2 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1351 Old 28th Jan 2017 at 12:32 AM
Decided to play a sims 2 7 toddler challenge again, this time allowing for toddler beds seeing sims 4 has them.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#1352 Old 28th Jan 2017 at 8:45 AM
Nadia and Toby Pederson lived in a trailer with twin toddlers. Both parents were always tired, hungry, and smelly , especially heavily pregnant Nadia. It didn't help that neighbours kept ringing the doorbell at all hours to complain about the smell! Nadia then went into labour and I groaned. Twins again.
Theorist
#1353 Old 28th Jan 2017 at 12:33 PM
I spent ALL DAY yesterday trying to organize CC into folders. I still have/had a load of CC. Some of it has strange labels and I don't know what it is. I guess i can run it through the Clean Installer to see what it is....I've never been this organized.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Top Secret Researcher
#1355 Old 28th Jan 2017 at 4:00 PM
@joandsarah77 where did you get those beds? I NEED THEM.

@krudyard, I'll be sure to say a prayer for you. I haven't gotten any mutliples births in a while so every time one of my sims give birth lately I get a mild anxiety, I just know its around the corner lol.
----------------------------------------------------------

Jason has returned from college and already his parents have been pestering him about his wedding. Luckily for him he had a couple days until the big day since his father's birthday was the following day. He still hasn't had any luck finding a job in the criminal career either. And with his dad being a cop he's had to be little shady about it when asked how the job search was going. Could you imagine the shame if Liam were to find out?!

Jason and Kessi had a gorgeous wedding. Its unfortunate that Jason's grandfather couldn't be there. He would have loved to see his only grandchild get married.

Some of the guests got a little too crazy with the open bar. Veronica's sister-in-law, Madea, flirted with Kessi's older brother, Parker, both who are married, and their spouses weren't having any of it. Ugh..Parker and Savannah had just gotten over some similar issues. Here we go again! Perhaps they'll actually divorce this time around. Madea and James just had their first baby too so we'll see what happens.
Scholar
#1356 Old 28th Jan 2017 at 4:19 PM
I've been sick for a week and decided I would relax with my simmies. While it was loading, I closed my eyes.

I fell asleep.

Woke up to the start screen 30 mins later and decided I was too tired to play after all and quit.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Theorist
#1357 Old 28th Jan 2017 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DezzyBoo
I've been sick for a week and decided I would relax with my simmies. While it was loading, I closed my eyes.

I fell asleep.

Woke up to the start screen 30 mins later and decided I was too tired to play after all and quit.

There are far too many illnesses going around now! I had something last week (that stomach bug). Also I'm battling a cranky gallbladder. I really wanted to play, too, but when you are so worn out, you just need sleep! The Simmies will wait.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Scholar
#1358 Old 28th Jan 2017 at 7:24 PM Last edited by Mrmo : 28th Jan 2017 at 7:41 PM. Reason: Bigger images added
Today I did go on whit my build. Feels like I'm slowly getting somewhere. All images hidden under spoilers.

Firs image: The lobby. Simple but quite nice I think.

Then of to the restaurant. I hope it works because it's not plenty of space.

The first rooms are ready for service.

As some floor are still under construction we take the elevator to the gym.

And when you'r done working out you can go to the sky bar. At this level the camera is a pain.

And last but not least: A look at the outside.

And before I go I must tell you how sorry I am for messing things up. In a prev. post I did call this hotel "Splenty" but it turnes out it's not. Hotel Splenty is the turquoise building (last images, upper right corner) and this is Hotel Snitz. My bad. (Doh)!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1359 Old 28th Jan 2017 at 9:28 PM
@Gcgb53191 There are many toddler beds around, these are probably right from MTS. Just put toddler bed into the download search, you will get a bunch.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#1360 Old 28th Jan 2017 at 10:20 PM
I'm maxi-matching my game. Skins were already good, but I found Poppet made a newer version -- done. I've also re-defaulted all the hair, and replaced all my eyes (I recycled my old eyes' GUIDs, so I wouldn't have issues with genetics). Now I'm replacing my clothes! What a process. But it's so fun seeing the results!

So what's happening in my game at the moment is... a lot of "change appearance of that townie who suddenly got a random haircut". Thank goodness for simblender.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1361 Old 28th Jan 2017 at 11:16 PM
This was the best run though of the 7 toddler challenge that I have done. Got it fine tuned. Over the 8 days I got each child potty trained, 6 learnt to walk and the last one grew up half way through being taught. Managed without any services.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#1362 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 10:34 AM
That facial expression of that blond toddler - priceless
Inventor
#1363 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 11:00 AM
Today I had a traffic jam. Tom Bombadill goes to work only once a week, as an environmental guru, but he earns $10,000 simoleons for that stint, so it's important. Today he fed the baby, and waited for the nanny, but she did not show up. He phoned, and told her to come NOW! He went out front to sit and wait for her. He watched the maid and gardener coming and going. Still the nanny did not come. The gardener's truck and maid's van stood outside, and the nanny did not come. Tom was now nearly two hours late for work. At last the maid, Remington, after finishing work and hovering uncertainly, got back into his van and drove off. Instantly TWO nannies arrived, the scheduled one and the NOW one. Luckily all Tom had to do was change into two figleaves, and take off like Superman; so he was at work in no time.

In future traffic jams, the immediate action must be to dismiss maid or gardener, to make some space on the road for the nanny's blue van.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1364 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
That facial expression of that blond toddler - priceless

Yes, that was exactly my thought. :lovestruc

That happens on narrow lots, try it on a 1 by 1.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#1365 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 9:36 PM
Jo, that bus toy, where does that come from? I love that!

I've played most of the LGU parents Peni made through a few days, produced zillions of younger siblings (no, seriously), and about ready to hit LGU itself. For pics see my simblr.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1366 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 9:49 PM
Bus is from ATS2. Part of their Advent/Christmas gifts.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#1367 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 3:00 AM
The attempts of Father John Avon to revitalize his Downtown holdings were hampered by supernatural interference, and not just by Angelo; I tried out Sophie-David's speaking objects to try to raise public interest, and at first they led to both High Witches and Alexander Goth all showing up at once to speak! Obviously, disabling auto-invite is a good idea! Angelo had a great time being a nuisance, caused a fire and a sprinkler-flood while trying to make hot dogs, desired to do romantic things, and when scoping the entire cathedral grounds, found still-hanging-around Alexander attractive. Well, so be it; the boy had reason enough to be there even without the dratted tomes, and Angelo's stated goal is to make John's life miserable. He proceeded over to Alexander, introduced himself -- as John, of course! -- and presented the boy with two roses in a row. Oh, he passed them off as just spares from the Monty coffin-decorating, but he was capturing the already vulnerable heart of the miserable Alexander...

Finally, the speaking objects adjusted and understood, John and Angelo were able to go home and get a nap. John had gotten a bed for himself, and woke up hungry while Angelo still slept in the coffin. He took advantage of being free of the fiend, eating quickly and heading to Veronaville for renovations of that church! There, the set-up was much easier, with no invading witches; however, Isabella Monty took it upon herself to do some preaching, which John was unable to do. Oops, no skills! Laurence would have had a much easier time... He sold some coffins, however, including one to Nina Caliente -- he had to wonder if that one was intended to be her own. When he got home, Angelo shortly awakened. Mocking his host for his cluelessness, Angelo invited over Alexander Goth. John wasn't entirely sure how he wound up wielding a SimVac on the boy until Alexander, having lost a chunk of creativity built through long hours on the piano, ran off in tears...but he was ready to blame Angelo for all of it. Alexander, of course, will remember being mentally violated by none other than the new priest. (And poor Alexander is not the time to take well to losing his smarts!)

At any rate, John could now do some actual preaching, which he did upon returning to the cathedral. It was dark now, and a surprising visitor was sitting in the farthest-back pews -- Laurence Stratford! He pondered his replacement, and went away seeming satisfied...but his presence there as a vampire indicates that his rather naive faith has been soundly shaken, at the least, by his ouster. Angelo actually listened to his host a little, but quickly grew bored and went off in search of visitors to influence to harass each other. He got a chance to flirt with Melissa Fancey...so when he and John got home and John carelessly went to sleep while Angelo was still active, the demon was ready for fun. Oh, what a wonderful house this was for his whims, right down to the Love Tub out back that had only been used as a free source of solitary soaks by the previous occupant... Melissa gladly came over, feeling flattered at being (as she saw it) the priest's crush. She got in the Love Tub with Angelo, but giggled and pointed out that she didn't think he was allowed to do this when his hands roamed a bit too much. At which point Anglo laughed hollowly, and in the moment before she was pushed under the water by him, she caught a glimpse of crimson and dead-white, of blade-sharp chin and pits of eyes, felt her fingernails catch on stitched wounds across his arms and back...

Angelo laughed as he watched his prey lurch out of the Love Tub and scramble away when he had had his fun with her. What she would remember of this night, he did not care. In the bright light of day, who could see his face as more than a nightmare? Any crows of scorn and blame would come home to John, the man he could not live without, even as he made sport of his life.
Top Secret Researcher
#1368 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 4:16 AM
I attempted to plan a wedding of Richard Lillard and Aisha Hunter. Aisha phoned her family and friends to attend, then Richard rang up sick for work. The guests come round and a couple of them start fighting. Where's Richard? The idiot had gone to work! Aisha sadly said goodbye to everyone - no point them hanging around. One disaster of a party. She tried again when Richard returned. He wanted to go to bed but she was having none of that. Aisha phoned everyone again except the person who had a fight with her father. Finally, a success and the guests behaved themselves (not even bothering to visit a bathroom).
Scholar
#1369 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 7:17 AM
The Chandelier Restaurant.

Miran Jones said goodbye to halve of his children. His oldest son and 5 of his other children have stayed to continue to run the restaurant. one has gone to live with Tara Kat at her request. the other five are not sure where they are going to move to.
Shelby Hunter (Miran's Sister) wonders how he had 12 adult children at home.
The resturant is now getting more popular than before, it is also eaiser for the family to run it.
Forum Resident
#1370 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 9:45 AM
There were only four police still in the barracks at the start of summer. Suzanne is indifferent to her career, but she's shown no other sign of wanting to change to her dream job yet so she's continuing to serve as a gate guard. She spent a lot of her summer making friends with the two newer police officers, Vanessa and Simon, and going on dates with Claire from the military barracks. Nellie Grange spent a lot of her free time reading, but as she's now in command of the whole police force, she will have to spend more time directing recruitment and training. Nellie would like to get married to Jacob Swift, but she knows he's not ready yet and she's willing to wait for now. Simon has proven to be a diligent new recruit, and he received a couple of promotions over the summer. He now has higher rank than Suzanne, and she's been on the force for a year longer than him. His rapid rise doesn't bother her, though, and they are now best friends. Simon's sister Vanessa is completely unsuited to serve as part of the city watch. She had been on probation following a fairly disastrous spring and her personal life got in the way of her duties in the summer, so she ended up leaving the police force.

Vanessa had gotten engaged to Andrew Cooper during the spring. In the summer, she invited him on a date, and he rolled a fear of marriage to her, and wants to marry three other women. He didn't tell her of those wants or fears, and he also rolled a wants to kiss and woohoo with Vanessa during the date; by the end of the date, they were woohooing in the hay in the loft over the stable. Just as the date ended, one of the women that Andrew had rolled a want to marry strolled onto the lot and kissed Andrew. Vanessa fell out of love and slapped him. Andrew retaliated, and Vanessa then started arguing with Wendy as well. Then Vanessa broke the engagement and then wept while Andrew kissed Wendy again. Vanessa continued with shove and slap interactions with Andrew and Wendy until Nellie asked everyone to leave the lot and sent Vanessa to clean the latrines to cool down. A few hours later, Vanessa rolled a want to get married (to anyone), and she asked a friend on a date. She and Eddie quickly fell in love, but the date was difficult because of Vanessa had a touch of nausea. They still had a good time, and Eddie called for a date the next day. By that time, Vanessa was certain that she was pregnant, and had been removed from the city watch for slapping Andrew yet again. I have no idea why Andrew kept walking onto the lot - he didn't act furious, and came over every day to hang about, and if asked to leave he'd be back a few hours later. Vanessa was fairly sure the baby was Andrew's but there was a remote chance it was Eddie's and she decided not to tell Eddie it might not be his. Eddie seemed thrilled Vanessa was pregnant, and he rolled a want to get engaged to her almost as soon as their second date started. They got engaged on that date, and then they hung about together to wait for Simon's work shift to finish. Eddie and Vanessa got married with Simon as one of their witnesses. Eddie Young has built a small poultry farm on the edge of town, and he and Vanessa will be raising chickens. Both are family sims, and the house has plenty of room for many children. Vanessa is much happier with farm life than the barracks; hopefully her clumsiness doesn't lead to more fires or broken water buckets.

At the blacksmith's, the Gavigan teens spent the summer learning to work with metal from their mother. Mary was tiring easily due to another pregnancy, and she gave birth to their seventh child on the second day of summer. Luke was fairly uninterested in learning to work with metal, so he started helping care for baby Jane and selling the metal things made by his parents and brother. Nathan worked very hard on becoming a more skillful knight. He went on a short campaign on the mainland, and saved an allied king in a battle against the island's enemies. As a result of his heroism, he was promoted, but he now is very concerned that his skill lags behind his rank. The children, Marianne and Mathew, spent the summer playing with the children who came by the smithy and playing peekaboo with toddler Christine. Jane become a toddler on the last day of summer.
Forum Resident
#1371 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 3:32 PM
Harlow Caldwell:

Finally, a boy! The Cho-Riley's welcomed the first baby boy in Harlow, and a little sadly, that caps off their family for now as Vivian is 46 now and will age up in one day. I had her pregnancy sped up with an express delivery to avoid the end-of-stage shenanigans. In other games, she's managed to get pregnant for Timothy twice before she was anywhere near aging up, but in this iteration of Harlow, she's a little older than him. He's still got a few months before he becomes an 'older adult' sim. (It seems ludicrous to call them elders when their youngest child isn't even weaned yet...)

Despite adopting four-year old Ethel, the Clevelands both had wants to have a baby. I wound up directing them to just try for one and be done with it as Marisa was 7 days from her elder transition, and their oldest is 18 and headed to uni in literally a matter of days... sure enough, chimes. Good grief. With luck, the two will live long enough to see the as yet unborn baby reach teenhood at least. I packed them up for a summer move to give them all a little more space (and spend the 41k in simoleons burning a hole in their bank account). I plan to have Marisa buy a boutique (since she wants to be a criminal she can charge high prices...) . Ethel and Todd Johnston have become friends which is adorable.

At the Johnston house, Cathy has a locked want to move out but I haven't built many apartments yet in Harlow, and none that she can afford as an unemployed single mum. She's going to have to wait. On the plus side, she's managed to become friends best-friends with the whole rest of the family including her step-mum. The Johnston's really are one of my favourite families - they all get on really well and it's adorable to see.

They welcomed twins (the first set in Harlow) - a boy and a girl! I almost never get mixed gender twin sets, so I was super excited to welcome Jessie and Juliana! Shea left for work before he could propose, but a shotgun wedding will hopefully take place tonight.
Scholar
#1372 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 3:36 PM
Made a Self Sim. My second try. I have placed her in my megahood and I'm curious to see where she takes me.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Top Secret Researcher
#1373 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 1:57 PM
Estranged twins sisters Melissa and Mariah are both expecting a baby at the same time. Looks like there's still some rivalry going one. Well guess what Mariah, this is your third kid and your house is way too tiny so please make this your last one! Mariah still hasn't been able to find a job in the teaching career again, which is why I'm okay with her being pregnant for now but no more!

They both had boys. Baby Benjamin Reyes and Khris Granada.

Unfortunately their father, Maddox, ended up passing away right before Melissa gave birth so he didn't get to meet either of the babies. But good news is that Maddox's tombstone didn't give me any trouble.
Mad Poster
#1374 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 6:35 PM Last edited by gazania : 1st Feb 2017 at 3:08 AM.
I confess. Bedazzled by the initial splendor of Sims 3, I have strayed from the fold. Fellow Sims 2-ers, I have spent too, too many hours in the bosom of the darkness of night (as in, I'm staying up way too late!), amazed by the features of this series. Sims 3's siren song intoxicated me. And it still does.

But within those rapt hours of playing, I discovered what many here have discovered ....

THOSE BUGS!

At first, they were annoying, but seemingly minor. Error Trap found some here and there. I paid them little mind. Occasionally, a Sim in my user-made's house would disappear because of an error. It vexed my Romantic Sim greatly to find herself about to woo-hoo with a comely gentleman from the Orient, only to have him vaporize into thin air and returned to his place of birth. But she sallied forth! However, strange things are happening a little more often in Sunset Valley, and not of the supernatural kind.

Alas, while NRaas' mod documentation is so simple that a seven-year-old can understand it (thank you, Nraas), other programs designed to fix problems with bugs are so extensive that it makes this poor old lady's head spin. When I finally thought I figured things out, I found out that either I didn't and the game stopped working, or the programs don't work with 1.69, which is a problem because I am beholden to Origin for part of Sims 3.

So thus confused, I seek the refuge of Sims 2 and its simplicity again. I will continue to be attracted to the charms of Sims 3 and will still play it (though I can see why some people keep strict time limits with it, and I do believe that is a prudent move), but Sims 2 beckons once more. And now it's time to re-acquaint myself with building cheats for Sims 2, and most of all, with my Sims in Pleasantview and Sylvan Heights (my custom hood).

Upon returning to my game, it appears that my cult leader in training in Pleasantview has graduated from University and needs a place to start her commune. I plan to build a small, basic house on a huge lot and will add onto it ... I do hope with at least some modicum of finesse ... as she adds new members. I am searching real-life house plan sites for a cute but basic unit upon which I can easily expand (so no futzing with basements or Lot Adjusting this time, nor using too many cheats). I have a few potential candidates, and as soon as I can build a small dwelling on a large lot for fewer than 20,000 Simoleons, will move her on there. She waits.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Instructor
#1375 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 11:11 PM
Really haven't been playing that much, as I have been dealing with real life. Last night, I got the chance to play for a few hours.

Round 9 of my Uberhood is wrapping up. Buck Grunt is moving into his new home, and getting married. As a reward, I'm getting him a cat. When he was a teen, I promised him that I would get him one, once he gotten married.

Round 10 will be more interesting as the Bell's world will turn upside down. Firstly, Bella Goth will have her third child. The baby's father is Issac Bell. As a result of the birth, Hannah Bell will divorce Issac.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Page 55 of 351