Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

All-In-One and Nanny 090429

by christianlov Posted 26th May 2008 at 9:57 AM - Updated 12th Jan 2010 at 1:22 PM by christianlov : Bug found

237 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 224 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 9 of 10
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#201 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 1:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by meek_monkey
Hi I have been using All in one for AL as I have AL and I have been getting some error logs so I have put them up to see if u can fix it or give advice as what it maybe.

I have also noticed that all in one get stuck in a loop of cleaning a toilet or repairing the dishwasher.

it's just a reset problem, so it's not an error. the log says there no such tree but the tree is there. this happens when i edit the package to change the tree number. for an example, i change a bhav instance 0x1000 to 0x1001. users will download the new package and install it, but in their game, my painting is still running old trees. so it will believe the tree number is still 0x1000 and 0x1001 is wrong (but nothing is wrong) because it was running 0x1000 just before users save the game and install new version. so the game will think the tree was suddenly gone for no reason, and it will say this is an error, that is what the log says, the tree doesn't exist. but after one reset (or maybe a few more), it will see the tree number has been changed by me and nothing's wrong.

but if it continues to happen, then really there is a big problem (files were not installed/missing)
Test Subject
#202 Old 7th Dec 2009 at 9:32 AM
I'm having a problem with my AIO npc.. Everytime she picks up one of my puppies they suddenly disappear from my family and I cant seem to get them back unless I exit out without saving.. I have been looking everywhere for an answer for this problem and haven't seem to come up with a solution.. has anyone else had this problem? and if so, how did you fix it?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#203 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 12:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nickyb555
I'm having a problem with my AIO npc.. Everytime she picks up one of my puppies they suddenly disappear from my family and I cant seem to get them back unless I exit out without saving.. I have been looking everywhere for an answer for this problem and haven't seem to come up with a solution.. has anyone else had this problem? and if so, how did you fix it?

simple solution is turning off autonomy option (i think... she will not try to pick up puppies if that option is turned off, i never saw them picking up puppies)

but because actually that seems to be something caused by other hack, so the real solution is finding that hack, i guess.
Top Secret Researcher
#204 Old 14th Apr 2010 at 2:16 PM
I guess this can be a replacement for Dizzy2's baby sitter as that one doesn't work with OFB or Pets. I'll think I'll give it a shot.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Instructor
#205 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 5:25 AM
More recent versions can be found at christianlov's blog: http://blog.daum.net/christianlov/8605605
I usually use Servos as nanny/homekeeper/clerk, but when there's no place for Servo(like having large family that reaches family member limit), All-in-One NPC is very handy.
Test Subject
#206 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 11:12 AM
thanks so nice
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#207 Old 27th Sep 2010 at 9:06 AM
it works almost perfectly my all in on maid keeps on feeding me chili why is this?
Test Subject
#208 Old 28th Sep 2010 at 1:08 AM
is there any way to change the blog's language i dont understand korean!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#209 Old 13th Oct 2010 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bryle313
it works almost perfectly my all in on maid keeps on feeding me chili why is this?

you can change food menu using the options ^^
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#210 Old 13th Oct 2010 at 5:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bryle313
is there any way to change the blog's language i dont understand korean!

you don't need to understand korean to download my files. if you visit my blog, there is a category named 'warehouse'. (you can find that category at the left corner of my blog) there you can download some 'official' zip files. but no english documents/screencaps will be provided.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#211 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 4:41 AM
you rock christianlov!!! and....can i make request? its ok if you dont do request you can just ignor this one, but i REALLY!!! need a party hack so i can have easier parties on every kind of parties....
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#212 Old 10th Mar 2011 at 2:00 AM Last edited by catdeville : 11th Mar 2011 at 10:28 PM.
First, I just have to say that I greatly appreciate all the work that you do to make our Sim experience more enjoyable. I'm a new Sim addict (been playing less than two months!) and I have several of your hacks/mods that have made my game *significantly* more enjoyable. I think it's actually fair to say that without your mods I might not have gotten addicted at all, because the game would have been too limited in specific areas.

Next, I have to say that this is one of my favorite mods of yours. I was having the bad butler, bad nanny experience (and obsessively watching the nannies once I learned that they could actually *kidnap* your children!) and was getting frustrated at not being able to fire the butler and bad nannies when I found this hack along with recommendations on how to get rid of the bad guys (I ended up f=moving to another lot, since I wanted to remodel my house anyway.)

I installed your mod along with the dishwasher attendant mod, and went from having a house full of useless staff who didn't even have the common decency to leave when fired (and who actually *added* to the mess, as I apparently got both a nanny & a butler with 0 cleaning skill who were cooking filthy food and even peed in the nursery!) to having a houseful of competent staff ! In fact not only did they get straight to work, it was just a matter of minutes before they had the entire house squared away, including having mopped up behind the pissy granny nanny.

And all this before I even found out that there *were* options menus, much less where they were. Now after reading this I know that there are options to set and will start playing with those, but before I do, I had a question or two that sent me here, and I hope someone's still around to answer them.

I just have one minor feedback and one question, for anyone listening. The feedback is about having the nanny feed toddlers. I want her to feed my babies but since I am feeding the toddlers only smart milk, I don't want her feeding my toddlers, since she doesn't feed them smart milk. So I'm having a problem having to cancel her out of queue multiple times to keep her from feeding the toddler, *or* have to risk the baby going hungry if I don't notice she's hungry. *If* you do ever get around to doing another update, I would recommend either adding separate "feed toddlers" and "feed babies" options instead of the single "Hunger On" option, *or* adding an option to feed toddlers smart milk. If that's possible.

The other, the question, can probably be answered by anyone using the mod, not just the creator. I can't seem to figure out exactly how scheduling works. I don't seem to understand if 24 hrs means their on lot 24 hrs even though they're scheduled for less (and will use the beds when not scheduled) or if they end up being on duty 24 hrs. I also don't quite understand what the different levels of autonomy mean.

SO, here's what I want to do... I want my NPCs to have autonomy, pretty much full autonomy, as long as they'll still do their jobs as instructed. I want them to work a scheduled "shift", but I've built a really nice "servant's quarters" where they can rest and even watch TV, dance, etc.... so I want them to stay on the lot when they're off duty, and use their NPC chairs and beds when they're ready to sleep. So I've got it set for full autonomy, have scheduled a shift for them, and turned on 24 hrs., and have placed the NPC beds and chairs for them. Am I doing it right (I can't tell, 'cause I'm only catching them on duty all the time.)

Finally, I am completely awestruck by the fact that you not only create such wonderful mods and share them with others, but that you do so for a largely English speaking audience when it appears that your native language is Korean. I am just absolutely AWESTRUCK! You, sir, are AMAZING! You are a true Amateur in the best sense of the word (the word, from the Latin, does not mean, as some might think, one who does not have skill, but rather means someone who does something purely out of Love, rather than for money motive... "Amo" In Latin being the root verb "To Love."

Thank you so much for your time, and for your gifts of Love to this community.

Warmest Regards!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#213 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 7:26 AM
OMG WOW
thank you excellent mod! i downloaded this the non ep8 version (two pictures??) can i use both?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#214 Old 20th May 2011 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by catdeville
The other, the question, can probably be answered by anyone using the mod, not just the creator. I can't seem to figure out exactly how scheduling works. I don't seem to understand if 24 hrs means their on lot 24 hrs even though they're scheduled for less (and will use the beds when not scheduled) or if they end up being on duty 24 hrs. I also don't quite understand what the different levels of autonomy mean.

SO, here's what I want to do... I want my NPCs to have autonomy, pretty much full autonomy, as long as they'll still do their jobs as instructed. I want them to work a scheduled "shift", but I've built a really nice "servant's quarters" where they can rest and even watch TV, dance, etc.... so I want them to stay on the lot when they're off duty, and use their NPC chairs and beds when they're ready to sleep. So I've got it set for full autonomy, have scheduled a shift for them, and turned on 24 hrs., and have placed the NPC beds and chairs for them. Am I doing it right (I can't tell, 'cause I'm only catching them on duty all the time.)

Hi there,
regarding the autonomy level issue, I can say that you can basically choose one among three levels. First level is no autonomy. Second level is making workers sit down on chairs. Workers will sit down calmly and do the job once an hour. Third level is giving workers full autonomy. So if you choose this third level, workers will hang around on your lot if they cannot find anything to clean or repair. But "autonomy option" doesn't mean that they don't work at all. So even if you choose full autonomy, workers will still do their job at least once every hour.

And regarding the 24 hrs option, I can explain that this option means that workers stay on the duty for 24 hrs. I mean, 24 hrs means they are on lot 24 hrs even though they're scheduled for less, so they will end up being on duty 24 hrs ignoring the 'clock in' or 'clock out' hr option. So if you turn on this option, workers will stay on the lot for 24 hrs as well as do their for 24 hrs. So they will be on their duty for all day long. But if you turn on this option as well as buy the special NPC bed, they will be given a free 'sleeping' time at night, go to that bed and sleep.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#215 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 9:03 PM
This is definitely one of my most fave mods. I just seem to be having a weird issue with it.

I'm playing a rich Sims family and hired one Ain1 NPC to cook and clean, etc. I did this by buying the NPC stove and going from there.

She was overwhelmed and always late trying to do the billion things she'd been assigned so I took pity and bought the NPC painting and this spawned another Ain! NPC to help her out. This was all fine.

But for some reason, I think I might have deleted the stove at some point (no longer remember) but now my game always spawns one extra NPC to what I've asked it to! So if I have one painting, I'll end up with two NPCs! If I have two paintings (or stoves) I'll end up with three NPCs! Please help.

Is there anyway to completely clear out NPC controllers in a lot?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#216 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by htgamer90
This is definitely one of my most fave mods. I just seem to be having a weird issue with it.

I'm playing a rich Sims family and hired one Ain1 NPC to cook and clean, etc. I did this by buying the NPC stove and going from there.

She was overwhelmed and always late trying to do the billion things she'd been assigned so I took pity and bought the NPC painting and this spawned another Ain! NPC to help her out. This was all fine.

But for some reason, I think I might have deleted the stove at some point (no longer remember) but now my game always spawns one extra NPC to what I've asked it to! So if I have one painting, I'll end up with two NPCs! If I have two paintings (or stoves) I'll end up with three NPCs! Please help.

Is there anyway to completely clear out NPC controllers in a lot?

That is so strange..
It seems that there are three schedulers working on the lot. It means that there are three controllers (NPC paintings or NPC stoves) on the lot. Have you tried to find an extra painting or stove placed on the lot?

Please try this:

1. Remove the schedule of each NPC painting or stove (you can find this option under the 'Preferences' menu). This will remove schedules and make my NPCs go home.
2. See if any of those NPCs don't go home. If you find such NPC, look where she stands. Because she is set to stand in front of the NPC painting (or stove), you will find what is her controller.
3. If you find that controller, remove the schedule allocated to that controller.

Anyway, you don't actually need the special NPC stove because my NPCs will recognize any kind of stoves (including custom ones).
Instructor
#217 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 5:47 AM
Christianlov,

Your NPC is amazing. I DL'd the one from your daum site. I have all EPs and SPs.

Bug Report: If I use a MORE RECENT version than 100124, the aio errors out when putting raked leaves in the trash OR compost.

This happens with version NPC_100624.zip, NPC_101026.zip, and NPC_110825.zip.

Error logs attached.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Logs.zip (51.5 KB, 17 downloads)

Liv Loves Simming: http://livlukas.tumblr.com

Liv Loves LiveSimming: http://www.livestream.com/livlukas

Test Subject
#218 Old 4th Feb 2012 at 10:35 PM
The NPC bed uses a standard pine bed but I would like it to use the Caress of Teak Bed. Easy to change using SimPE or no? Would you mind pm me with the info (if you have a moment)

I'd like to try to modify if you don't mind.

Sims by Dasi:

Patrick Swayze

Sabrina

From Bones: Emily Deschanel
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#219 Old 1st Sep 2012 at 9:26 AM Last edited by LaurellKH : 25th Feb 2013 at 3:09 PM.
This is my favorite mod ever! Great job.

An issue I have wish creator would fix: It is default for maid and nanny to be set to having holidays and going home. Please change default to opposite. The AIO she is always reverting back to this default. She does not always every time but I notice this. If the house gives her to much work, if she get stuck not watering plant, random some houses she just does not like, when come back from community lot or log back into lot sometimes not always is this revert to default. Very bad for sims who expected to leave and now dcfs shows up and takes child cause nanny ran off and was not home. Bad they did not have planned for maid to leave and pets dead not fed. Bad I must repeatedly check the picture to see if maid is running away today and random so if I just checked picture ten minutes later she runs away anyway. Please fix this so default is AIO works 24hrs and no holiday. Thank you!!!

A note: Maid is always getting stuck in elevators. Very bad stuck. No way to get her out. Just must be careful to pay attention and save often. No grave for her if she stuck. No pick her up and move she vanish disappear/unselectable. No fix with batbox invis. No fix at all.

Other note: You say maid does not put out fires well and not tested much? She does it better than any sim and never does she fail. Save sims many times from stupid lightning trees. Good work.

Field Researcher
#220 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 4:34 PM
Does anyone know if the NPC/Nanny are safe to marry?
Field Researcher
#221 Old 26th Dec 2012 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WakahisaDManami
Does anyone know if the NPC/Nanny are safe to marry?

When I used this years ago, I was able to release a nanny and allow her to live like a playable sim.
Test Subject
#222 Old 26th Feb 2013 at 12:51 PM
Will this work if I don't have AL?
Test Subject
#223 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 1:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lolfishcake
Will this work if I don't have AL?

Yes. If you look in the download section, the first file is the one you want since you don't have AL.
Lab Assistant
#224 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 10:13 AM
my NPC just cleans the house but doesn't cook breakfast when I choose a meal from the painting?
How can I make her do it?
Forum Resident
#225 Old 25th Apr 2013 at 12:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xBabyKingx
my NPC just cleans the house but doesn't cook breakfast when I choose a meal from the painting?
How can I make her do it?

Just breakfast or does she not cook any meal? If any meal then she needs something in kitchen. Make sure you do not have a divider fence on the ground between stove and table and chairs.

If she just does not cook breakfast I have never seen that. Conflicting mod somewhere?
Page 9 of 10