Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jan 2024 at 9:43 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Need help, the game automatically mutes when minimized (The Sims 2)
Since I can't find new answers on the subject and hopefully there is a fix, I'm writing this question here.

I play The Sims 2 on windowed mode, when clicking on another window tab or minimizing the game; the game automatically mutes itself. I tried to run the game on full screen, tried compatibility mode for an earlier version of Windows but nothing solve the issue.

I want to Stream the game and I don't want the audio to cut off whenever checking another window.

What can I do to fix this issue?

Thank you in advance.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Jan 2024 at 1:23 PM
Try putting the 'sim while minimised' option to ON:
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jan 2024 at 3:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Try putting the 'sim while minimised' option to ON:

Thank you but this option is on. The game is still going in the background but with no sound.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd Jan 2024 at 4:27 PM
Hmm, not sure then! Does anyone else have any ideas?
Forum Resident
#5 Old 2nd Jan 2024 at 9:52 PM
Have a random bug of that sort - the sound arbitrarily cuts out for no ascertainable reason. Clicking anywhere on the screen (but not on a sim) turns it back on. In my case I suspect a driver problem, as I'm running on outdated drivers (the "latest" ones don't work with my graphics card even though they are supposed to). Went round and round with NVidia on this, got nowhere, decided to live with it until I can afford a newer computer.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 3rd Jan 2024 at 9:42 AM
It's probably designed to cut the sound while you aren't playing the game, unfortunately.