Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers wanted: toddler, boy and teen ponytail

by melodie9 Posted 9th Oct 2005 at 8:01 PM - Updated 17th Aug 2011 at 4:48 PM by CatOfEvilGenius

37 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 36 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 8:28 PM
woooohoooooooo first. anyhow great hair i luv it. do you know how many smiles are on this site? :dsausage: :dsausage: :swear: :swear: :monkey: :monkey: :baloons: :baloons: :cranky: :cranky: (my faves)
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 8:37 PM
Would it be possible to have this for little girls please? I did see one somewhere but it had very fancy ties in it, and I want a plain one for school if possible.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#4 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 8:46 PM
Thnx You Very Much!!!!! :p
Instructor
#5 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 9:03 PM
Wooohoo!!! Snatching this one too! Melodie, you are making simmie-dreams come true! hehe
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 9:08 PM
OMG, OMG, I've been wating for this double the time.
Scholar
#7 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Would it be possible to have this for little girls please? I did see one somewhere but it had very fancy ties in it, and I want a plain one for school if possible.

Yes, please, make it for little girls, too! I requested this a long time ago from someone else, but they never did it.

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 2:01 PM
I love getting these for all ages, I don't really get why they didn't just fix most of the hairstyles for all ages to begin with! Thanks for this.
Instructor
#9 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 2:10 PM
Thank you!
Test Subject
#10 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 3:09 PM
I have been wishing for this for ages. Can't stand the teen pony with shaved sides. Thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 7:26 PM
I am Lovin This Hair~Thanx So Much For Making it And Sharing :clap:

TickleYu (Teresa)
Instructor
#12 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 2:05 AM
melodie thank you! - I love your hair meshes for toddlers: there was so little choice with the hair Maxis provided, you have really added much-needed variety to my game!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 4:35 AM
Thanks!!
Thanks Melodie9! I am so happy this hair is now all ages! *Does happy dance*. :jig:

If only my life was as fun as my sims...

----------------------------------
Field Researcher
#14 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 3:39 PM
Nice work!

Now my elven boys and teens can have a decent style without having to wait until adulthood for long hair...
Test Subject
#15 Old 22nd Oct 2005 at 8:43 PM
Totally awesome

thank you so much. would itbe possible to make the same style for girls too. there are no really good ponytails for girls. thank you for all the hard work and cool meshs you make I wish i coud do that
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 23rd Oct 2005 at 3:01 AM
-=cries=- hopefully someone will get me University for my Christmas.. I'll just have to subscribe to this thread and wish until then. :sadpanda:
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 30th Oct 2005 at 8:33 PM
HOW TO
make these available for toddler and child girls

This is actually very simple.
  • Open the color packages (not the meshes) in SimPE.
  • On the left, select Property Set
  • On the top-right Select Property Set: puhair
  • Under gender (dtUinteger) = change the value to 0x00000003
  • Remember to press the Commit button after the change.
  • Do the same for Property Set: cmhair
  • DO NOT TOUCH THE OTHER AGE GROUPS.
  • Save.

This will result in the hair showing up for BOTH toddler boys and toddler girls, and BOTH child boys and child girls. It will NOT show up for older females, for whom this mesh would not fit correctly, and who have long ponytails already anyway.

geocities.com/saramkirk
Merge Pleasantview, Strangetown, Veronaville. Keep terrains/deco, houses, relationships!
#18 Old 30th Oct 2005 at 8:37 PM
Thank you Sara!

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 30th Oct 2005 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sages_mommy
-=cries=- hopefully someone will get me University for my Christmas.. I'll just have to subscribe to this thread and wish until then. :sadpanda:

You can download these right now. You do not need the EP in order for the toddler, child and teen hair to show up. You just won't have the older versions, and when your teens grow up into adults they will get the horrible short hairstyle.

geocities.com/saramkirk
Merge Pleasantview, Strangetown, Veronaville. Keep terrains/deco, houses, relationships!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 30th Oct 2005 at 8:45 PM
Thank you Sara!

No problem. It was the first change I made when I downloaded this mesh. It really is great on child girls.

However, just a bit of warning. I have not yet seen what will happen to these girls when they grow up into teens. They might end up bald, with an empty skull, with a bunny head, with random hair, or they might get the teen version of the mesh despite it not being available to females and which has huge gaps in the forehead and neck. :insane:

geocities.com/saramkirk
#21 Old 30th Oct 2005 at 8:52 PM
It's ok, all my homes have emergency mirrors

Lab Assistant
#22 Old 30th Oct 2005 at 8:56 PM
It's ok, all my homes have emergency mirrors

Out of my own curiousity, I just tested it.

Random hair.

geocities.com/saramkirk
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 30th Oct 2005 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by saramkirk
You can download these right now. You do not need the EP in order for the toddler, child and teen hair to show up. You just won't have the older versions, and when your teens grow up into adults they will get the horrible short hairstyle.

I've already downloaded a ponytail for older men, so that's just fine. I'm so happy to find out that these will work! Any chance that the same is true with the boy toddler long hair that I've also been eyeing? -=crosses fingers=-

Children:
Future step-son Jake (7yrs)
Sage (7m)
??? (Due April 15th, 2006)
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 30th Oct 2005 at 9:36 PM Last edited by saramkirk : 30th Oct 2005 at 9:45 PM. Reason: spelling
Quote: Originally posted by sages_mommy
I've already downloaded a ponytail for older men, so that's just fine. I'm so happy to find out that these will work! Any chance that the same is true with the boy toddler long hair that I've also been eyeing? -=crosses fingers=-

Yes, that one will work as well. All of melodie9's hair for all ages will work, if I recall correctly. You just won't have the older versions for those hairstyles that came with Uni. The only bad thing is that because her hair is "in the right colorbin," if you download a lot of hair that doesn't have the older versions because you don't have the EP, you can expect to see a billion townies with the nasty short hairstyle. When hair is in the correct bins, it is available for the game to use in generating townies and NPCs.

In fact, I've been finding that most, if not all, hair marked as "Uni required" because a Uni mesh was used as the base, will actually work just fine. Now, if an object from an EP is used as a base for a new mesh, it won't work. But hair seems to work. It's kind of odd.

Two other good examples of this phenomenon are kavar's Heather and plicka's Super Long Hair For Men. Both use a Uni base, but work fine without Uni.

geocities.com/saramkirk
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 2nd Nov 2005 at 10:10 PM
I love it! I have been waiting for someone to make hair like this for guys so that I could make Henry Garza from the band of Los Lonely Boys.
Page 1 of 2