Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 8:10 PM
Default Game will not open properly, tried everything
Hi all,

Bit of a long story but I hadn't played the Sims for a few months and I went to open it up. As I opened Origin, I forgot I'd purchased Laundry Stuff, which proceeded to download. During the download process it tells me my storage is full, which is true. My PC is divided into C drive and D drive - C drive only has 150GB of memory and D drive has 750GB. I have no idea why I'd originally chosen to put the game on C drive. Anyway...

I moved the game files over from C drive to D drive and it proceeded to re-download the whole game and all expansions from Origin. It finished doing that and I opened up the game. I started in CAS with no problems but I noticed that there seemed to be quite a few items missing - when I checked, it had only installed the base game and Laundry Stuff. So I closed the game and reinstalled all of the other expansions. 3 hours later, I tried to open the game. It does the initial loading screen, the Sims 4 one, but then goes to a black screen with the music playing in the background. I restarted my PC several times with no joy. I then reinstalled the whole lot again (this is now 8 hours after I originally wanted to play - safe to say the urge had worn off by now) and still the same issue.

I've tried deleting the cache files, I've got no CC installed, my PC is up to spec and everything was running fine up until this point. I've Googled the problem and tried everything suggested, although nobody seemed to be having the exact same issue as me. So now I'm out of ideas. Does anyone have any suggestions at all?? Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 12:10 AM
Im not exactly sure if this will solve your problem but I ran into something similar when I bought a new gaming computer. Im not a fan at all of SSD, meaning your D drive. I will link you an article that tells you how to move space from the D drive to the C drive and I hope that will make the game playable for you. I had a similar problem on my gaming computer and once I learned how to move space from one drive to the other, I was able to play the game. Good luck

https://www.partition-magic-server....to-c-drive.html