Replies: 8332 (Who?), Viewed: 403240 times.
Page 329 of 334
Mad Poster
#8201 Old 30th May 2020 at 8:07 PM
Although the screenshot I posted is from my testing hood, I do have a few fictional characters in Oakbrook, with the excuse of "they fell through a wormhole from another universe and got transformed into Sims."

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Usually hanging out in Sim Crafters these days. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Welcome to Oakbrook.
Inventor
#8202 Old 30th May 2020 at 8:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbizarre
Although the screenshot I posted is from my testing hood, I do have a few fictional characters in Oakbrook, with the excuse of "they fell through a wormhole from another universe and got transformed into Sims."

After you say something like that, you know that at least one Simmer here's going to ask for more screenshots of what's going on in your game, right?

"$21! Oh, how COULD you?" --Kankritty
Scholar
#8203 Old 30th May 2020 at 10:01 PM
2x2 closets aren't completely useless! I usually don't put them in my sims homes, but I've been on a 'making my sims homes more realistic kick' lately, trying to make sure most bedrooms have closets and that there's room for utilities (i.e., Raynuss' deco furnace and water heater) and laundry machines. I generally try to avoid 2x2 closets unless I'm building a really fancy house or something. I preferred 2x1 so I could just use the AL closet and I had previously believed 2x2 to be a serious waste of space. But I forgot I had some cc closet deco and with that I can put those on the wall, letting my sims change clothes, etc, and then still put a vanity in there as well, and it's all still functional. Seems so silly and obvious, now, but yeah, I'm pretty happy I figured this out because it gives me more options of what to do with the space in those times when my floor plan calls for one. I can even put all the dressers and vanity stuff on one wall and have sims still be able to pass through to a bathroom! You've no idea the time I've wasted staring at a layout, trying to figure out a way to get that downstairs 4x5 master a private bath and a 2x1 closet to fit next to a laundry room or utility closet! But now I realize I can just do a long galley, instead of chopping up the space into weird little pieces. Or I could leave the bedroom at 4x4--such a bedroom seemed small for master before, but with a 2x2 closet, I wouldn't need to worry as much about finding a place for a dresser. I can let the closet handle all the stuff I'd normally put in their bedroom.

ETA: Oh, I have a pile of clothes dresser, too! I could do a wall of clothes clutter with a mirror and it'd all be functional! :D
Screenshots

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO
XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Help 4 Creating An Aging Mod |Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | Kelyns on other forums
Alchemist
#8204 Old 31st May 2020 at 2:00 PM
Today when changing doors in building into Simlogical ones I discovered that if door refuses to turn into right direction I need to turn building and not door so that arrows will point at me. It was very easy to place doors after I turned building.
Inventor
#8205 Old 31st May 2020 at 10:02 PM
Not today but yesterday; found out that maxis and custom wall lights are shiftable when you use the [ ] keys. I was curious enough to try it but I didn't think it would actually work

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Lab Assistant
#8206 Old 1st Jun 2020 at 12:13 PM
Not in the Sims 2 but I found that in Portugal there making a remake to the Sims 2 Castaway. I'm surprised I didn't think anyone remembered that game.
Top Secret Researcher
#8207 Old 1st Jun 2020 at 2:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow214
Not in the Sims 2 but I found that in Portugal there making a remake to the Sims 2 Castaway. I'm surprised I didn't think anyone remembered that game.


What?
Do you have more information on that?

Avatar by MasterRed
Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Lab Assistant
#8208 Old 1st Jun 2020 at 4:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphalesion
What?
Do you have more information on that?

Here's the trailer, it contains a link to their game jolt page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3KxEKplAKc
Top Secret Researcher
#8209 Old 1st Jun 2020 at 4:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow214
Here's the trailer, it contains a link to their game jolt page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3KxEKplAKc


Neat!

Let's hope, if anything comes of it, that there will be an English translation.
Of course that is if EA doesn't slap them with a cease and desist first.

Avatar by MasterRed
Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Forum Resident
#8210 Old 1st Jun 2020 at 6:46 PM
that game is amazing and I haven't forgotten it.
Mad Poster
#8211 Old 2nd Jun 2020 at 4:30 AM
Even if a telescope is inside a house, a Sim can get abducted by aliens.

Melody Tinker had gone steady with one of my teens, and I was playing the Tinker household to get her some scholarships before I sent her to college with him. She was star gazing from the telescope they have inside the house and got abducted. No babies from this one, just another scholarship.

I think that is five natural alien abductions now.
Scholar
#8212 Old 2nd Jun 2020 at 4:44 AM
Apparently some plates (or at least some custom ones) can be mounted on the wall after being emptied? I had a hectic family because everyone had the flu and I was trying to get someone to make Grandma's Comfort Soup and didn't want to wait for someone else to do dishes, so I grabbed the empty serving bowl from the counter so there would be a preparation surface, and it snapped right onto the wall.
Mad Poster
#8213 Old 2nd Jun 2020 at 6:45 AM
If your sim is on an outing on a community lot with one sim from a two-sim household and calls the other sim from that household with their cellphone, "invite household" will still appear in the phone interface but it won't work. Clicking that option will simply make the call cancel. Annoying bug tbh.

When arriving on a lot that has both a pool and a shower that sims may autonomously use (Games of Glory hobby lot), a plantsim who's just discovered they're in water desperation will elect to walk off the lot to walk all the way home in that state rather than jumping in the pool or the shower.
Alchemist
#8214 Old 2nd Jun 2020 at 6:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrellyn
Apparently some plates (or at least some custom ones) can be mounted on the wall after being emptied? I had a hectic family because everyone had the flu and I was trying to get someone to make Grandma's Comfort Soup and didn't want to wait for someone else to do dishes, so I grabbed the empty serving bowl from the counter so there would be a preparation surface, and it snapped right onto the wall.

Yea, strange things can happen with wall deco. Even wall mounted fish is totally prepareable if you put it back into inventory.
Mad Poster
#8215 Old 2nd Jun 2020 at 7:01 AM
The "Smooch With" want generated when slowdancing can be fulfilled by a regular non-dance smooch. I don't know why I didn't really expect it to. Maybe because playing handheld games together doesn't fulfill "Play With."
Field Researcher
#8216 Old 2nd Jun 2020 at 6:16 PM
There's a different, special kind of corruption that (so far) seems unique to Riverblossom Hills. I got this idea of making subhoods to add the pre-made townies to existing hoods because "maybe they have *some* fashion sense" or something, and so far the base game hoods went pretty smoothly... However, for some reason when I did the same procedure with Riverblossom Hills (rename the original folder N001, generate an empty hood with those townies, convert into subhood) the empty hood had a bunch of empty families in SimPE (with names including even Goldenstein or whatever Betty's name is). Just something I thought was interesting.
Mad Poster
#8217 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 9:04 AM
I discovered two things last night.

First I discovered that my Sims can order Chinese food. I knew that it was in the game, but I thought it came with one of the later EPs that I don't have. But when Goneril Capp phoned up to order groceries last night (she'd run out late at night), I saw that she also had the option to order Chinese food.

Secondly I discovered that, when somebody rings the doorbell, everybody in the house wakes up. At least that's the only explanation I can think of why Albany, Miranda and Hal, all of whom were very tired, all woke up when Gerry McBain and Tamara Wren rang the doorbell.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
#8218 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 1:31 PM
There's a mod to stop the doorbell from waking sims up, but I'm surprised that in all your years of Simming you've never encountered that before.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Lab Assistant
#8219 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 2:09 PM
I never get Chinese food because they leave the empty stinky boxes all over the place. I think it lasts a long time, though, before going bad.
Mad Poster
#8220 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 2:53 PM
Chinese food was included with University. Unlike most food, Chinese food will always make your sims fatter. Other food will only do that if your sim is already full.

I think Pescado's "doorbell-quieter" will keep the doorbell from waking the whole household.
Mad Poster
#8221 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 3:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeTownChick
There's a mod to stop the doorbell from waking sims up, but I'm surprised that in all your years of Simming you've never encountered that before.
Very often, when my Sims have invited friends round, I'm looking out for them coming so my Sims go out to greet them in the street, long before they reach the front door. Moreover, when friends are invited round during the day, there's not usually anybody trying to sleep. On this occasion Miranda invited her boyfriend Gerry round for a sleepover late in the evening. She couldn't invite him earlier because Gerry now has a job. Which is entirely Miranda's own fault: he's now working as a not very effective cashier in Goneril's bookshop, because Miranda thought it would be a good idea to hire him. By the way, the "friend" that Gerry brought with him was Tamara Wren, who is a professional (i.e. NPC) cashier. I think he must have been asking her about how to work the till.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Lab Assistant
DELETED POST
3rd Jun 2020 at 6:38 PM
This message has been deleted by Shadow214.
Mad Poster
#8222 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 9:15 AM Last edited by Rosawyn : 6th Jun 2020 at 9:29 AM.
If there are two wall phones, a sim can put the handset on a different wall phone than the one they got it from. Both wall phones then magically have their handsets.

The First Name field is sadly too short to add the subject names before "Prof" in each professor's name. It can work for very short names like "Sam" but not for longer ones like "Sebastian."

Streakers can be female. I had only ever seen male ones before and had assumed they were locked into that gender much like cheerleaders are locked into being female.
Field Researcher
#8223 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 2:47 PM
The School Cheer changes when the sim ages up to an adult. Maybe my hearing is bad, but young adult sims with teen voices say "Bada beybi oga ena damp damp damp", while adults say "Bada aga oma ena damp damp damp". Guess older sims are affected by the mandela effect.
Mad Poster
#8224 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 12:45 AM
Going to a final exam fulfills the "go to class" want. I don't think I knew that one before, anyway.
Field Researcher
#8225 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 2:15 PM
Sims Life Hack! Inside jokes, unlike regular jokes, give a fun motive boost. And since the animation is faster I'd say having a BFF and continuously telling them inside jokes is a more efficient way to bring fun up than staring at pictures.
Page 329 of 334
Back to top