Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"The Old Tree Swing"

by Targa Posted 9th Oct 2005 at 9:38 PM - Updated 17th Nov 2008 at 12:08 PM by -Maylin-

129 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 127 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 6
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 9:48 PM
I love this! Thanks
Test Subject
#3 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 9:51 PM
cute !!!!!!!!!!
Instructor
#4 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 9:56 PM
The old swing-set is really boring, But this is fantastic (and reminds me of my childhood, thanks!)
Instructor
#5 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 9:58 PM
Maybe if you use the Move_object on cheat you can hide a thin coloum in the tree,this will stop the Simmies from walking through it(?)

"S"
V^^^^^V

" Enjoy LIFE, 'cause DEATH is just around the CORONER ! ©"
Test Subject
#6 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 10:03 PM
lovely! ^^

Enter in my artistic World and don't forget to KAWAII-IT
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 10:06 PM
Most excellent, I requested this a long time ago because I couldnt figure out how to do it or get it to work right! (crash and burn everytime, I had been trying to use the cryprus tree because I wanted it to blend in) I still hope eventually there will be a way to have this AND the orginal swing set, as the orginal set is good for parks but I love this for the 'backyard"!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 10:09 PM
aww i love this! if i was downloading objects id get this im my game so quickly. lovely work :D
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#9 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 10:26 PM
This is gorgeous, whats your poly count?

For all of my creations and more free downloads please visit Exnem Sims
Grand Re-Opening NOW!!!
Come join our Banner Contest Today!!
Scholar
#10 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 10:35 PM Last edited by anelca : 9th Oct 2005 at 10:52 PM.
i was wondering about poly count too as i am a bit fussy there. never mind i'll d/load and check with SimPE edit:
if i've understood it correctly its 390 polys & 740 vertices, but please correct me if i'm wrong

on that basis though, it goes in my game :D
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 11:06 PM
looks fantastic ye reminds me when i was 7 lol and climbing trees and stuff, the mesh looks ace
Test Subject
#12 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 11:30 PM
This looks really good. Too bad that it replaces the original swing. I'd rather not have it replace the original. Looks awesome!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 11:46 PM
Very cool! I hated the original swing. This one looks great! :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LyricLee
This is gorgeous, whats your poly count?

Very low. This is Maxis' willow tree with the leaves ripped off. The crate, steps, and treefort are all plain cubes. The swing part is untouched from the original. Anelca's assessment of 390 polygons sounds right to me.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#15 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 12:25 AM
You need to be posting the exact poly count of all new meshes. just so you know it is in the rules. Ill try it out and thank you.

For all of my creations and more free downloads please visit Exnem Sims
Grand Re-Opening NOW!!!
Come join our Banner Contest Today!!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 12:34 AM
Bad ass!
Cult Leader
#17 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 1:00 AM
Fantastic, absolutely gorgeous. I had a tree like that in my yard when I was a whipper snapper with the wood planks nailed in so I could climb it, only diffence was it was a tyre swing, but it still really takes me back. Thankyou so much, you did a fantastic job.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 1:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LyricLee
You need to be posting the exact poly count of all new meshes. just so you know it is in the rules. Ill try it out and thank you.

You're welcome. And I suppose I should have read the rules before uploading stuff huh? I'll try to remember to get a polycount from now on.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 1:54 AM
Targa, I love this. And normally I don't like new meshes to replace default ones but in this case I'll make an exception. I never used those Maxis swings before but this mesh adds an awesome dimension. Thank you for creating something so cool.

What you keep deep down inside,
You don't know what will be.
Looking for you in darkened corners,
Descend into madness with me.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 1:54 AM
This is awesome!
Field Researcher
#21 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 2:09 AM
Just fantastic, have been looking for something like this for ages now... *applauds*

Just one thing, would you be able to do a tyre swing version? Even if it doesn't 'swing' just as a decorative objects would be awesome enough as that's what I grew up with. Still, this is a step closer and I don't care that it replaces the default; in my opinion every yard deserves a tree swing! Cool!
Manipulator of messy meshes
retired moderator
#22 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 2:12 AM
as there seems some confusion over the polygon count...so here it is

frame = 204 (x 2)
box = 32
tree = 848
rope & swing = 390 (x 4)

which I make 2848 ....

If you need to know the polydon count of an object ...open the package file in SimPE and look inside ALL the GMDCs (Geometric Data Containers).

Most simple objects usually only have one GMDC, but more complex (usually animated in some way) objects have several. This is a very complex object with TWELVE GMDC's ...due to the animation of the swinging seat and rope mesh. The rope and swing for example have 4 seperate GMDC's and each one has 390 polygons...

Having said all this.... the way you have made this object mesh is brilliant..(using Maxis's own meshes is usually the best way to keep polygons down)... and I take my hat off to you!

Even with a ploygon count of 2848 I think it's worth putting in my game because of its beauty and funtionality. Sure, it's not perfect, but then all new ideas have to start somewhere...and I think this is a great idea.
Test Subject
#23 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 2:27 AM
I just tried this with Nightlife, and it works perfectly. If it isn't too much trouble, could you make a tree swing with the leaves on the tree?
Test Subject
#24 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 2:38 AM
eeeek its so cute!

i have to download it, great job!
Field Researcher
#25 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 2:39 AM
I love it! The original swings were soo boring, this will be much better. Thanks!
Page 1 of 6