Replies: 8332 (Who?), Viewed: 403084 times.
Page 281 of 334
Test Subject
#7001 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 3:25 AM
Maybe this will help someone in the future (I was stumped for answers when I Googled earlier) but I installed (then uninstalled) a camera mod, opened up the game again and couldn't hide walls in one of my lots (see screenshot below - that part of the UI was just... blank!)

I couldn't figure out how to bring them back for a while and was a bit worried I had done something very bad (my walls wouldn't go down or cutaway! it's the end of the world!) but was able to remedy the problem by simply hitting the "home" and "end" keys - hope this advice helps anybody else who comes across the problem!
Screenshots
Scholar
#7002 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 12:25 PM
Something similar happened for me to the buy catalogue once. Everything just went blank. Solved it by using the pipette/copy tool on an object.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Forum Resident
#7003 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 8:28 PM
Probably everyone knew about that already, but not so long ago I actually started to play sim families for longer time than few days. I discovered (or it was coincidence?) that if elder sims had children younger than teen, and there was nobody else at home to take care of them, they won't die even if they already should die of old age and they wait until these children age up. Had this already twice.
Mad Poster
#7004 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 8:41 PM
I was at work reading about an astronomer called Tycho Brahe, and I wondered if maybe that's who Tycho Curious is named after. So I looked at the Wikipedia, and it would appear so.

I love how somehow I can work everything back to Sims

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
#7005 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 9:37 PM
In the background of the CAS room, one of the pictures is of a fireman holding a baby. Presumably one he just rescued. That's kinda cute.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Lab Assistant
#7006 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 9:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeTownChick
In the background of the CAS room, one of the pictures is of a fireman holding a baby. Presumably one he just rescued. That's kinda cute.

Yeah, there are many nice photos in CAS room.
Test Subject
#7007 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeTownChick
In the background of the CAS room, one of the pictures is of a fireman holding a baby. Presumably one he just rescued. That's kinda cute.


What a funny coincidence you posted a Sim with that shirt... as I just realized earlier this week how that particular basegame shirt (which has been around for 15 YEARS) has a pattern with a sun on it.
Forum Resident
#7008 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeTownChick
In the background of the CAS room, one of the pictures is of a fireman holding a baby. Presumably one he just rescued. That's kinda cute.


It looks to me like it might be based of a real photo of a fireman holding a baby, as I recall seeing one before. Searching it up, there was one after the Oklahoma City bombing that was circulated heavily. Sadly the baby had died =( . The CAS fireman picture is also used on the countertop of the all in one diner object.
Theorist
#7009 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon Aster
It looks to me like it might be based of a real photo of a fireman holding a baby, as I recall seeing one before. Searching it up, there was one after the Oklahoma City bombing that was circulated heavily. Sadly the baby had died =( . The CAS fireman picture is also used on the countertop of the all in one diner object.


That photo won a Pulitzer. I have always assumed the CAS photo was meant to reference it.
Mad Poster
DELETED POST
2nd Apr 2019 at 3:38 AM
This message has been deleted by FranH. Reason: Never mind..
Scholar
#7010 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 5:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon Aster
It looks to me like it might be based of a real photo of a fireman holding a baby, as I recall seeing one before. Searching it up, there was one after the Oklahoma City bombing that was circulated heavily. Sadly the baby had died =( . The CAS fireman picture is also used on the countertop of the all in one diner object.


That's ... strangely grim, for Maxis.
Inventor
#7011 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 6:09 PM
I was wrapping up my lot renovations when I found this; it was covered up but the house has chicken legs . Kind of spooked me for a moment, so I might just leave it there and create a witch to live there


what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Top Secret Researcher
#7012 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 6:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primavera
I was wrapping up my lot renovations when I found this; it was covered up but the house has chicken legs . Kind of spooked me for a moment, so I might just leave it there and create a witch to live there



Yup that's an easter egg found in Belladonna Cove, fashioned after the house of Baba Yaga, which also walked on chicken legs:

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/List_o...tervista_Palace

Avatar by MasterRed
Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Inventor
#7013 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 6:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphalesion
Yup that's an easter egg found in Belladonna Cove, fashioned after the house of Baba Yaga, which also walked on chicken legs:

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/List_o...tervista_Palace


I wonder if I could've saw this lot without my camera mod, for a moment I thought my game was wigging out

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Edge Of Darkness
retired moderator
#7014 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 9:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primavera
I wonder if I could've saw this lot without my camera mod, for a moment I thought my game was wigging out

It is reachable without a camera mod... but only just.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH
***Sims File Share- ask me for a code***
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
If you are looking for files from old websites the Internet Archive is your best friend.
Top Secret Researcher
#7015 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 9:44 PM
Yup i reached it without any camera mod as well.

Avatar by MasterRed
Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Lab Assistant
#7016 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 10:16 PM
So one of the richer Sims of my neighborhood just walked up to the pastor's front door, stole his newspaper and ran off the lot.
Never knew that could happen, I mean, especially to the pastor, lol.
Mad Poster
#7017 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misaki Chan
So one of the richer Sims of my neighborhood just walked up to the pastor's front door, stole his newspaper and ran off the lot.
Never knew that could happen, I mean, especially to the pastor, lol.


You might need "Angels & Nurses".
Scholar
#7018 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 11:51 PM
PlantSims can get flu. I don't know why that surprised me, but it did. It doesn't appear to affect them much, though, so I'm hoping Basil won't suddenly keel over because of some invisible need.
Lab Assistant
#7019 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDacapo
You might need "Angels & Nurses".

Sounds fun, but maybe changes the game a bit too much.
Mad Poster
#7020 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 5:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAlien
PlantSims can get flu. I don't know why that surprised me, but it did. It doesn't appear to affect them much, though, so I'm hoping Basil won't suddenly keel over because of some invisible need.


Just have Basil sit down on the couch and read a book or study. Hope he'll be alright.
Theorist
#7021 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 4:27 PM
That a mean sim can come and steal the newspaper right out of your sim's hands while he's reading it.
Lab Assistant
#7022 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 9:34 PM
Children with certain personality traits will burp into the microphone of the "I Object" Litigator Podium. The one who did it is extreme sloppy (1) and outgoing (9), and rather grouchy (3). I'm not sure which trait it is.

Also, the small white fireplace of the base game comes with very colourfull variations. I feel so stupid now, because I never discovered this in over a decade. :D

Sorry for my grammar errors - english is not my native language :)
Lab Assistant
#7023 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 1:55 AM
I've been playing the Sims 2 since at least 2005/2006 and I never knew that the wish "Becoming a star on campus" existed. It rolled for me for the first time today. Unfortunately I forgot to lock it but now I definitely need to research how to fulfill it if it ever comes up again.
Inventor
#7024 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 2:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katerina Petrova
I've been playing the Sims 2 since at least 2005/2006 and I never knew that the wish "Becoming a star on campus" existed. It rolled for me for the first time today. Unfortunately I forgot to lock it but now I definitely need to research how to fulfill it if it ever comes up again.


I had this happen to me a while ago, I had a Popularity sim and he had the want to become the Big Sim on Campus. IIRC I think you have to fill up the Influence bar by gaining lots of friends. I can't remember exactly what the number of friends were, but the want was worth a lot of aspiration points

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#7025 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 7:59 AM
I've seen that want before. Being 'big' on campus is awesome though... lots of friends and such.
Page 281 of 334
Back to top