Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st May 2021 at 1:17 PM
Default Upload Wizard Description not Showing any BB code
I am pleased with some more recent changes that have been added to the Upload Wizard Description e.g splitting the screen and being able to preview the description (prior to the preview stage), however when uploading I was unable to access the BB Code to add emoticons, Bold or Italics to my description?
I did click on the BB Code box and although the screen changed slightly, there was still no access to these functions I could see (possibly I was expecting it to be on a header) but I did try scrolling down too.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 31st May 2021 at 1:31 PM
having this problem too
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#3 Old 31st May 2021 at 1:52 PM
I'm not sure what the issue here is? You've always been able to add bbcode manually to the posts. The bbcode editor in the wizard does not have a toolbar, but you can still add things just by typing the bbcode. See the Help/Guide tab for more information on which bbcodes you can enter.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 31st May 2021 at 1:59 PM Last edited by Mischief Managed : 31st May 2021 at 6:22 PM. Reason: added screenshot
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
I'm not sure what the issue here is? You've always been able to add bbcode manually to the posts. The bbcode editor in the wizard does not have a toolbar, but you can still add things just by typing the bbcode. See the Help/Guide tab for more information on which bbcodes you can enter.

@Tashiketh last time I used uploader about a week ago there was a tool bar above description box you could highlight underline bold etc. just by selecting text and button from toolbar now the only option is to do it manually through bbc editor

I was able to find screenshot of toolbar by clicking edit on latest upload I highlighted it in red

edit: checked the change log what changed since last visit and think this is reason
Quote:
2021-05-26:Removed Experimental WYSIWYG editor, and replaced with simble tabbed bbcode textbox
Screenshots
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#5 Old 1st Jun 2021 at 12:18 PM
Correct. The WYSIWYG editor was causing other issues and wasn't working as well with the rest of the code, so I removed it.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 5:52 AM
Dear @Tashiketh
I much approve as the WYSIWYG editor and I were not the best of friends. I really like the new preview pane and the split screen feature. However, I really did like being able to click a button to get quote or URL or formatting tags around text. Is there any chance that you might be able to have the remotest chance of perhaps thinking about considering maybe possibly adding some buttons for those of us with fat fingers and bad typing skills? If we ask nicely perhaps? please? *I would insert smilies but I would have to look up the codes for them at https://modthesims.info/misc.php?do=getsmilies and I can never remember that URL when I need it*
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#7 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 10:42 AM
@Simsample Well, since you ask super nicely . I assume you mean sort of like the basic toolbar you can get here on the forums?

When you say "Click a button to get a quote" - you mean the popup or just inserting the bbcode directly?

(Also did you know that the URL for the smilies is linked in the Help/Guide tab? (this text: For a full list see: smilie list)

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 12:42 PM
I assume you mean sort of like the basic toolbar you can get here on the forums?

I don't see any toolbar on the forums- am I supposed to?

When you say "Click a button to get a quote" - you mean the popup or just inserting the bbcode directly?

Either would be great, at the moment I have to manually type it.

(Also did you know that the URL for the smilies is linked in the Help/Guide tab?

Hehe, I missed that! It took me a while to notice the 'copy IMG link' button too!
Screenshots
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#9 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 6:33 PM
Well, there's a much older "Standard Toolbar" editor that was active a long long time ago.

I'd probably do a stripped down version with the Bold, Quote, URL, maybe some heading ones, and some smilies.
Screenshots

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 7:49 PM
Sounds good to me- sorry to be a pain!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#11 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 8:06 PM
Nah it's fine - I was going to add it at some point anyway! Now it's just bumped up the priority list a bit.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 9:29 PM
Inventor
Original Poster
#13 Old 3rd Jun 2021 at 11:01 PM
Nah it's fine - I was going to add it at some point anyway! Now it's just bumped up the priority list a bit.

Will I update this thread status to "To Fix"?