Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[UPDATED 3-5-18] Simulation Lag Fix updated for 1.40

by duderocks Posted 10th Aug 2017 at 11:19 PM - Updated 5th Mar 2018 at 9:15 AM by duderocks : updated for 1.40

329 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 214 Feedback Posts, 114 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 14
Test Subject
#126 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 10:13 PM
do I need Simmy's mod and your mod for this to work?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#127 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 9:59 PM
I loved The Sims 3 so much, but due to freezing and performance issues this game is unplayable for me without any way to fix it. And I love 4 even more, but without this fix the game is unplayable for me as well. I can't thank you enough for updating it!
Test Subject
#128 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 2:10 AM
This seems to be making things worse for me. My biggest issue is with the invention constructor (the example in the post) and it's definitely worse or at least the same with this installed.
Instructor
Original Poster
#129 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kamikazewolf
do I need Simmy's mod and your mod for this to work?

This is meant to replace Simmythesim's mod.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#130 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 7:57 PM
Started playing "The Sims 4" again today. Thanks for taking over this mod!

I didn't notice any serious problems when I did 1.7 earlier (I'll do 1.6 on your advice, though), but I should mention that I also have MCCC, and while I haven't messed with the game time with it, I did decide to halve the number of Sims on a lot (to 10 from the default of 20) with it, so maybe that helped?
Instructor
Original Poster
#131 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 5:13 AM
UPDATE 11-1-2017: Did a few more tweaks to tone down some of the time lag. Please redownload v1.8.
Forum Resident
#132 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 7:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by duderocks
UPDATE 11-1-2017: Did a few more tweaks to tone down some of the time lag. Please redownload v1.8.

A big thank you for your seriousness and your work, I will test that. I liked to say thank you first, you deserve our gratitude
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#133 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 2:58 AM
Thank you SO much for keeping this updated. This mod along with MC Command center would make my game unplayable
Test Subject
#134 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 5:24 PM
The new version is even WORSE at the science lab. I can't fill a single bar of the progress bar, my sim is going to lose his job. :\
Test Subject
#135 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 6:59 PM
I got too happy too early. It was alright for the first several hours, but after playing for a few days the game starts to lag again. Although it's not as bad as before, it's still not playable. I'll try out the new version right away! Big thanks for keeping working on this.
Test Subject
#136 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 8:00 PM
I may be reporting this too early but 1.8 seemed to have helped a lot! Previously on 1.6 even without abusing fast or ultra time speed my sim would stand around for hours unable to do anything, but now I just stress tested it full 24 hours in a neighborhood where it happened a lot and my sim didn't get stuck! I made him punch a bag (he pulled some muscles by the way lol) and sometimes he wouldn't punch it for a long time, but just reverting to normal speed fixed it right away. So even though it's not perfect the game seems to be playable for me again. I'll play test some more tomorrow and report back if it's still working.
Lab Assistant
#137 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 8:18 AM
Can't speak for anyone else but in my game v1.8 has Sims standing still for an extended amount of time. Also it takes a while for an interaction to appear in the queue after I select it. Didn't have these issues in the previous version.
Test Subject
#138 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 11:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gigihuxtable
Can't speak for anyone else but in my game v1.8 has Sims standing still for an extended amount of time. Also it takes a while for an interaction to appear in the queue after I select it. Didn't have these issues in the previous version.

Yes, after some more testing it happens to me too. But for me even on 1.6 the lag still happens making the game unplayable for me.
Lab Assistant
#139 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 11:23 AM Last edited by fewlines : 4th Nov 2017 at 6:08 AM.
same here. they do snap out of "default mode" a bit faster, if i'm not mistaken, though. (edit: however, they reset more often.)
Test Subject
#140 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 4:24 PM
With the recent update I've noticed that game time works more smoothly when fast forwarding. However, I've noticed my sims to become stuck in what I call stiff mode more often than not. But again thanks for your dedication
Lab Assistant
#141 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by missmani09
With the recent update I've noticed that game time works more smoothly when fast forwarding. However, I've noticed my sims to become stuck in what I call stiff mode more often than not. But again thanks for your dedication

further testing: i did notice a few more instances of "stiff mode" than i'd originally seen yesterday with a few more true "resets" (as in, arms suddenly to the sides, especially when sitting to order and have drinks) in-between. tested with and without other mods.
Test Subject
#142 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 1:09 AM
Version 1.8 made the lag even worse compared to 1.7.
Test Subject
#143 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 7:12 AM
After hours of play, I decided to take out v1.8 and reinstall v1.6 due to the constant catatonic sims. I know there is going to be a patch this Tuesday that will surely break this mod anyway, so I will check back later to see what you have concocted.
Lab Assistant
#144 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missmani09
After hours of play, I decided to take out v1.8 and reinstall v1.6 due to the constant catatonic sims. I know there is going to be a patch this Tuesday that will surely break this mod anyway, so I will check back later to see what you have concocted.

Yea I did the exact same, replaced v1.8 with v1.6. Much better performance.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#145 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 12:53 AM
I'm wondering: does anyone know if this works with the November 7th patch?
Instructor
Original Poster
#146 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 1:16 AM
Hey y'all: apparently EA fixed the time rolling back in the November patch. Currently downloading the update now and will test out WITHOUT the fix first.
Field Researcher
#147 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 6:07 AM
Hey y'all: apparently EA fixed the time rolling back in the November patch. Currently downloading the update now and will test out WITHOUT the fix first.

didn't they just fix the clock skipping backwards, though? Do sims still just stand there doing nothing??
Instructor
Original Poster
#148 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 6:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DreamaDove
didn't they just fix the clock skipping backwards, though? Do sims still just stand there doing nothing??

Possible. I'll first check if changing the XML tuning for the time slice variable (without the ts4script) will fix the simulation lag first before making any changes to the script.
Lab Assistant
#149 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 4:54 PM
Possible. I'll first check if changing the XML tuning for the time slice variable (without the ts4script) will fix the simulation lag first before making any changes to the script.

thank you for the update!
Forum Resident
#150 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 5:48 PM
I'm gonna wait on patching for now, but thanks for updating this! (Also, I hope they did indeed fix that issue with the clock rolling back from x3 to x1 speed...that's so annoying! )
Page 6 of 14