Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Lamp Collection

by PineappleForest Posted 3rd May 2020 at 12:26 PM - Updated 15th Apr 2023 at 9:31 PM by PineappleForest

86 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 52 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Instructor
THANKS POST
#51 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 12:37 PM
This is such a wonderful set. So many options and everything just looks gorgeous!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#52 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 12:28 PM
These lamp collection is my favorite.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#53 Old 10th Jun 2020 at 10:41 PM
WOW!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#54 Old 11th Jun 2020 at 9:34 AM
Wow wow wow! What an amazing set! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#55 Old 16th Jul 2020 at 4:16 PM
Keep up the good work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#56 Old 22nd Jul 2020 at 11:44 AM
Wow Wow Wow! This is amazing. I love them all!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#57 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 9:19 AM
I think this upload may be the solution to all my simming woes (okay, that may be an overstatement)! The one thing I have lamented for years and never found a solution to is a desperate need for more! lighting! options! so i generally use the same, generic, inoffensive lamps constantly. No more! For now there is variety aplenty! And for that, I thank you!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#58 Old 8th Nov 2020 at 6:43 PM
Man, these are great! This is the kind of stuff I want to see more. Large, contextual collections that just give me a lot of one thing. I love it! Your lamps look fantastic!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#59 Old 23rd Nov 2020 at 8:52 AM
Amazing! I especially liked the vintage lamps and their colours! Really universal in terms of using, thank you.
Mad Poster
#60 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 6:58 PM
Love your lights! ...but...they just are not bright enough for me. Like some "candle" lights, you can see the light, but they don't light up a room. But I use them just for the pretty factor.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#61 Old 31st Dec 2020 at 10:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Love your lights! ...but...they just are not bright enough for me. Like some "candle" lights, you can see the light, but they don't light up a room. But I use them just for the pretty factor.

Most of these are meant as decorative lights anyway, not task lights
And you can always add more light. Try invisible lamps https://nixedsims.wordpress.com/201...nvisible-lamps/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 6th Jan 2021 at 1:39 PM
love these
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#63 Old 8th Jan 2021 at 12:19 AM
one of the best custom content sets I have ever laid my eyes upon. good cc lamps are severely lacking, so this is amazing. thank you so much!
Mad Poster
#64 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 2:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PineappleForest
Most of these are meant as decorative lights anyway, not task lights
And you can always add more light. Try invisible lamps https://nixedsims.wordpress.com/201...nvisible-lamps/

Thanks; those will be helpful for lots of places..

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Test Subject
#65 Old 3rd Feb 2021 at 12:34 PM
I tried downloading a few times but each time my computer claims all of the files are broken archives.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#66 Old 3rd Feb 2021 at 1:56 PM
Your file archiver software is outdated. Get the latest 7-zip or WinRAR.
Quote: Originally posted by Gdjica
I tried downloading a few times but each time my computer claims all of the files are broken archives.
Test Subject
#67 Old 10th Apr 2021 at 8:08 AM
These lamps are absolutely amazing, thank you. One question though, some lamps in the glass & brass set are emitting a cool light instead of warm like majority of the set. Is that intentional? And is it possible to get an all warm light version of the glass & brass set?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#68 Old 10th Apr 2021 at 10:35 PM Last edited by PineappleForest : 11th Apr 2021 at 1:43 AM.
@beetuin
Sure, I can modify the meshes for you (but that's gonna take a while ) You'd have to specify, which lamps you'd like me to edit.
Do you use any lighting mods? Some of these affect the lamp lights.
I prefer warmer light settings myself but there aren't that many to choose from. When used in large ceiling lamps, sometimes that light is not bright enough.

(OR maybe you didn't mean "Glass & Brass" Set.. but the Gameroom Set - all white light?)
Test Subject
#69 Old 11th Apr 2021 at 4:53 PM
@beetuin
Sure, I can modify the meshes for you (but that's gonna take a while ) You'd have to specify, which lamps you'd like me to edit.
Do you use any lighting mods? Some of these affect the lamp lights.
I prefer warmer light settings myself but there aren't that many to choose from. When used in large ceiling lamps, sometimes that light is not bright enough.

(OR maybe you didn't mean "Glass & Brass" Set.. but the Gameroom Set - all white light?)

Just the standing lamps in the set would be great honestly but I understand if it's too much trouble.
That's what I first thought too, I thought I had a mod conflicting with the lights or something that's why their light color looked different from the other lamps in the set. I use gunmod's radiant lighting system, but as far as I know it only makes the lighting more realistic. And yes I meant the glass & brass set, The pretty, stained glass looking lights.
I wish the sims 2 gave you the option to choose which color of light you want a lamp to emit just like in the sims 3.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#70 Old 12th Apr 2021 at 9:49 AM
I don't use Radiance but I think it does affect the lamp light.
Pyramid floor lamp uses Moroccan ceiling lamp settings - it's definitely not a cool light, it has amber tones (take a look at the screenshot with Retro Set lamps turned on).
Many lamps in G&B set use those settings.. Fantastical lamp uses Swing arm floor lamp light settings - brighter, kinda pale yellow.
I've changed both to Club wall sconce (candelabra) settings, let me know if it looks better.

Yeah, it would be really nice to have the option to change the lamp light in the game. I recommend you google invisible lamps, I use these a lot.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  G&B_FloorLamps_AlternativeLightSettings.zip (70.0 KB, 38 downloads)
Test Subject
#71 Old 13th Apr 2021 at 2:27 AM
I don't use Radiance but I think it does affect the lamp light.
Pyramid floor lamp uses Moroccan ceiling lamp settings - it's definitely not a cool light, it has amber tones (take a look at the screenshot with Retro Set lamps turned on).
Many lamps in G&B set use those settings.. Fantastical lamp uses Swing arm floor lamp light settings - brighter, kinda pale yellow.
I've changed both to Club wall sconce (candelabra) settings, let me know if it looks better.

Yeah, it would be really nice to have the option to change the lamp light in the game. I recommend you google invisible lamps, I use these a lot.

These are perfect, thank you for taking the time to edit the lamps. I already have invisible lamps I use them all the time. Problem is they aren't shiftable so I can only use them on lamps that have the light source coming from the same place since I use a lighting mod.
Test Subject
#72 Old 16th Apr 2021 at 11:15 AM
Conversion
Wow, these do look fantastic! I totally fell in love with this lamp collection.
I have however a maybe inappropriate question for you. Would you ever consider conversing them to Sims 4? I, myself, am a bigger Sims 2 gameplay fan, however these lamps would look fantastic combined with Sims 4 building tools... I hope I have not disrespected your work with my request. In any way - You are really talented.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#73 Old 16th Apr 2021 at 3:18 PM
@mashaa999
I don't play TS4 but I don't mind others converting my stuff, so you may try to ask somebody who did TS2 to TS4 lights.
My lamps could be a bit tricky to convert though (especially Glass&Brass set).
Test Subject
#74 Old 16th Apr 2021 at 3:22 PM
@mashaa999
I don't play TS4 but I don't mind others converting my stuff, so you may try to ask somebody who did TS2 to TS4 lights.
My lamps could be a bit tricky to convert though (especially Glass&Brass set).

Okey, thank you! :P
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#75 Old 16th Apr 2021 at 6:36 PM
thanks s2
Page 3 of 4