Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#5901 Old 7th Nov 2020 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
I was playing around with setting up a new neighborhood, and I thought I'd attach Academie La Tour and use some of the Sims there as the first residents. So I went to the Sharpe house on campus where Roxie, Jonah, and Edwin live. Just playing it to get them through a few semesters, no issues, until Edwin wanted to make hot dogs during a party, so I directed him to use the grill. First time ever I've seen the grill catch on fire when it was outside and not near anything flammable. Edwin managed to call the fire department, but by the time it was over, sometime the next day, every single outside square had a pile of ashes on it, despite the best efforts of the firefighter to put out the fire. Including on the road and across the street. Needless to say, all three inhabitants died.

This grill catches always fire when first used. The more suspicious is that everyone in household has no cooking skills, even if it was needed to progress for second year.
Thankfully I always put a fire alarm on outside wall if there is a grill and I have a mod to get sims away into safety.
Advertisement
Scholar
#5902 Old 7th Nov 2020 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
This grill catches always fire when first used. The more suspicious is that everyone in household has no cooking skills, even if it was needed to progress for second year.
Thankfully I always put a fire alarm on outside wall if there is a grill and I have a mod to get sims away into safety.

Ah, now I know! Pretty sneaky. I never had a grill catch on fire like that outside without it being near something flammable, so I didn't think to put the alarm outside. Although I don't know if it would have helped, since the fire department was called right away, but I have a mod that varies their response time, so they were delayed in arriving. And there was only one firefighter instead of the usual two when there's a big fire.

Ah well, it was just a test run, so not too big a tragedy.

Quote:
what are your plans for your new neighborhood? Are you sticking to the premades (I know you mentioned the ones from Uni) or trying some CAS characters this time? I'm excited to see what you do!

I downloaded the neighborhood that is a tribute to Mootilda. I really like her lots, and this neighborhood is nicely laid out with houses at several different price levels. I'm mostly just exploring it. If I do play it, I think I may try some rules I have in mind for having families work their way up to better houses and more affluent lifestyles. I am also trying out mods to keep townies from regenerating and want to see what it's like to try to slowly build a neighborhood population, since this neighborhood is empty of townies. I do like to start with young adults, though, so they can come in with some skills and relationships already established. This time, I thought I would start with the Academie la Tour premades and also send to university the few townie teens I had (I think they are all from Bon Voyage). I'll be playing it differently from Pleasantview so I think it might be good to have when I want a break.
Mad Poster
#5903 Old 7th Nov 2020 at 10:16 PM
Citizens of Gotterdammerung are preparing for "toughest winter". A winter that is said to be the one which will cause a fog so thick it will block out the sun for 60 (sim) days. In a panic, some citizens have barricaded themselves in their homes. Other Sims have taken to adopting the cold that approaches by spending time out in freezing waters to adapt their tolerance to the cold. 7 Deaths have been reported so far by this adopting method.

On the political spectrum, citizens of the Victorian side have been skeptical of the toughest winter citing it as a means of being controlled by the Tudor side. Victorian homes in the town often have better heating than the Tudor homes, which helps aide in the Victorian side's skepticism. However if the sun is to be blocked for 60 days the power grid which relies on natural power from sun will hindered causing record high inflation for household billls.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#5904 Old 8th Nov 2020 at 3:39 AM
I just added salt production to the community service center in Dodge and it's also time to add prisoner tags to inactives so they don't always show up on community visits.
Forum Resident
#5905 Old 8th Nov 2020 at 1:00 PM
This session I just played Dina Goth on her own.

She rekindled her friendship with Nina after they hadn't talked in a while and she had a chat with Brandi, too. She also invited Nina over, who brought Jennifer Burb with her as well. They didn't talk at all, because Dina had booty called some guy called Richard Breckett I want to say his name was; he's the fitness instructor, I think. Due to this, Nina and Jennifer had to occupy themselves.

As for the work-oriented side of her character, she got demoted and then two days later, she got promoted back to her previous position. She also gained another promotion, earned a mechanical skill point, and is set for another promotion when she's played next round.

Speaking of the next round, she's nearing the very end of her life bar, so she's going to pass away next time. I think Don and Cassandra are going to die next round, too. Come to think it, I think most of the current elders are going to die next round, with the exception of Darren, Brandi, and maybe Jennifer. Darren is going this round, I think, Brandi has a while yet, and Jennifer... I think she has a bit to go. I'll have to correct myself at some point.

Next session, I think it's the Dreamer household I'm on, so I'll correct myself next time.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Forum Resident
#5906 Old 8th Nov 2020 at 2:28 PM
I've updated Satbury's Supernatural Garden lot. It used to be open to the street which didn't make much sense considering it's supposed to be hidden! It's still not exactly hard to find, but it's an improvement!

aka fir3princ3ss
My Youtube Channel
Currently playing:
-Medieval Charter Challenge on The Sims 2
-Ye Olde Royal Kingdom Challenge on The Sims 3
Scholar
#5907 Old 8th Nov 2020 at 3:06 PM Last edited by sturlington : 9th Nov 2020 at 2:31 AM.
I was playing a bunch of young adults to get them through college so they could be the starting couples for a new neighborhood. Granted, I wasn't playing them very carefully, but I've never had so many college students die on me. Five died in fires, one of food poisoning, and one of hunger after he burned his kitchen down and it took a while to earn the money to replace the fixtures. It got to the point where I had to watch them carefully so they didn't pick up a plate of bad food or let the fridge get empty, because if another one died I wouldn't have enough couples to start the neighborhood!

UPDATE: Well, I spent some of today killing off the garden club and the bin families. Then I made my own townies in CAS for the first time. So my little hood is now populated with 6 playable couples and 12 homegrown townies.

UPDATE 2: Here are my starting couples: (1) Max and Christa Flexor; (2) Mitch Indie and Delilah O'Feefe + baby Aaron -- they won't get married because they keep flirting with other people on community lots and getting furious with each other; (3) Phineaus and Marla Furley + baby Abigail; (4) Connor and Marylena Dawn + baby Abilene; (5) Chaz and Amber Whippler; (6) Destry and Debbie Wade + baby Ada
Forum Resident
#5908 Old 9th Nov 2020 at 3:09 PM
I played the Dreamers from Monday through to Thursday.

Darren was getting up there in age, so he decided to throw an anniversary party for himself and Brandi. This fulfilled her Lifetime Wish. Their friends, family, and their respective significant others were invited, in addition to Jill returning from school with David and Buck being brought home by Daisy.

Despite Tank being very confrontational with Ripp and Johnny, the party was a success; smustle dancing is that good. Darren even got to see how much his first grandson, Chris, had grown.

The next day, a much smaller gathering was had to say goodbye, where only family and close friends were invited. During that gathering, Darren and Brandi went on one last date, which was a Dream Date. He passed away, happy; his inheritance went to 11 people apparently, but listed Brandi, Dirk, David, Daisy, and Lilith, I think.

I guess I'll have to see who inherited money as I go along. The party was a success, despite someone setting hot dogs on fire, fortunately it was raining outside.

Brandi wanted to adopt a puppy the next day, so she adopted one called Lenny. So far, he's trained to eat pet food and to stay off furniture.

That was all I was able to get done. I'll have to wrap the Dreamers up next session and play them 'til Monday.

Field Researcher
#5909 Old 10th Nov 2020 at 9:37 AM
The kids who were born in the first rotation of my Megahood are now becoming teens. It's so exciting to see them grow up

Tycho Specter is the son of Pascal Curious and Pollination Technician. His dad married Nervous Specter (Nervous Subject, who changed his last name back to his mother's after they reconciled) while he was still pregnant and thus they both have Nervous's last name. This never bothered Tycho as he always saw Nervous as his other dad, and Olive as his grandma (she even thought him most of the toddler skills before she died). Like his dad, he is a Knowledge Sim.

Lucas and Lotte Langerak are Kaylynn Langerak's oldest children. Their father is Don Lothario, but they never actually met him (or their half-siblings he has with his wife Cassandra), and Kaylynn always raised them as a single mother until she married Jared Starchild once they were already children. Lucas is a Knowledge Sim, while Lotte is a Family Sim.

Scarlett Broke is the daughter of Brandi Broke and her late husband, Skip. Her mom always tells her she looks just like him. Growing up, she was friends with most of the kids around the neighborhood and as a Popularity Sim, she hopes to continue being friends with everyone throughout her life.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#5910 Old 10th Nov 2020 at 1:17 PM
The Dreamers continued.

The rest of their week was spent studying, working, and taking care of Lenny, who aged to an adult.

On Thursday morning, Brandi invited Dustin, Beau, and Skipp over for breakfast. She spent the whole day with them before she went to work. Brandi came home from work that night with a cold, so she was placed on bedrest for the remainder of the session until she got better. She also brought a woman Beau's age called Emily Pratt, who he hit it off with.

On Friday night, David was invited out by Todd Zaidi, a hobby friend of his from school and a mutual friend of Isabelle Lothario. He brought Daisy with him, believing that their mother would want peace and quiet for now.

They went to Bernard's Botanical Dining, where Todd proposed going steady to Isabelle, which she accepted gladly. They then shared their first kiss in the centre of the dining area, and had their first woohoo in the photo booth. The group dined out and then moved the party to Sim Centre North, where they had that much fun, they stayed until Sunday morning.

Meanwhile, Brandi was still filled with the cold, but had free rein of the house, since nobody else was around to catch her illness. She still prioritsed relaxing and getting better. On Saturday evening, while she was still home alone, Armin Bear payed the house a visit and targeted the phone before Brandi could do anything. She was also trapped.

Suffice the say, Brandi Dreamer passed away prematurely and everything on that upstairs landing was reduced to ash. She died in platinum mood and was the first sim to fulfill a lifetime wish in Crystal Pleasantview.

A day later, David and Daisy returned home to see everything reduced to ash and their mother absent. It didn't take them long to put two-and-two together. They placed her grave next to Darleen's.

I wasn't expecting the Dreamers to end on that note for the round. I had plans to have Brandi die peacefully surrounded by family and friends, just like Darren. Of course, the game had other plans and if one poor decision is made when the game decides to carry it out... brace yourself.

I was really looking forward to her seeing Beau and Skipp getting married, at least!

Scholar
#5911 Old 10th Nov 2020 at 6:53 PM
I've got two neighborhoods going now, my small town (MooVille) and my big, sprawling neighborhood (Pleasantview). I went back to Pleasantview for a bit today to get some of my college grads settled.

Biff Broke married his fiancee, Deborah Goth, and they moved into a very nice house, bought and paid for with Deborah's inheritance money. Deborah got pregnant right away. While she was pregnant, Biff went out on the town and had a fling with a cheerleader from university. He's like his father, Beau, in that he can't resist when any woman pays attention to him. He came home and got a job in politics. Deborah, none the wiser, had the baby, who is named Buster.

Biff's sister, Barb, didn't have any real prospects, so she moved back into the trailer she grew up in with her mother, DJ (now an elder), and got a job as an artist. Unfortunately, a lightning strike ignited a tree while they were sleeping, and by the time they woke up, there was a huge fire blazing. Despite the best efforts of the firefighters, the trailer pretty much burned down, and both DJ and Barb died in the fire. I do not think I will miss Barb; she was kind of a mouse.

This is the second big yard fire I've had lately where almost every single outside square had a pile of ashes on it.
Mad Poster
#5912 Old 10th Nov 2020 at 7:47 PM
I've been setting up for a Pleasantview Epic Challenge using a blank terrain version of the town so I'll have to recreate the families with the last names for some of the residents of the town and they'll be starting out in the 17th century and the town will slowly grow over time until it reaches modern times.
Field Researcher
#5913 Old 10th Nov 2020 at 10:44 PM
The Class of Week Three (who happen to be the original Maxis-made teenagers of Riverblossom Hills) graduated from University and moved back to town:

Class Valedictorian was the President's son, Jacob Martin (with a respectable 3.5 GPA). The campus is now buzzing with the arrival of the Class of Week Five (containing the first born-in-game sims), who combine with the large Class of Week Four for the largest population (20 students) on campus to-date.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#5914 Old 11th Nov 2020 at 3:17 PM
The Pleasants weren't the most eventful.

Nina just wouldn't leave Gabriel alone, prompting Romeo to try and cheer him up.

Gabriel was in deep red aspiration and wanted to go to college; however he couldn't due to his mental state. He reflected on everything, including his current living situation, and opted to push himself out of the cage he was in. He fulfilled his wants autonomously, with the exception of a want to get a bad reputation, which fulfilled itself putting him in platinum. He left for college the next day.

Romeo is a really good kid; kind, understanding, and helpful. He was a shoulder for Gabriel to cry on, studious in school, loved his mother despite her shortcomings, and lost his virginity in the hot tub. Yeah, he gave David Dreamer a booty call and they exchanged virginities in the hot tub, twice in that week. He also made best friends with Daisy Dreamer and put out a fire when an arsonist attacked. Love this kid!

Nina continued work as usual. She booty called a random social class townie in the week and rekindled her old love with Don. She also went to get an alarm installed for the car.

Nothing much else happened from what I could think of. People keep kicking the bin over for some reason, but that was it.

Field Researcher
#5915 Old 11th Nov 2020 at 5:06 PM
Cassandra Goth

Cassandra had decided to follow her dreams, rather then Mortimers. If she couldn't have a baby right away, she might as well start a new career. She had gone over to Don, and told him she wanted a divorce. He had been upset, but she thought it was only his pride. He would cool down soon enough. And it hadn't kept him from woohooing her again.
She found a suitable job in architecture, and had started working their. She was talented, and she had received a promotion right away. Feeling a bit lonely in the house, she called Darren almost every day. He invited her Downtown, and they had enjoyed a nice dinner together with his son. Dirk went home after dinner. Darren had offered to take Cassandra home, and the next morning she found herself getting rid of her breakfast in the bathroom pretty quickly. Darren had reacted wonderfully. He had stayed with her since she entered the second trimester, and he was by her side when she gave birth to Arabella early in the morning. They would get married once Dirk left for college.

Mary-Sue Pleasant

Pottering wasn't really working out. Lilith had expressed interest, and she had made a couple of plates, but this wouldn't be enough to sustain her. Daniel lost his job. He said something about dropping a piano, but Mary-Sue felt sure there was a woman involved somewhere! After all, sports coaches usually had very little to do with pianos. For a while, she had tried to pursue a career as a dance instructor, because she loved everything about music and dancing, but then she got fired because she hurt her ankle. She would try to go into a business career. They really needed the money. Gabriella had grown into a toddler. She had inherited Mary-Sues colors, but Mary-Sue seldom found the energy to take care of her. Daniel was to blame, thought Mary-Sue, and he didn't have a job now, nor did he seem inclined to find one. He could look after the little one this time, while she lived her life. He was still cheating on her with the maid, of course. But as soon as she threatened to move out, he came back apologizing every time. And somehow, Mary-Sue just couldn't find the strenght to resist.

Bonus: The Ottomas twins grew into children and at least one of them has a really weird nose:

Sam wants another child, but is also afraid of it. Peter is only afraid. Dora wants a grandchild, and for a relative to get engaged, and married. But David, who has dated Angela for a bit before going to college, doesn't even have a girlfriend after his freshman year. Angela woohooed David, and then got upset when Dustin broke up with her. Dustin is going steady with Ginger Newson. Lilith is still happy with Dirk.

The Flu epidemic is under control since everybody locked their dustbins. I should remember to do that to the dorms before the Teen Drama hits College...
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#5916 Old 11th Nov 2020 at 5:17 PM
I tested the firstborn fix uploaded here in my game last night by running it about a half dozen times and finally went into my Pleasantview Epic Challenge town of Pleasant Valley to begin setting up the town's scenery and to fix the seasons.I found myself having to just run in a normal window like always even with the new shortcut because the boarderless boots the game up in fullscreen and I want a window.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#5917 Old 11th Nov 2020 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enebya
Sam wants another child, but is also afraid of it.
She saw that nose...
Field Researcher
#5918 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 9:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
She saw that nose...

I still hope she grows into it somehow, otherwise, it will be plastic surgery and birth control for her!
Scholar
#5919 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 2:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enebya
Bonus: The Ottomas twins grew into children and at least one of them has a really weird nose:

As Ottomas twins go, even the one with the weird nose is uncommonly pretty. Did you use CC to get them that way? Usually, they're very angular and I had one lot with such enormous nostrils that they basically had a hole in the middle of their face as toddlers, which reduced in size as they grew up but didn't disappear until they went to college.
Forum Resident
#5920 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 3:07 PM
I believe those twins will grow into their faces; they look adorable actually. I had the Ottomas' have their twins in a test hood and their eyes were non-existent; extremely sunken in. They had kids in another hood and I could look at them without getting scared Peter was the father both times, so they weren't corrupted. They never look boring, that's a fact.

This session I played the Burbs.

I'll get Lewis out of the way by saying that nothing really happened with him. He hasn't gotten over Jill, actually rolling the wants at one point to Go Out and Sneak Out with her. That would be sort of cute, if it weren't for the fact that they despise each other and are enemies, now. She called him up for a chat twice in that week, probably feeling bad about their falling out, and they do get on over the phone. How they get on in person is another story altogether.

Other than that, his cousin, Romeo, walked passed the house, so he was invited in. He and Lewis have built up quite the friendship. They have their moments, such as the time where Lewis nuggied the poor kid, but otherwise, they get on like a house on fire.

Speaking of house fires, an arsonist came twice. First time, he did nothing at all. Second time, he set the living room couch and Lewis' bedroom desk on fire. Nothing burned, though.

Jennifer is a very happy woman. She has fulfilled her Lifetime Wish to become a Business Tycoon and has now reached perma-plat status. She's now debating on whether she should get a bigger house...

Field Researcher
#5921 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 3:41 PM
In the 16th rotation of my Megahood, we have 2 kids growing up into teenagers. The smallest generation since I started playing this Megahood.

Isabella Lothario is the oldest daughter of Don and Cassandra Lothario (as you may know from my previous post, she does have 2 elder half-siblings on her father's side that she, like everyone else in her family, doesn't even know exist). Extremely shy and sloppy, she inherited the worst personality traits from both of her parents, and is pretty much the complete opposite of grandma Bella who she was named after. She is a Family Sim.

Jane Smith is Jenny Smith's third child with Pollination Tech 9 Smith. Very outgoing and sporty, it was very clear that she would become a Popularity Sim. Unfortunately for Jane, her father died of old age on the day of her birthday. With Johnny already having his own kids and Jill being away for college, that means Jane must help her elderly mother take care of her younger sister, who is still a child. Hopefully, Jane can learn to balance both family and friends.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#5922 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 4:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
As Ottomas twins go, even the one with the weird nose is uncommonly pretty. Did you use CC to get them that way? Usually, they're very angular and I had one lot with such enormous nostrils that they basically had a hole in the middle of their face as toddlers, which reduced in size as they grew up but didn't disappear until they went to college.

The hair and skin are default replacements, but otherwise there is no CC.
Mad Poster
#5923 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 6:39 PM
@enebya -Great looking twins,I'm sure they will grow into their faces.
It was almost the last day of fall in Dodge for the Hobbs family and they finally got their clothing straightened out as they also ran out of food and nneded to go shopping to eat.They had a great day and are going to switch out their outfits very soon.
Scholar
#5924 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 10:36 PM
@enebya - Those are probably the cutest versions of the Ottomas twins I've seen, and I've played them it seems like a zillion times. You lucked out!

Some updates from Pleasantview:

Celine Pleasant and her husband David are expecting, so I'll be getting a Landgraab-Ottomas mix baby. Let's hope the Pleasant genes are strong. David also lost his job but he doesn't really need to work anyway, and he kind of likes the idea of being a kept man.

Charles Pleasant did indeed rescue Daffodil Dreamer from the small, rundown house out in the sticks where she was shacking up with his brother, Andrew. She and the two kids moved in with Charles and his twins, and the two of them got married in a small ceremony with Daffodil's sister, Dawn, as the witness. According to Charles's wishes, Daffodil quit her Paranormal job and gave up her dream/fantasy of starting a cult. Andrew had had the flu for a while, and when I went in to check on him after everyone moved out, he up and died in the bathroom. So I guess that all worked out.

Thor Broke also married Valentine Ottomas, and she got pregnant right away. But she has the flu, too, so I'll have to keep an eye on her.
Mad Poster
#5925 Old 13th Nov 2020 at 12:57 AM
Kind of upsetting for me to read of the death of a Sim called Andrew. I fear I might go into a terminal decline if my Andrew were to die.

There have been a lot of changes in Veronaville in the last few weeks, as I've been playing at an unprecedented rate on my new computer. I've slowed down a little in the last few days, but nonetheless have played 25 households since starting playing on the new computer a month ago. I have been sticking quite rigidly to the 24 hour rotation that I'm supposed to play. Usually I'm very loose with my rotations. Amongst major changes are Kent Capp moving out of Regan and Cornwall's downtown house, and into the one next door, which he now shares with his boyfriend Daniel. Brigitte Moltke grew up from a child to a teen -- the very first child-to-teen birthday in my whole game! There were two weddings at Capp Manor: Tybalt married Lexie Kauker, and Consort married April Hutchins. I expect both couples to move out of Capp Manor in the next rotation. In addition to Lexie Kauker moving out of the Teen Townie hostel to marry Tybalt, Keith Cormier has also moved out and gone to to Monopolis as a local representative of Jones & Moltke Ltd. His girlfriend Mallory Mace should follow him shortly. Ginger Newson has had her first kiss. CAS townie Donald Dent moved in to Lexie's old twin room in the Teen Townie Hostel, and invited Ginger to a midnight meal out at TeenMealz, followed by a pillow fight and that first kiss.

So all in all, quite a lot has been happening. I can hardly claim that the events of a month ago are "happening right now" so I think I'll post in detail on the newest and most important of these events here in this thread, and report on the earlier ones in Emperor Crat's "What's Going On In Your Game (TS2)?" group. I have been keeping notes in the game's Storytelling facility.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Page 237 of 351