Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Site Helper
#226 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 3:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsrsexy
I for some reason cannot place apartment doors, and my sims cannot move into apartments.
This really doesn't belong here. You should post your problem in the Sims 2 Help forum:
http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=31

However, before you post again, be sure to follow the entire Game Problem FAQ.
Advertisement
#227 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 4:57 AM Last edited by SingleClawDesigns : 5th Dec 2011 at 4:41 PM.
Bumping Zombie threads are good if you know this is the area to ask right? oh well lol.

Does anyone have the issue of not being able to use a kitchen after moving in and upgrading it? I remodeled one of the main street mobile home kitchens that I have Nina Caliente living in as she has a little money to spare from her hair salon gig. Only problem is once i put in a new fridge and stove the only option on the fridge is instant meal and the stove in totally unclickable.

I tried boolprop aptsublotSpecificToolsDisabled false and sold/re-bought the two but same results; also force errored both and still no change. Is there something i'm doing wrong or is it just an EA quirk that all apartment dwellers have to have the fugliest kitchens ever, because they're well...apartment dwellers?

ETA: Moved her out then back in (she's pregnant and needs to eat damnit) the kitchen reverted back to the original one as well as the windows i had replaced so apparently remodeling a sublot after making the apartment base is not something you're supposed to do (thought the new outside wall covering stayed as well as the brick foundation I had switched it to instead of the deck one). Which kind of blows as I was looking forward to using all the ugly maxis apartment bases but having each family prettify the in and out of their own floor. Guess I'll just spend a day remodeling all the base lots to look how I want them to on the outside.

ETA2: I haven't seen this anywhere in the guides so maybe someone should add this or I glossed over it last night. The issue I found was I had the Shinytyme Stove in the apartment that made the fridge unusable. After rebuilding the lot and putting in that stove I got the same issue so I bought another stove (the green one from freetime) and the cooking options came back. I don't understand why that stove would be non compatible with apartments. The only thing that comes to mind is that it's the stove used in dorms which spawn the cooks, but I've used that stove in normal residences before without issue.
Test Subject
#228 Old 4th Aug 2012 at 10:40 PM
I've tried building a custom apartment, I don't get any error messages. When I go to add sims, They don't show up and I can't build a two story apartment building/duplex. HELP!
Site Helper
#229 Old 4th Aug 2012 at 10:47 PM
Pictures would probably help. The more that we know about what you've done, the more likely that we can help you.
Test Subject
#230 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 6:57 PM
Default Apartment Problems
Hi guys! How's the new year?

I have Apartment Life and I'm trying to build detached apartments, but when I'm going to change the lot zoning it gives an error. can you guys help me? I think I have put everything right.

thanks a lot.
Happy New Year.
Site Helper
#231 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 7:35 PM
See my post immediately above yours. We need to know a lot more about your apartment to find your mistake.
Test Subject
#232 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 4:35 PM
Problem with Apartment
Hello Everyone!
Ive looked in this thread for hours! Ive tried almost everything, but with no succes
And so many lies! You CAN build an aparment on foundation with yard, ive tested it myself!

I wanted to upload the lot here, so a helpful person maybe could take a look at it... How do i do that?

Marie
Site Helper
#233 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 6:47 PM
Are you saying that you're having problems with your lot, and that you want someone to help you figure out the problem? If you want to zip and attach your lot to your post here, click on the "Go Advanced" button in the reply area and then use "Manage Attachments". Alternatively, you can attach screenshots of your lot and we can try to puzzle it out from the pictures.
Mad Poster
#234 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 11:38 PM
I can't find how to change the rent on an apartment HOUSE. There is a link that doesn't go anywhere, and stuff about a "wand" that doesn't sound like what I want. I don't have a problem building a house into an apartment, but a modest house shouldn't cost more to RENT than it would to buy! And yes, I searched here & search engines & can't find anything. I have heard of a way to change the cost of a house that you UPLOAD, but don't know what that is, or if it would work for what I want.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Site Helper
#235 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 2:37 AM
I don't know of any way to change the rent on an apartment, other than to change the value of the apartment.

The "magic wand" from MATY will depreciate the value of all objects on the lot to their minimum value. This should reduce the rent because it reduces the value of the lot itself.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/f...r=al%2Fhacks%2F
Test Subject
#236 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 9:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Are you saying that you're having problems with your lot, and that you want someone to help you figure out the problem? If you want to zip and attach your lot to your post here, click on the "Go Advanced" button in the reply area and then use "Manage Attachments". Alternatively, you can attach screenshots of your lot and we can try to puzzle it out from the pictures.

Thak you mootilda, but... ive never tried this before, where do i find my lot? where do i save it?
Ive tried to take pictures, but i dont think they're really helpful so id rather upload the lot
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#237 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 2:00 PM
Mariebuur - If you only want to show how it's done, please attach pictures and not a lot. You can see how to take pictures for upload using MTS2:Creator_Guidelines/Screenshot_Basicswiki. Pictures are much more helpful for someone building.
Test Subject
#238 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 11:25 AM
I'm kind of a late sims 2 user but I've been hooked for a while. But with regards to apartment... I have both season and apartment life and I was just wondering if it is possible to have a farm/plots where all the sims from that apartment can plant? Is this possible or I really need to make close spaces? It would be like a community farm except it is on the apartment.
Site Helper
#239 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 7:01 PM
kikaisa, to find the answer, I would just backup my save game and try it.
Test Subject
#240 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 8:11 PM
Hi! I have an issue when building apartments and I haven't seen anyone mentioning it. What happens is that I built an apartment, and every apartment door has different rent costs, but when I try to buy one, my sims gain access to the entire lot. What I mean is that they can cross all of the apartment doors and everything becomes visible instead of the normal shading that occurs when you rent.
I will try to describe the lot and see if it helps:

The apartment is one big building shaped like the three sides of a square, surrounding a common area in the center. It has two levels and no foundations. Seven apartment doors, four in the lower level (one of them is two floors tall and has a garage) and three in the upper level, two of them accessible from a common hallway that is accessible from a common room in the first floor. The other one is accesible from stairs that lead to the exterior common area.

The three upper apartments and the one who is in the two levels have balconies, but they are all properly enclosed (they are above the common area instead of on the lower level).
I used the cheat after I finished building it all.

The weird part is that all the doors have different rent costs, so I think the game doesn't treat the lot like one lone apartment.
Site Helper
#241 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 8:43 PM
Pictures would probably help.
Test Subject
#242 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 10:39 PM
For some reason this is the largest size it can save snapshots, but here are some of them:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/0dbbe8c4...fphz9o1_400.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/ce410cf8...fphz9o2_400.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/cc0903d0...fphz9o3_400.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/8969fbd2...fphz9o4_400.jpg

In the picture with view from above, you can see the common area in light green, the balconies and the two-level apartment (the gray one in the left corner)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#243 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 11:15 PM
Okay, I can't see a thing. Please take close ups and use the img line in your post or attach them.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Site Helper
#244 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 11:19 PM
I'm afraid that those pictures may be too small. I'm having a hard time telling where the doors are, etc.
Test Subject
#245 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 9:02 AM
Is there anyway to control what kind of townies can rent an apartment? Say I wanted only elders...is that possible?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#246 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 10:06 AM
You can stop townies renting. https://www.modthesims.info/d/511564 Then just move in your own elders.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#247 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 3:59 PM
Is it possible to make normal adult townie apartment neighbours selectable and age them up using the Simblender or some other mod/cheat? Or would that make them move out of the apartment?
Site Helper
#248 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 5:28 PM
The problem with moving in your own elders is that you will be limited to 4 apartments per building.

Aging up the existing apartment residents sounds worth a try. Just backup and try it and see whether it works. If it doesn't work, restore from your backup and you haven't lost anything.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#249 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 9:54 PM
Many of the townies who rent are elders, so you could probably just watch and see who turns up and delete the adult ones with moveobjects until elder townies take the rooms.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#250 Old 1st Jan 2014 at 3:48 AM
I use a mod to stop townie neighbours from moving in at all, but it can get quite boring if I just have one playable family on a lot. Normally I like to play with apartment lots with four units and I fill them all with playables, so that's quite fun :-) If anyone does try aging them up, please can you post here and tell us if it worked? I'd like to know, as it may come in handy in the future!
Page 10 of 11