Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 5:23 AM
Default Mts issues on chrome
Im haveing the same priblem as a guy was having with firefox ina previous thread, only this time on chrome the screen ui is a complete mess, with an all white screen and blue hyperlinks all overlapping each other. Theres a picture in the other thread, my screen looks the exact same. Any help?
Edit: im typing this on my phone, so i dont have any pictures.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 10:48 PM
Default Same
I'm having the exact same issue. It's completely aggravating. I've also tried Modthesims with Internet Explorer and got the same result. What the heck -_- I just want to download mods! I'm also on my phone hoping the Modthesims team can help. I haven't been able to actually browse since February.

Quote: Originally posted by batprechaun
Im haveing the same priblem as a guy was having with firefox ina previous thread, only this time on chrome the screen ui is a complete mess, with an all white screen and blue hyperlinks all overlapping each other. Theres a picture in the other thread, my screen looks the exact same. Any help?
Edit: im typing this on my phone, so i dont have any pictures.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 11:06 PM
@batprechaun @BlueValentine
Could you both please test with your browser add-ons disabled?

@Nysha

Any ideas about these problems?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 11:10 PM
I use Chrome and although once in a blue moon I get the non-css version or whatever it is, most of the time it works perfectly

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#5 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 11:39 PM
I use chrome and have no issues. If you have something like ghostery it can mess with some sites. I run Windows 8.1 if it makes a difference.
Test Subject
#6 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 12:59 AM
Default Same
I just did :/ it looks the same. I was hoping it was that too.

Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@batprechaun @BlueValentine
Could you both please test with your browser add-ons disabled?

@Nysha

Any ideas about these problems?
Test Subject
#7 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 2:50 PM
Default Last Month
Yeah I haven't had any problems with it until last month! I've been on this site for years. It drives me nuts not knowing what's wrong.
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I use Chrome and although once in a blue moon I get the non-css version or whatever it is, most of the time it works perfectly
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 3:04 PM
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#9 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 3:10 PM
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#10 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 3:14 PM
You could try clearing your caches, not sure if it will do much though, but it's worth a shot! ^-^ : https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?hl=en
Test Subject
#11 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 3:30 AM
I'm having the same problem on Firefox--a jumble of text with few working links. At the bottom of the page the style selected is 'bootstrap'. Don't know if that means anything, it's just that I don't remember selecting that. I can't change it. I was lucky to access this thread through the classic.modthesims.info link, after doing a search, but all the images are still missing and I received a warning about javascript not loading. I have checked the permissions for this site and java, cookies, etc are allowed. My browser updated.

Going to try and clear the cache as that is something I overlooked. I hope this isn't another case of being updated off the Internet, because I use XP. :/
Test Subject
#12 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 3:48 AM
Well, I missed a cookie, for classic.modthesims.info. However, I cleared all the cookies under modthesims.info and the site looks the same--white background, blue text jumbled up everywhere--although now I'm not signed in and cannot sign in. Weirdly, I appeared to be signed in at the top of this page even after reloading the browser. So, I will delete this last cookie. But, I don't think that's the problem. Also, I might not be able to sign in again and leave any messages. So, if nothing but silence follows, that's why.
Test Subject
#13 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 3:58 AM
Having the same problem. My earlier posts are gone. Clearing cache didn't work. Using Firefox and Win XP. Hope you see this.
Test Subject
#14 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 1:34 AM
Default Browsers Updated
Yep. Made sure everything was up to date. No luck :/
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
Have you updated browsers?
Test Subject
#15 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 1:37 AM
Default We See Your Posts
Your posts are going through. Also I cleared my caches too to no avail
Quote: Originally posted by KatieBee
Having the same problem. My earlier posts are gone. Clearing cache didn't work. Using Firefox and Win XP. Hope you see this.
Test Subject
#16 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 1:41 AM
Default Clearing Caches
Clearing caches to the beginning of time didn't help. I'm going to scour my computer for any ghostery-type programs and see if any of those are the issue just because Modthesims doesn't work for the 3 of my browsers. (I don't have ghostery in particular, to be clear.) Bought a gaming computer fully aware it would come with software I didn't fully understand I'm paying for it now lol.
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
You could try clearing your caches, not sure if it will do much though, but it's worth a shot! ^-^ : https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?hl=en
Test Subject
#17 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 9:52 PM
Hey BlueValentine, sorry you're having a similar problem. Hope you get it fixed. I tried everything I or others could think of, short of rolling back my browser to an earlier date. Nothing worked. I have no problem with other websites, just here. As far as I can tell the problem began after Firefox's recent update. I've been coming here for years, so if there were no recent changes to the site, then it it must be the browser. I'm just not tech-savvy enough to fix this, and my boys are too far away to help in person. Someday I'll upgrade Windows, and then I'll be able to run a different browser.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 12:43 AM
The op post is what is happening to me a lot lately, but it only happens when I click on a link to mts without "www." at the beginning, if it has that then it loads fine.
and it's been happening for like 2 months or so now.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#19 Old 1st May 2017 at 9:59 PM
wert700:

My secure DNS server (I use Comodo) is reporting that modtheims.info is insecure, so that is probably why I cannot get it to load properly. I didn't notice the little info button in the upper left corner of my browser at first. It seems there is something about the website or the website's DNS that is insecure. I could try another DNS server to test it--I still haven't totally rejected changes in protocol on the Internet as the cause.

But then, when I think about what you wrote, it seems to confirm that it is a problem with the site's DNS, that the domain server is incorrectly configured--could be a possibility, which leaves the site open to malware and trojans. :/