Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th May 2022 at 1:53 AM Last edited by rinofwater : 24th May 2022 at 10:43 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Body Shop Crashing after PC Upgrade
Hello, I recently built a new PC and was trying to get into Body Shop to do some work and it keeps crashing before it finishes loading. I'm launching the application from C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\CSBin\TS2BodyShop.exe. I followed all of the recommendations at this link: https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti...Help:Body_Shop# ; deleted all the cache files I could find in my Sims 2 Ultimate Collection file, removed Documents, Neighborhoods, and SavedSims, removed the entire Sims 2 Ultimate Collection folder from my documents and tried to run Body Shop again, restarted my machine, and all of them have the same issue. I also tried running a 4 GB patch on the exe for Body Shop and all that did was speed up the crashing process (that patch has since been rolled back so the exe should be at its fresh install state). I have access to the HDD I had in my previous build and tried to copy the exe over to the old drive and run it from there, and it didn't even try to load in (not surprising, but figured it was worth a shot just in case). I can run Ultimate Collection without issues on the new build otherwise, and I was able to have the same luck with Body Shop before the upgrade, so I'm sure the issue is related to the new hardware. I wasn't able to find any information about SSD incompatibility with Body Shop online, and it's still a SATA drive so I'm not sure if that would even matter.
Short of trying to set up a nerfed virtual machine on the old hard drive, is there anything else I can try? Or is this just going to have to be one of the tradeoffs of the beefed up hardware? Thanks for your time
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th May 2022 at 3:51 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 24th May 2022 at 4:10 AM.
Just because it's not 100% clear - have you tried running Bodyshop without CC/mods from the fresh install?

I can see that you've tried most of the recommended and probably a few other methods to get Bodyshop to work, but if you're putting in your Downloads folder every time, and there's something in there that makes Bodyshop crash, you're not going to get past the crashing stage.

If you haven't already tried it (or just to get this one out of the way in case you have tried but didn't specify it above), try without CC and mods, including anything you've added to your install folder (recategorizers, etc.).

---

Also, have you set it up to run with your graphics card/chip? If your game needed changes in the GraphicRules and VideoCards files to run properly, Bodyshop most likely needs the same changes. The files are in the Config (game) and CSConfig (Bodyshop) folders in the install location, here:
...Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res

Would recommend to keep the 4GB patch on the EXE file, because I don't think that's part of the issue you're dealing with. Once you get it running, the patch will help Bodyshop run smoother, and not crash.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th May 2022 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Just because it's not 100% clear - have you tried running Bodyshop without CC/mods from the fresh install?

I can see that you've tried most of the recommended and probably a few other methods to get Bodyshop to work, but if you're putting in your Downloads folder every time, and there's something in there that makes Bodyshop crash, you're not going to get past the crashing stage.

If you haven't already tried it (or just to get this one out of the way in case you have tried but didn't specify it above), try without CC and mods, including anything you've added to your install folder (recategorizers, etc.).

---

Also, have you set it up to run with your graphics card/chip? If your game needed changes in the GraphicRules and VideoCards files to run properly, Bodyshop most likely needs the same changes. The files are in the Config (game) and CSConfig (Bodyshop) folders in the install location, here:
...Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res

Would recommend to keep the 4GB patch on the EXE file, because I don't think that's part of the issue you're dealing with. Once you get it running, the patch will help Bodyshop run smoother, and not crash.

Thanks for the response, running Graphic Rules Maker for Body Shop fixed the issue. I had it set up on the main game already and didn't think about it needing to be run separately for Body Shop (didn't need to do it on the old build, but the quirks of trying to revive depricated software I guess lol). Thanks for pointing that out!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th May 2022 at 5:38 PM
If you run Windows 10, you may need this:https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=667347
A Windows 10 function and it seems that not everyone knows about it.
I could not get Bodyshop to start at all - but after this, it did, quickly too, and the screen is bigger.