Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 5:35 PM
Default How to uninstall sims 3 packs from launcher that keeps crashing
I have a bunch of cc and most of my ''bad'' cc or cc that I don't want in my game anymore has been installed through the sims 3 launcher using sims 3 packs since I started playing in 2012/2013. I want to remove that cc but the problem is that when I scroll down a bit in my installed content on the launcher the launcher just crashes and origin opens. How can I remove my cc? The cc that is at the top is cc that I want to keep that's why I have to scroll down to find cc that I do not want in my game. Is there a way to fix the launcher from crashing whenever I try to scroll through my cc or to as a last option remove all cc from the launcher and start on a clean slate? I have like 2000 cc in my packages folder and I guess I have as much or more in the launcher and I think it is that cc that is causing more lag in my game.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 7:18 PM
Okay I'll try this method thank you, I'll come back if I have any questions or it doesn't work. Also I clicked on the help forum to post but it only led me to the wcif post I tried multiple times to click on the help forum and other forums but it only led me to wcif.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 20th Apr 2021 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dimitra12345
Also I clicked on the help forum to post but it only led me to the wcif post I tried multiple times to click on the help forum and other forums but it only led me to wcif.

I think what OP means is that the "The sims 3 - Help" link on the below page actually links to the WCIF thread:
https://modthesims.info/announcemen...ouncementid=173
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#6 Old 20th Apr 2021 at 9:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I think that is a glitch noteworthy for the admins. @Lyralei
Huh, that's a new one for me! But i'll report it  Thanks!
Test Subject
#8 Old 1st Jun 2022 at 10:42 PM
Don't know if you've resolved this but I had the same/ similar problem (I uh, installed every store item. Ever. Thousands.) and the launcher just couldn't handle scrolling it. The nuke option that worked for me was just uninstalling everything all at once via the button in launcher, removing everything from the downloads folder into a dif folder on desktop, and put stuff back in 100 at a time so I could scroll through the thumbnails in launcher again and delete that way (took me 3 hours but I'm down to 306 items total now).