Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

BodyShop Mechanic [Updated March 14 2009]

by Dr Pixel Posted 9th May 2007 at 12:21 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:11 PM by Nysha

131 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 121 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 6 of 6
Lab Assistant
#126 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 7:08 PM
It says it can't find Sims 2 Body Shop and when I try to change the picture it crashes. Btw, that "setup" at the left is not working, I accidentally ENTERED to the Fun with Pets folder (I guess the thing was only click it right?) and now I can't get back to change the settings ..
Test Subject
#127 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hammyx
It says it can't find Sims 2 Body Shop and when I try to change the picture it crashes. Btw, that "setup" at the left is not working, I accidentally ENTERED to the Fun with Pets folder (I guess the thing was only click it right?) and now I can't get back to change the settings ..

I did the same thing you did with the "setup"art that you did, and the program won't let me go back to fix it. I tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling it, but it kept the same settings! I am beyond frustrated.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#128 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 1:40 AM
Wow, I've never seen this before. Thank you!
Test Subject
#129 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 6:56 AM
Default Fix installation issue/ error finding BodyShop.exe
Quote: Originally posted by Hammyx

I had the same problem and found a fix. This trick will fix the "Can't find BodyShop.exe" and/or the setup setting error in the software. The error occurred when a user selected a wrong folder path after starting the software. You can't just uninstall. Follow these steps to reset to default.

1. Un-installed the software
2. Re-installed the software, but this time rename the installation default folder to something else. This allow the setting to reset. (So instead of BodyShop Mechanic folder, change to BodyShop Mechanic2 or whatever).
3. Start software.
3. Select the right folder path. "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES" This will list all your installed games.
4. If you see a list of all your expansion packs, your on the right path. Select an expansion pack
5. Click Run bodyshop. (keep trying different expansion pack if the body shop does not load.)

**keep in mind this software only allow you to load one pose at a time. You need to close bodyshop every times you load a new pose. The advantage of this software is that it'll list all you poses, and allow background changes. It's does not make poses. You need to download additional poses online and then added it to C:\Users\whatever user name you've created on installing window\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config. The same goes for lighting. you need to add the poses, lighting in order to see more in the drop box.

You can also create your own poses but that's more complicated. Just search for tutorial online.

~Ann
Lab Assistant
#130 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 4:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alsinia
I had the same problem and found a fix. This trick will fix the "Can't find BodyShop.exe" and/or the setup setting error in the software. The error occurred when a user selected a wrong folder path after starting the software. You can't just uninstall. Follow these steps to reset to default.

1. Un-installed the software
2. Re-installed the software, but this time rename the installation default folder to something else. This allow the setting to reset. (So instead of BodyShop Mechanic folder, change to BodyShop Mechanic2 or whatever).
3. Start software.
3. Select the right folder path. "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES" This will list all your installed games.
4. If you see a list of all your expansion packs, your on the right path. Select an expansion pack
5. Click Run bodyshop. (keep trying different expansion pack if the body shop does not load.)

**keep in mind this software only allow you to load one pose at a time. You need to close bodyshop every times you load a new pose. The advantage of this software is that it'll list all you poses, and allow background changes. It's does not make poses. You need to download additional poses online and then added it to C:\Users\whatever user name you've created on installing window\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config. The same goes for lighting. you need to add the poses, lighting in order to see more in the drop box.

You can also create your own poses but that's more complicated. Just search for tutorial online.

~Ann

Thank you for sharing your fix! It worked perfectly for me.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#131 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 3:05 AM
Awesome piece of software, loves it!
Test Subject
#132 Old 6th Mar 2023 at 11:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by uniquitie
This is really helpful!

If you're having trouble getting this to work with The Sims 2: Ultimate Collection, here's what I did:

When you open it up you'll get a popup saying the program can't find your Sims 2 installation folder and you have to direct it manually. Hit OK and navigate to where you installed The Sims 2. I used the default path which is C - Program Files - Origin Games - The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. Make sure you click on the folder Fun With Pets! Hit OK. Another popup will ask you to select the expansion name you see when you start your game. If you did the first part correctly you should see 4 names: EP4, SP1, SP9, and Support. Click on SP9 and hit OK. The program should open up and work just fine! You can adjust whatever and hit Run Bodyshop and enjoy!

You're a lifesaver. Thank you
Page 6 of 6