Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#126 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 2:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fatalpapercut67
I tried to save my recolored dress and it told me that my projects should be exported before it can be saved as BMP because it can't handle the transparency - Flatten Image.

HELP! What should I do?

Click export. It will export them to bmp to save, but you'll still have your layers to work on in the Gimp.

I would reccomend that you also save a copy of your working file periodically to your desktop or another folder as an .xcf file which will save your layers. That way if there is a crash or a freeze (which always happens to me when I don't save this way) you will still have all of your work.

"I'm afraid I'm not personally qualified to confuse cats, but I can recommend an extremely good service".
-Monty Python's Flying Circus
Advertisement
Test Subject
#127 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 5:25 PM
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! I have wanted to know how to do this sort of thing for a loooong time! Your instructions were so easy to follow and I plan to change ALOT of outfits!
Test Subject
#128 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 10:38 AM
Okay, so I'm having that exact same problem, except, when I click export, and then refresh the body shop, the dress stays exactly the same...I can't get it to change. Anyone know how to fix this?
Test Subject
#129 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 8:35 AM
In your picture of the file, there are four documents, but in mine there are only three. Any reason why?
Test Subject
#130 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 8:38 AM
Whats a gimp? im new to this and dont know much, and im really confused. There were only 3 folders in my file, and there are 4 in yours, am i doing something wrong? Also, what do you open the gimp with? aaah! please explain! im lost!
Lab Assistant
#131 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 11:39 AM
You Quetion Answered......
GIMP is a Simple Graphics Editor which I use to create my Custom Meshes and Clothing Recolors it is available at www.gimp.com

you should Read all the Gimp tutorials so that you're sure you can be Doing it Right in the Bodyshop section Found at the Create Section click on Clothes and scroll to 1 of these GIMP tutorials and Read them Carefully

careful! don't mess up things like Editing 1 of your snapshots
Test Subject
#132 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 5:32 PM
Default Can´t find!
I just can´t find the "matbase"-file thing, were is it? I´ve looked in "Files-open" and went to "IWCS-Gimp" but then, all I got was a lot of maps called "brushes" and so on. What do I do wrong?
Test Subject
#133 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 5:37 PM
Never mind, I´ve found it!
Test Subject
#134 Old 10th Jul 2007 at 3:57 PM
Bodyshop
Ok well, I have installed the Gimp tool. When I click on bodyshop, it just says Sims2 Bodyshop has encountered a problem and needs to close. Sorry for the inconvenience. Help! Whats wrong???
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#135 Old 10th Jul 2007 at 11:27 PM
bvkerbear - please look in the GAME HELP area for info about how to figure out what's wrong with your game/bodyshop. There's articles there about bodyshop not working.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Field Researcher
#136 Old 23rd Jul 2007 at 4:30 AM
Woo hoo! I have succeeded! Thanks for the great tutorial! It was easy to understand, so even I could do it =)
Test Subject
#137 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 12:27 AM Last edited by EmoRocker : 27th Jul 2007 at 12:43 AM.
But if you use the Bodyshop, It will apear a Package in SavedSims, not a zip or Rar. And I can't upload my recolours here on MTS2. Is there a way to make a Package a zip or a rar so I can upload my recolours here on MTS2???
I really want to upload my recolours here in MTS2.

as you can see i hate rap with a passion.
Test Subject
#138 Old 29th Jul 2007 at 4:41 PM
thanks this was so easy to follow and everything went well so kool = )
Test Subject
#139 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 9:24 PM
It didn't go all red on mine, but when I filled it with the fill bucket it turned red...I'm quite confused there...

I like bananas because they have no bone
Test Subject
#140 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 11:11 PM
I DID IT!!! OMG, I figured out what i was doing wrong. I made a blue dress lighter and more appealing. THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!

I like bananas because they have no bone
Test Subject
#141 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 1:35 AM
i had no problem with it at all!thanks alot i was really wondering how people recolor stuff and i know how now thanks a bunch!
Test Subject
#142 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 6:49 PM
Default Using the Gimp file?
Okay, I've selected a name for the file I'd like to recolor from the Sims Body Shop. Then I proceeded to the next step of clicking Open on the Gimp program. When I select the file I've named and saved from the bodyshop, Gimp won't let me open it. It says: Opening ...\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims \Projects\tutorial_dress\body~stdMatBaseTextureName.bmp' failed: Unknown file type

I wasn't sure if someone had already asked the question on the thread; if so- sorry!

Any ideas? c:
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#143 Old 27th Aug 2007 at 5:10 AM
Carmyy - that sure looks like the file. I don't use gimp. One suggestion I'd make - can you put a copy of the file on, say your desktop or into your mydocuments folder, and try that - in case the length of the filename and all the folders or something is making gimp ill?

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Lab Assistant
#144 Old 27th Aug 2007 at 6:11 AM
Carmyy,
I use Gimp all the time, and here's another suggestion for you. Instead of "file -> open-> {filename}" in the Gimp, open your project folder, (myDocuments\ EAGames\ TheSims\ Projects\ tutorial_dress) then RIGHT click on the .bmp file you want to open, and click on open with... > This brings up a dialog box with a list of programs on your computer that you can try opening the file with. Choose the Gimp from that list and click. This will open the Gimp if it isn't already open, and open the bmp you want to edit. I find that Gimp likes this better than opening things from within the program.

“Meddle not in the affairs of the dragon; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.”
-unknown
Test Subject
#145 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 5:40 PM
Default Body shop
On bodyshop. I don't have that dress. I only have one formal dress and one of each outfit, not one of everything on my game.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#146 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 4:36 AM
emey - you cannot use the pre-release downloadable bodyshop. You must use the bodyshop that came with your game (on the machine your game in installed on)

Lab Assistant
#147 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 2:15 PM
yay!i messed up though,i put black on acciedent and it looks weird

i love kingdom hearts!
And Riku says:the dark side does not have cookies!!!So stay on the light side theres loads of 'em!
Test Subject
#148 Old 7th Sep 2007 at 1:09 PM
I need help!!
Hi, I got a question, the tutorial guide is really helpful and everything,
but I can't do it because I have an Apple Mac computer, is there also a way for this computer???
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#149 Old 7th Sep 2007 at 2:37 PM
Cato672 - GIMP is available for the Mac.
http://www.gimp.org/macintosh/
You do need to get gimp, and x11 (read and follow various links - I will say the page documentation is not the most straightforward) but you should be able to get it working, I did.

Bodyshop comes with your game. So once you get GIMP running, you ought to pretty much be able to do this tutorial.

Test Subject
#150 Old 7th Sep 2007 at 2:50 PM
yay!i messed up though,i put black on acciedent and it looks weird
Page 6 of 12