Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 9:31 PM Last edited by Akihiro : 18th Nov 2011 at 12:17 AM.
Default {SOLVED} Unable to enter Livemode after importing a packaged lot from the catalog
I ve a friend who did a lot for me, and i told him to send me the lot catalog file and the custom content, but the problem is that when i put a family into it it loads fine but when i reach in the lot its like there isnt any family, and is still in build/buy mode or as if no sims were there and of course the livemode didnt apear like working =[

what could be this problem? i am not re building it tho.
do you guys think that if there were sims inside and he forgot to send me the characters attached to the lot would be the problem?

thanks for helping me =(

THE PROBLEM WAS FIXED BY ADDING THE MAILBOX BACK!
Advertisement
Bowties are cool.
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 9:50 PM
I had this problem when I deleted a mailbox by accident and then moved in a family. Perhaps that could be the problem?

Also, this is not a site issue, so it doesn't belong here
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 9:56 PM
so what should i do : (
Bowties are cool.
retired moderator
#4 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 10:14 PM
Well, at that moment I had no idea the lack of mailbox was causing it, so I had to rebuild the lot. I'm not sure if there's a way to fix it, but maybe someone else could help.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 10:27 PM
okay but do u think if i make a object of the game mailbox in SimPE to be buyable would fix it?
Site Helper
#6 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 10:30 PM
When you say "i told him to send me the lot catalog file", exactly what format of file did you receive? Sims2Pack? package?

If it was a Sims2Pack file, can you see the family and sims when you open the file using the Clean Installer?

If it was a package file, what was the file name? Was it named something like N001_Lot2.package ( _Lot.package )? Or was it something like cx_00000003.package ( cx_.package )? The first is the lot package from the Neighborhood Lots folder; the second is from the LotCatalog folder. Neither of those can contain sims.

You can get a downloadable mailbox here. Be sure to download the version that's compatible with your latest EP:
http://daydream.etowns.net/S2hacked.htm

You should also be aware that sharing families like this can corrupt your neighborhood. Here is a FAQ which explains the right and wrong ways to share a family:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...elp:Moving_Sims
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 10:34 PM
[QUOTE=Mootilda]When you say "i told him to send me the lot catalog file", exactly what format of file did you receive? Sims2Pack? package?

If it was a Sims2Pack file, can you see the family and sims when you open the file using the Clean Installer?

If it was a package file, what was the file name? Was it _Lot.package or cx_.package?
QUOTE]

it was a lot cx 00000 something yes, and the lot file was a sim2pack.
i dont rmemeber if there was sims in the sim2pack, since there wasnt any occupied family inside, but yeah maybe the solution is the mailbox.
Site Helper
#8 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 10:35 PM
I added something to my post while you were posting. You might want to re-read it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Nov 2011 at 12:15 AM
Thank You So Much !