Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#301 Old 9th Dec 2011 at 11:02 PM
I've gotten used to this one. Whenever there's routing issues when a sim decides to give another sim a back rub, the action won't cancel. Instead, the sim just flips their arms backwards and moves their hands, as if they are giving the other sim a back rub...when they are across the room. Seems to happen with teens only, so far I haven't had the same thing happen with adults/elders. It freaked me out the first time.

Say no to bug babies.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#302 Old 9th Dec 2011 at 11:21 PM
The first time I had it was with YAs, and there shouldn't have been any routing problem - Pigeon and Zeke were the only ones on the street. She got her points, so he gave satisfaction. I figured it was a talent of his, and a valuable one, too.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Banned
#303 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 1:47 AM
My Sim threw her cat at her husband.

He threw the baby at her.
Test Subject
#304 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 4:48 PM
The most scary glitch I've ever had was when one day I was at my mom's computer. She has The Sims 2 there, but her graphics card isn't that good. So I made a family and I just zoomed in to the Sim's face and... BAM! It turned black! It scared me and I jumped off the chair and fell down. This was the most scary glitch I've ever had... I will never forget it. :D
Test Subject
#305 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 7:48 PM
Last night, I had a long series of jump bugs that freaked me out. One of them managed to bring one of my sims back home from work a half-hour early, then she stood there and kept jumping no matter what I tried to get her to do. It went away after I turned on TestingCheatsEnabled to see what was wrong (of course). I hope this isn't something irreparable, they're one of my favorite families. ;_; I have no idea what caused it, but it was creepy as heck. Hope it doesn't happen again.
Lab Assistant
#306 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 2:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Avara
The weirdest glitch I've had, is when one of my Sims was holding an infant while it hit its birthday to become a toddler. Her arms all... twisted around in front of her and the baby was horizontal facing the ground attached to the mom's chest by its butt. XD I was like, "WTF?" It was hilarious looking though, if it happens again I'll take a screenshot of it. :P

I had a similar thing but with a toddler when she was aging up to a child. For some reason the adult sim didn't put her on the floor, so when the transformation happened the (now) child was stuck to his chest which was a bit alarming Fortunately, the adult then had to go off to work and when he changed into his work clothes they were separated.

I've also had a couple of sims who keep on swimming after leaving the pool, that does look really funny
Scholar
#307 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Theaphelia
Last night, I had a long series of jump bugs that freaked me out. One of them managed to bring one of my sims back home from work a half-hour early, then she stood there and kept jumping no matter what I tried to get her to do. It went away after I turned on TestingCheatsEnabled to see what was wrong (of course). I hope this isn't something irreparable, they're one of my favorite families. ;_; I have no idea what caused it, but it was creepy as heck. Hope it doesn't happen again.

Did you put in any new hacks last night or do anything that required the use of a previously-unused hack? I had a similar problem in my own game a while back when I put in a hack that unlocked the low-level flirt options, and the main Subject lot became jump bug jamboree as a result. I exited without saving, removed the hack, and everything was good on reload.

I also had a weird jump buggish glitch back when Uncanny aged into a teen: once she got off of the bus after school, then kid-aged Verity would appear by the door to the house. It was playing havoc with Verity's grades (and causing interesting warnings from the social worker), so I had to age Verity into a teen in order to get it to stop.

Hopefully it's just hack-related instead of some character-file goofiness.
Field Researcher
#308 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 4:29 PM
From time to time a Sim will "Jump" to another location on the lot (Sometimes to places they can't get out of, like in to a room with no doors (Yet).

The other day one went to the fridge on the first floor, and jumped to the new sun room on the second floor. There was no door, yet, so I had to add one so she could get out.

It's your life, live it your way!
Want to see what else I make, go to www.rlm-soft.com and check it out.
Find out what's happening with Sim Tracker
---
Test Subject
#309 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aegagropilon
Did you put in any new hacks last night or do anything that required the use of a previously-unused hack? I had a similar problem in my own game a while back when I put in a hack that unlocked the low-level flirt options, and the main Subject lot became jump bug jamboree as a result. I exited without saving, removed the hack, and everything was good on reload.

I also had a weird jump buggish glitch back when Uncanny aged into a teen: once she got off of the bus after school, then kid-aged Verity would appear by the door to the house. It was playing havoc with Verity's grades (and causing interesting warnings from the social worker), so I had to age Verity into a teen in order to get it to stop.

Hopefully it's just hack-related instead of some character-file goofiness.

It wasn't hack related, it actually turned out to be related to how I placed the child's bed in the room - I placed it at an angle against a diagonal wall and apparently the game didn't like that, because every time her father went to go read her to sleep he jumped. I moved the bed and the jumping stopped, so yay!
Lab Assistant
#310 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 5:49 PM
A tree in my Sim's yard caught fire two days ago. The fire may have been set by her jealous ex, Tybalt Capp, who hangs around day & night. Even after several rainstorms, the tree is still burning, so I had her call the fire department. It didn't help.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#311 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lizard49
A tree in my Sim's yard caught fire two days ago. The fire may have been set by her jealous ex, Tybalt Capp, who hangs around day & night. Even after several rainstorms, the tree is still burning, so I had her call the fire department. It didn't help.

i get that glitch with a tree that came with BV
Field Researcher
#312 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 7:26 PM

The FSS Lot Debugger has an option to Nuke (Or Fix .. can't recall which) stuck sFX (Special Effects) you might try that.

---
Lab Assistant
#313 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RebaLynnTS
The FSS Lot Debugger has an option to Nuke (Or Fix .. can't recall which) stuck sFX (Special Effects) you might try that.

Thank you RebaLynn! The Nuke option took care of the problem. Guess I can't blame it on Tybalt after all
Mad Poster
#314 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 8:47 PM
Thank you RebaLynn! The Nuke option took care of the problem. Guess I can't blame it on Tybalt after all

Lol, you can blame his grouchy ass for a lot of things, but apparently not that.

The way I found out that my integrated graphics chip couldn't handle Sims 2 was the ground on the neighborhood turning blue and/or white with weird textures and the ground on individual lots was changing to all sorts of interesting textures instead of being ground.
Lab Assistant
#315 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 12:43 AM
I get that too, except it's usually hair texture. It's like having the yard carpeted with toupees.
Field Researcher
#316 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 1:44 AM

Glad it helped.

---
Test Subject
#317 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 2:06 AM
The glitch that surprised me when I first saw it (but have learnt to live with) is kind of like a sim-erase point. I'm not sure how to title it. But whenever a sim is in a specific place on the screen (And there is a multitude of these places) they kind of disappear. Like their torso is missing and when they move, they're back again.

It's like a sim blind spot >.< And also, some of the screen flashes a light blue.
Alchemist
#318 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 2:10 AM
For some reason my toddlers started aging into these creepy ultra skinny children. It was as if the only thing the game did to age the Sim up was stretch the toddler body until it was as tall as a child.

Lab Assistant
#319 Old 21st Dec 2011 at 7:07 PM
Lol! Sometimes I wonder how the plumbbob (sims nerd alert xD) they fit all these grand pianos into their pocket (inventory) When sometimes it won't let me put homework into the child inventories!

the token lesbian
(currently wishing it was 2011 again)
please ignore my cringy username. just call me jorgel.
Banned
#320 Old 21st Dec 2011 at 9:03 PM
My Sim throws the cat at her husband.

He throws the baby at her.
Test Subject
#321 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 8:54 AM
Biggest glitch was this sleeping problem. It was in the alien vista, Strangetown. My Sims would go to sleep and never wake up. No matter what I did, no matter what was happening around them. Their needs moved slowly so they died really slowly... I even had another person set the house on fire, no go lol
I think my game was boolprop corrupted. I stopped playing it for about a half year, when I came back the problem was gone like it had never been!
Mad Poster
#322 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 10:16 AM
I once had an idiot sim who lived in a trailer with his daughter run outside to see that the GARDEN LIGHT was on fire. It wasn't raining or anything. It proceeded to catch everything in the yard (patio set, tree, BBQ, him) on fire and KILL MERCILESSLY.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Field Researcher
#323 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by endcatsims2
Biggest glitch was this sleeping problem. It was in the alien vista, Strangetown. My Sims would go to sleep and never wake up. No matter what I did, no matter what was happening around them. Their needs moved slowly so they died really slowly... I even had another person set the house on fire, no go lol
I think my game was boolprop corrupted. I stopped playing it for about a half year, when I came back the problem was gone like it had never been!

This one is common enough.

Moving the family out of the lot from the neighborhood screen is one way.

Another is "move_objects on" command.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Moveobjects
Test Subject
#324 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 5:16 PM
The biggest (not even really big though) glitch/issue I had was this one time I was playing Veronaville like a madman.
It was all fun and games. I had played the Monty's quite a lot, so I decided to play with the Capps, to keep the progression right, with rotating households every few days and whatnot.
I switched to the Capp family. Loading...
I get to the house, and all the sims are either invisible or completely black with white blocks where their eyes should be. I exited without saving and reloaded. I tried loading the Capp house again, but my game crashed. I was like 12 at the time, so it freaked me out pretty bad.
Lab Assistant
#325 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by endcatsims2

That's REALLY creepy!

I don't know if this is just my graphics card being weird, but my sims have always dialed numbers on the phone with their knuckles.
Page 13 of 25