Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#526 Old 17th Dec 2013 at 9:20 PM
I had an issue with spontanous self-combustion a couple of weeks ago. At first I was actually happy that such a rare incident happened in my game... but then it wasn´t rare anymore. The sims in my oldest greek house constantly caught fire or were overheated, even if I told them just to just stand still outside wearing swimwear and it was snowing.
Then I found that there was a problem with the clock. One minute sim-time took 10 times the time it took in the other households. I had the sims move out and destroyed their old lot. Fortunately the glitch didn´t travel with the sims to their new lot.

@wickedjr89
I always thought that bills only get delivered to dorms if the inhabitants had added new furniture. Basically staying in a dormitory seems to be rent-free, but if you upgrade you must pay a percentage as sort of a luxury tax. At least that´s my experience. If I just re-arrange objects no bills come in, but if my sims recieve gifts for sucessful outings or add to the furniture the next day a bill arrives. (I do not use hacks that manipulate semester-time).
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#527 Old 18th Dec 2013 at 3:06 AM
The first household I play in Uni, and I never add anything to the dorms as they come with everything needed, always has bills the whole time but then the second household and so on never get any bills. It's always been this way for me too. In fact this time the second and third households for once I did add something, and still no bills came.

Glad your spontaneous self-combustion glitch didn't travel with them!

My Simblr
He/They
Test Subject
#528 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 5:00 AM
One that just happened to me actually:

I had just entered the Cortelli household and I sent their teen daughter Charlotte to 'Go Somewhere' in her new car. We left the lot and ended up at the church in the neighborhood and happened to run into one of my other teen sims, Wren. I had Wren and Charlotte start chatting and flirting or whatever while his mother played loudly on the organ and then as their relationship went up and seeing they had some chemistry I had her ask him on a date, They left that lot and wet to Red's downtown and had a okay date, not a dream date or anything but passible. Wren gave the 'You're nice to spend time with' message once the timer had run out and I had Charlotte head home.

But she never got home. The home lot loaded and you could hear the car sound file but she never showed up. In her queue it still had the action 'Go Somewhere.' I speed up time hoping she'd show up once it got late but at 12am to 1 to 2 she never showed up. Then I thought the game might forcefully bring her back to get on the bus but it didn't and that afternoon she didn't get off either. I got the message that said she had been dropped a letter grade for missing school.

At this point her motives were all red. I exited without saving, but it doesn't do any good since the game automatically saves when you leave the lot. So the household is pretty much stuck with her being gone. When I move her and the other girls into college, I''ll see if she shows up then...
Field Researcher
#529 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 8:38 AM
Or if you don't mind having to redecorate, you may move the family out off the house and then back in. Anyway, I hope she'll return safely
Mad Poster
#530 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 8:54 PM
ChasingButterflies, do you have the batbox? That has a retrieve missing sim option on it. I'd try that before moving her out. I'd also try (with testing cheats turned off!) the options to force errors. I've had luck using those options before to get sims missing back--the retrieve missing worked for me with a college student who didn't return from class, and the forcing errors worked for a sim stuck at work in her own car (but do turn the testing cheats off, or you will be clicking reset eighty-billion times).
Get it here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s.../topic,7.0.html
Find your latest expansion, then click on the hacks directory, then find the ffsdebugger file to download. You'll find it in your misc-->misc section, a black box with a batman symbol on it--hence the nickname batbox.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Test Subject
#531 Old 25th Dec 2013 at 1:03 AM
Okie Doke...I'll give both options a try and we'll see!
Lab Assistant
#532 Old 2nd Jan 2014 at 12:03 AM
My lots occasionally get glitches where the terrain turns into random texture but then goes back to normal
Link Ninja
#533 Old 2nd Jan 2014 at 12:59 AM
There was an immaculate simception glitch that startled me long ago. I had to get rid of a baby-turned-toddler because it was still acting like a baby and this was before I knew of any mods or hacks or custom content in general. Well I got rid of him by moving in a CAS sim and then moving the normal family members out, leaving glitchy-toddler and dummy-CAS-Sim and deleted the house with them on it. (bad move, but it was a thing I did as a 'sims noob') I moved that family into a new home and the mother immediately twirled around and became pregnant without being told to try for baby and then immediately went into labor, skipping the three day pregnancy. The baby ended up not having any problems.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Top Secret Researcher
#534 Old 2nd Jan 2014 at 1:27 AM
Once when I was filming a Sims series, a tree on the lot was working caught free and never went out. I tried many things to get rid of it and now I cannot remember how I got rid of it, in the end it just became the eternal burning tree of my game. It symbolic of the current....state of the game at times and at times the series in general.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Instructor
#535 Old 3rd Jan 2014 at 4:59 PM
Heather Huffington moved into an apartment and her neighbors came to greet her, including recent townie turned playable Lyndsey Louie. Then Lyndsey showed up again. And again. I freaked and exited without saving when the 4th one showed up. I tried moving Heather into the apartment again, but no luck.
Mad Poster
#536 Old 3rd Jan 2014 at 5:25 PM
Conversesneaker, get the batbox I linked to in #533 in this thread, and use it to remove the apartment tokens. (It's under the fix menu, I can't remember the exact heading, but you'll recognize it when you see it.) The game does something to let the apartment neighbors get treated like townies when they aren't actively being played and sometimes, as it just did for you, it goes wrong.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Alchemist
#537 Old 3rd Jan 2014 at 8:05 PM
My sim had been on a vacation and the taxi never showed up to take him home, he waited for about two days and it never showed up.
Eventually he died.
Field Researcher
#538 Old 3rd Jan 2014 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
My sim had been on a vacation and the taxi never showed up to take him home, he waited for about two days and it never showed up.
Eventually he died.

Oh my
Instructor
#539 Old 3rd Jan 2014 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
Conversesneaker, get the batbox I linked to in #533 in this thread, and use it to remove the apartment tokens. (It's under the fix menu, I can't remember the exact heading, but you'll recognize it when you see it.) The game does something to let the apartment neighbors get treated like townies when they aren't actively being played and sometimes, as it just did for you, it goes wrong.

Thanks Sunbee. I ended up moving Heather into a house and the problem hasn't re-occurred since. If it does pop back up, I'll try the batbox
Instructor
#540 Old 4th Jan 2014 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Artimis
Once when I was filming a Sims series, a tree on the lot was working caught free and never went out. I tried many things to get rid of it and now I cannot remember how I got rid of it, in the end it just became the eternal burning tree of my game. It symbolic of the current....state of the game at times and at times the series in general.

This happens for only one specific tree in my game, the Breadfruit Tree. Eventually it does get "put out" in the sense that the game doesn't recognize a fire on the lot (build, buy, and save buttons are enabled). But the only way I can get rid of the fire is to delete the tree and buy a new one.
Mad Poster
#541 Old 4th Jan 2014 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ttowntallyho
This happens for only one specific tree in my game, the Breadfruit Tree. Eventually it does get "put out" in the sense that the game doesn't recognize a fire on the lot (build, buy, and save buttons are enabled). But the only way I can get rid of the fire is to delete the tree and buy a new one.

Glad to see I was not the only one with the eternal flaming breadfruit tree. I was concerned I downloaded some nasty CC or something!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Theorist
#542 Old 4th Jan 2014 at 2:10 AM
The ever-burning breadfruit trees are a known glitch. There's nothing that can make those fires go out, but Cyjon has a fix here that can stop them catching on fire in the first place. You can delete the burning tree with moveobjects, but its replacement might catch on fire again.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Test Subject
#543 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 1:45 AM
I've experienced invisible sims in beds, too, but the scariest glitch I've ever seen was when one of my sims, I think it was the father, served a group meal and placed the serving plate on the floor. Then the next thing I knew, the nanny wasn't holding the baby anymore, and the baby was lying on top of the serving plate. Then the family's pet cat, who probably was starving because she wasn't fed yet, started eating from the plate on the floor, but since the baby was lying on the serving plate, it looked like the cat was eating the baby. The cat was eating the baby...on a plate! I was so freaked out I immediately made the mom cancel whatever she was doing and get the baby fast. I wasn't able to take snapshots. I wanted to forget about that, anyway, until I saw this thread.

On the brighter side, there was this really funny event that happened when one of my sims decided to take a dip in the pool. When he came out, there were so many bubbles coming out of his behind, and whatever he did - I made him take a shower, change his clothes, sleep - the bubbles wouldn't go away. He looked so funny I couldn't stop laughing. And he was the wealthiest sim I've ever played. Business tycoon, with bubbles.
Field Researcher
#544 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 3:43 PM
I'm thankful that in my current hood, which has been going strong for about a year and a half now of heavy play, I've had nothing but minor problems that are easily fixed with Batbox, etc. Huzzah!
Test Subject
#545 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fayreview
I was quite scared when my pleasantview kept churning up dead sims...... at one point i had three versions of Michael Bachelor running around a single lot and repeated error message that there was no data for Betty Newbie... i had to reinstall after that incidense but all the dead sims quite spooked me...

Probably what the idea was when Alexander Goth published "murder in Pleasantview"
Mad Poster
#546 Old 15th Jan 2014 at 7:06 PM
Well, my weirdest glitch is when my sims' bodies all of a sudden turn flashing red and they walk around with it in a stuck 't' position. Of course, whenever that happens, ita sign that my game will crash, any time soon!
Mad Poster
#547 Old 15th Jan 2014 at 10:04 PM
Re burning trees: I've had lots of lightning hit the big pine trees, but one problem keeps happening so often I've removed them from all lots. It only happens on lots where there is a fire alarm outside; the alarm goes off, firemen show up, leave, come back. I can't find the fire. Then it happened without buy/build being disabled; I would move the trees around and would find a small fire, and delete it with "move objects". But NOW I can never find the fire; firemen show up, leave, alarm goes off again - waking everyone up. Worse than a mean ghost!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Scholar
#548 Old 16th Jan 2014 at 1:48 AM
I get glitches all the time; custom jewelry going flashy, faces going data-y, the ground going black or displaying a weird color scheme. The worse was a few months back when the land of every neighborhood I had been white with red and blue lines all over, forcing me to uninstall like 5 times to fix it
Field Researcher
#549 Old 16th Jan 2014 at 9:55 AM
I recently had something odd. The game appeared to have loaded incorrectly. Words were missing in the neighborhood menu, and some words were in English, while my game is in Dutch. I went to a university hood and loaded a house. The names of the mood bars were gone. No hunger, comfort, etc. Only the bars themselves, without the description. Looking at the majors of the students, the description had suddenly switched to English as well. I quickly exited and restarted the game, and everything was back to normal. For a while I feared my game had gone insane!
Mad Poster
#550 Old 16th Jan 2014 at 2:05 PM
That sounds like an inadequate graphics card, milord. In which case, uninstalling and reinstalling didn't fix a thing; you just hit a period when the computer randomly felt less strained (probably due to being cooler). If this is the case, you're damaging your computer by playing and need to get thee to the technical section to figure out your best course of action.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Page 22 of 25