Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
The ModFather
retired moderator
#201 Old 30th Sep 2006 at 7:16 PM
Ah! Sorry, I've misunderstood -
Once you have completed this tutorial, open the package of your new table and replace the texture with another one.

Read about replacing textures in this tutorial (read the Step 3).

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#202 Old 30th Sep 2006 at 8:03 PM
I don't get the option texture image in the recource tree, and I think it's not the way I want to do it because if I do it like that tutorial I can't stipulate( ) the places for my colors.

I thougt I had to made a texture in a program (in most tutorials they use photoshop pro I thougt but I want to get a free one(and which I can use the best???). And then you had to import that texture as an UV's or something like that in UV mapper and than I could stipulate my colors in UV mapper on the right places.
Test Subject
#203 Old 4th Oct 2006 at 5:47 PM
great totorial !
but !, (why does there always have to be a but !?) when i start the SimPE and go to tools, and then object creation, and objects workshop, there arent any opsions for me ? :S
how can that be?

(sorry about it if there are any spelling mistakes or anything i wrote wrong, im dane (: )
The ModFather
retired moderator
#204 Old 4th Oct 2006 at 7:22 PM
Lineeeeh, be aware that in the Tool menu there are *two* Object Workshop: the normal one (keyboard shortcut CTRL+W) and the "windowed" one, that is obsolete and should not be used.

If you *have* selected the right one, and you don't see any option, be sure that the drop-down menu on the top showd "clone" and not "recolour".

If these suggestions don't work, please post a screenshot.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Inventor
Original Poster
#205 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 9:59 PM
Oliver, you can install SimPE to wherever you want.
Test Subject
#206 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 4:22 PM
ohh dident realise dat lol...ty
Test Subject
#207 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 4:12 PM
My wings 3D imports the tabel sideways. Why does that happen?.

ColemanSystems Expansion Package coming soon!
(ETA 14th November 2007)
Part-time Hermit
#208 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 4:37 PM
If the Order in your GMDC tab (on the same page where the Export button is) is set to XYZ, try changing it to XZY and then export again.
Lab Assistant
#209 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 9:44 PM
Can you please make that tutorial to make clothes in wings 3d? Please Please im working on Unofficial stuff pack and need some new clothes to finish!

Sims 2 Modder.....In Training!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#210 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 11:33 PM
Clothes can't be done in Wings, because Wings doesn't manage the joints (required for the clothings to work in game). The only option that I know of, is Milkshape and its built-in "Unimesh" plugin.

Lab Assistant
#211 Old 12th Oct 2006 at 8:57 PM
Default See here!
Quote: Originally posted by mod_bv
UPDATE: Everyone has been asking, and the time has come. I will next be working on a new mesh clothing tutorial for Wings 3D, which will be followed by a Wings 3D hair tutorial.

I thought i heard people use vertice mapper to do it! Maybe not?

Sims 2 Modder.....In Training!
Test Subject
#212 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 12:54 PM
Right, I've done everything up to step 19 correctly (I hope...), but there's nothing in the bottom window of SimPE when I try to move on. That shouldn't be! Should it?

No Gabriel, No Hackett, NO GENESIS!
Test Subject
#213 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 4:41 AM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 31st Oct 2006 at 2:19 PM. Reason: edited to combine posts, please, don't post multiple times in a row, use the Edit button
ok i on't undrrstand downlaoding the wings 3d I'm soooo sorry if i'm anoyying!By asking this QS kk

nvm got it!

ummm trouble with #7!Whats an end table folder?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#214 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 8:07 AM
It's the work forder where you are going to save your new end table (the actual package will be saved there in step #11).

I think that Mod_BV has swapped the two phases (cloning the object and creating the mesh), and forgot to edit the step #7.

Test Subject
#215 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 2:56 PM
ok so just save wherever kk i get it thankies
Test Subject
#216 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 3:05 PM Last edited by sims2! : 1st Nov 2006 at 3:51 AM.
whats SimPE i know i am not soo smart at computers!
But i would like it very much to know.well i prob know but just call it by s full name sooo if someone could tell me i would love that!
Instructor
#217 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 3:28 PM Last edited by Khaibit : 31st Oct 2006 at 3:33 PM.
First of all: at the bottom right side if your postings there is an "Edit" button - next to "Quote" - so you don't have to fill threads with posts only on your own
Edit: imagine, they even added a "Delete" button to get rid of double postings... they must have been in a generous mood when adding buttons... :D

I guess you shoud start here, a useful link collection... SimPE is the program you need to prepare your packages, it is able to read the file structure of Maxis' Sims2 file formats. Take a look at the FAQ and the forum on the SimPE site for further info.

Yes, I am serious though I'm not serious at all. I'm serious about this!
Even the joker can be deadly serious...
Wichtig ist, was hinten raus kommt!
Entscheidend daran ist, wie?
Test Subject
#218 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 6:08 PM
Default Help With Tut????? (PLEASE HELP)
I would first off like to say thank u for this tut and to everyone involved in the process. BUT, (sorry theres a BUT) I have some major problems. PART 2 is suppose to be easier but its confusing. I have no idea what I have done wrong. I think I am a very capable person and able to follow simple instructions but not with this. When I get to Step23 and when told to import mesh file using wings 3d my screen shows different than yours. Your Screen shot only shows (material2 and materials) in the Geometry Graph. But on my screen I have (materials, cube1, cube1) I know that I i then supposed to rename cube1 to say materials 2.....But I have another Cube1, do I suppose to have this? Do I delete it or leave It? My brother says to delete it but even then the object doesn't show in game, (atleast with mine i just had an oversize cube) Can you or Anyone else help Me? Maybe a need a TUT 4 DUMMIES
Lab Assistant
#219 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 8:47 PM
Hi I've got a problem I made an ceiling lamp but when I watn to import it it says that there's a problem with parshing the file How can I solve this

Thanx Tim
The ModFather
retired moderator
#220 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 10:24 PM
KeeKee - The "cube1" should have been remaned to "materials" in step 15. Probably you have selected by mistake the menu "Duplicate" instead of "Rename", and therefore you now have two meshes "cube1" instead of one mesh named "materials".

TimSimser - The "parsing problem" usually happens if you try to import in SimPE an OBJ file created by Wings. You must load the OBJ in UVmapper, save it and then load it in SimPE.

Lab Assistant
#221 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 1:23 PM
well I have done that
The ModFather
retired moderator
#222 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 2:49 PM
Timsimser, please zip the OBJ file that gives error and post it here, please; I will take a look.

But before doing that, please open the OBJ file with the Notepad (it's a text file) and read the first line: it should be: "# file generated by UVMapper"

Lab Assistant
#223 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 6:38 PM
I'm verry sorry but what's the notepad

I'v post the object here so you can look at it despite i haven't opened it in the notepad
Test Subject
#224 Old 11th Nov 2006 at 2:15 PM
Woah! It seems really complicated but I'll give it a try becuase I don't think i'll mess up my game because I have got your Tutorial to guide me.

Thanks for sharing.

-Merzitar-
Test Subject
#225 Old 11th Nov 2006 at 6:54 PM
I cant download uvmapper i cant upon the site... please help
Page 9 of 18