywhere. At least with my experience. The ONLY one I've not gotten pregnant from is #14.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 21st Aug 2005 at 5:32 PM
Thank you soo much! I love it! I always hated my alien sims looking so ugly.

Here's Beau (the boy) and Belle (the girl), my alien twins. Thank you soo much! Thanks to you my alien sims look great!

Life is a temporary thing, death is everlasting. Who needs immortality?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#60 Old 22nd Aug 2005 at 2:27 AM
Sorry I haven't been around to answer questions about the hack - I got a new job and moved from Michigan to Florida. Haven't had a minute of time to even play the Sims.

@Bain: I don't know if that will work. I don't know if SimPE's simsurgery will work on special unique NPCs. Also, they show up in all towns - there is no town-specific code in the hack.

@Ebil_Simz: Those kids look great! I haven't gotten a chance to get any abduction kids from my hack in my game except during testing. :-/
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 23rd Aug 2005 at 9:05 PM
Hello! Thank you for the wonderful job!
I hate the original alien too!
My question is:
are "your" aliens related?
Forum Resident
#62 Old 23rd Aug 2005 at 9:22 PM
No Sirella there aren't.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 23rd Aug 2005 at 9:53 PM
Very good!
The Poll Tech's children are allways related and they could never love eachother, nevertheless have children together! Untill now! ^_^
Reeeeeeeealllllllllllly Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 10th Sep 2005 at 1:17 PM
He what happend to the 8 mulit techs I like the surprise u had in it can I have that file
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 8:05 AM
Hi all thank you for this hack I have nightlife and it is working so far will keep testing though. I have found no problems with it.
Test Subject
#66 Old 15th Sep 2005 at 2:00 PM
I really really want this download, but for some reason it won't download for me. It just sits and works and spins but nothing happens. Does anyone have the file that they could send me? I have gmail so I can accept pretty large files... otherwise Yahoo works too! Thanks in advance!
Field Researcher
#67 Old 16th Sep 2005 at 10:20 AM
I have a question about this. I'm trying to figure out why my sims don't get the "scope" option in NL even after flirting to establish a gender preference. I had this hack installed and saw no issues with it, but I've removed it and will see if doing so enables my sims to scope.

My question is, will these pollination techs still replace the fugly one if I leave them in without the hack? I don't mind not being able to use the abduction percentage part, but I really like your pollination techs and in the off-chance that any of my sims get abducted, I'd rather have their genes than the original guy's.

For a species that claims to be intellectually superior to all other life forms, humans do some stupid things.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 17th Sep 2005 at 11:13 AM
excellent job! My sister downloaded them and they do actually work. Now I can make a whole neighbourhood of aliens!

*~*~*~*~MTS2*~*~*~*~
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny.
(")_(")Copy and paste him into your signature!

I Can Now Recolour Any Outfit In The Sims 2 Using Adobe Photoshop CS2, So If You Want To Request A Recolour Of A Mesh (MAXIS ONLY!), Give Me A Shout!
Test Subject
#69 Old 17th Sep 2005 at 7:19 PM
Hello,
can you tell me, wether the Multiple Pollination Hack is compatible with Nightlife? I would still like to have pretty Alien-Sims and would be grateful, if somebody already works on it. I, please to excuse my English since i have to worked with a translation program.

Dear greetings
EloSam
Test Subject
#70 Old 20th Sep 2005 at 1:58 PM
Are there any plans to update this for NL compatability?
Test Subject
#71 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 4:17 AM
I haven't done extensive testing, but my version (which basically uses the same basic code) seems to be compatable with Nightlife. The hack theoretically shouldn't have anything to do with the bits in Nightlife that were changed. I'm not positive, but so far this has caused either no problems or problems that are trivial compared to the other issues I've been having.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 7:31 PM
I too would like to now if this is compatible with nightlife. Please let us k now.
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 4:10 AM
Okay, I was asked to post a request for an adjustment for this hack here, so here I am.
I was wondering if you would be up to the challenge to make several aliens with different skin tones that uses the same premise. Like maybe one with the default green skin, one with light blue, one with lavender, white, etc. and perhaps with different eye colors as well (perhaps cat eyes?).

Would you be willing to attempt this?
Test Subject
#74 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 6:35 PM
I had a glitch in my game, I am not sure if it had to do with this hack, but I thought I would share anyway since it seemed like the obvious "crook"

I had a male sim get abducted with the red telescope, the one with the 50% chance,
and everyone went normally during pregnancy and birth.

The I noticed that (he had twins) twin one had green skin and the second didn't which seemed odd to me since twin #2 had a maxis made skin.
I tjecked his famliy three and saw that my sim (Zack) was the only listed parent in there. There was no Polly thechnician and then I realised that the baby's only had his DNA. (the green skin came from his mother and the other from him self.)

I'm not so sure this is complettely compatible with nightlife...
Test Subject
#75 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 8:43 PM
Could you try doing something similar, with vampires? So that with new full body tattoos, we could have red demons and whatnot who go around biting people, who subsequently become red demons too etc.?
Page 3 of 7