Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#5976 Old 25th Nov 2020 at 1:44 PM
The Singles were played this round. Since Erin's passing, there's only Lola, Chloe, and Kristen remaining.

The first day was spent combating the flu, because it turns out that Lola and Chloe hadn't been cured during Pol and Jenny's anniversary party. Either that, or Kristen gave them the flu again, but either way, that was how the first day was spent.

They were all cured by the time Tuesday rolled around.

Chloe was on the bench mostly, she just went to work and took care of her needs. She's currently in love with one of Kristen's co-workers called Nolan Custer and booty called him at one point, but other than that, she doesn't have much going on with her.

Kristen on the other hand got promoted to an All-Star that Smash Mouth would be proud of; Althetic Lvl 5. She also fell in love with Don Lothario, did the nasty with him in the hot tub, and fell pregnant. By the end of the session, she was in her second trimester.

Lola went Downtown in an effort to look for a rich sim to marry, but found some guy called Ratna Jitmakusol instead.

Other events happened Downtown too, such as Daisy Dreamer and Nichol Loner sharing their first kiss, and Nina Caliente doing a public woohoo in the photo booth with Lazlo Curious. Yup... that happend.

Lola was Downtown for 28 hours, returning on Wednesday afternoon to talk to this Ratna guy some more on the phone. Later in the week, she invited him over, where they got closer, even having their first woohoo in the hot tub.

She proposed moving in to him; he rejected the offer.

The next day he came over and they fell in love for real; this time, he accepted moving in with her. Lola was that excited she proposed to him and he accepted. They threw a wedding party the same day, inviting family, friends, and plus ones.

The party was mostly spent complaining about everyone stinking, battling for the toilet, eating cold turkey, and catching the flu (thanks, Scout!). Fortunately, none of the Singles household caught it.

After the wedding ceremony, Tank and Johnny got into a fight, as they usually do; the only difference is that this time, Tank's daughter Scout witnessed this and ran off crying. The fight animation was cut short and it was Johnny who ran after her to console her; this was my first time seeing this in my own game and it was quite wholesome. Circumstances could have been better, but it's such a nice interaction.

It also showed me, that Tank isn't father of the year currently; he attacked Johnny, upsetting his own child, and he just walked passed her like nothing was happening, while his enemy comforted her... he's close with Scout, so why he didn't bother, I don't know.

I also gathered that Kristen can look after herself; I didn't do anything for her and her needs were in the green as she took herself to bed. Well done, Kristen!

Lola is now 'Lola Jitmakusol,' it just rolls off the tongue, doesn't it?

I'm going to stop here before I ramble, but that was it for the Singles. More eventful than I was expecting, but I won't complain.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#5977 Old 25th Nov 2020 at 6:29 PM
I just started adding library functionality to the Dodge community service center in a town editing of the community lots.I have to play in the Jankowsky household next time in my game.
Field Researcher
#5978 Old 25th Nov 2020 at 7:40 PM
What's happening? I reinstalled the game a few days ago, and already, Brandi Broke is driving me crazy. One daughter from Skip, twins from Daniel Pleasant and she's now in love with a downtownie (she went for them on her own, I only make sure she doesn't die from exhaustion and hunger as she tends to do). And Dustin, who basically raised his younger brother and sister, is headed off to college. Serves me right for thinking Pleasantview was boring!!!
Mad Poster
#5979 Old 25th Nov 2020 at 8:17 PM Last edited by HarVee : 26th Nov 2020 at 3:24 AM.
Counting Crows' Big Yellow Taxi has been a prominent theme for Cutley. Many of the citizens are beginning singing their Simlish version as a protest for the recent motion 8b-Za which allows the city to charge money for parking. This comes at a time when recent city expansion has led many once-green areas now concrete lots.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Scholar
#5980 Old 25th Nov 2020 at 10:09 PM
My MooVille families have all caught up to the end of the third week. I didn't play Flexor or Furley as they were already at the end of the week.

In the Indie family, Aaron would like to go to college, but he needs to pull up his grades first, as he has a D+. His sister, Gwen, has perfect grades and got herself into private school (they are probably the only family that can afford it). Mitch has started playing jazz piano at the coffeeshop for tips.

The Dawn family is barely scraping by. Marylena got a promotion, which allowed them to buy a new computer when the old one broke. Chloe-Ann then won two scholarships and had enough in savings to afford college, so she went. Judy wants to go too, and she got one scholarship, so she may room with Chloe-Ann if she gets a big enough place on campus. In the meantime, though, Judy invited Patryk Whippler over and got her first kiss and woohoo. Tobi had a birthday and aged up well.

In the Whippler family, Chaz's girlfriend, Sahra, told him she was in love with someone else and wanted to marry him! She asked Chaz to just be friends and moved out, so I will be starting her a new household with her townie fiance. Farley asked Brooke Furley to go steady. He also is not making good enough grades to get into college yet.

In the Wade family, both Danielle and Luis wanted to go to college. They got two scholarships each and had enough savings to make up the rest of their tuition, so they both went. That left Debbie alone with Rafi, who has been having a tough time, so Debbie spent a lot of quality time with him. She took him to the park where she met a cute townie named Matthias. Later, she asked Matthias over for a date and made him a turkey dinner. The date was kind of boring to him, but they still woohooed and got a crush on each other.

In the other Wade family, they took care of the new baby. Destry has decided to finish his degree, so he has been studying a lot and needs just one more skill point to complete it. Rafi called him, and it looked like he was trying to explain why he moved out on the phone. Poor kid. Maybe they can repair their relationship.
Mad Poster
#5981 Old 25th Nov 2020 at 10:22 PM
I ended up only playing part of the Goth rotation. Cassandra wanted nothing more to do with cheating Don Lothario and broke up with him on the spot. I let Mortimer resurrect Jon Smith Tricou and the Tricous resurrected the rest of their bunch and moved out. Gvaudoin did the honors for Rainelle, and she also moved out, and since I'm playing with Tarlia's fixed hoods, I moved Bella Goth in and had her also move out. Leaving the Goths with a mere $120,000 simoleans.

Mortimer also hired a butler. Alexander lives a very simple life of playing chess and playing piano, doing homework, and spending time with his father and big sister. Mortimer is grinding away on a LTW of max seven skills. He's achieved charisma and made a decent start on creativity, in addition to the skills he starts out with as a retired mad scientist. He also added Nina Caliente to his list of lovers.

Armand deBateau called up Cassandra right away for a group outing, which he somehow managed to get Bianca Monty and Consort Capp to sit civilly beside each other at the restaurant. No fighting was had. Cassandra then managed to get into trouble with community time and her job and somehow came back immediately from the outing but then added the outing time onto her work shift. Very confusing, but all's well that ends well.

So then she spent some time thinking and skilling and getting a promotion, and called up Armand for a real, proper date. Wherein they became best friends, developed mutual crushes, and fell in mutual love. Both have been betrayed, both want to reach their golden anniversary, and Cassandra thinks Tara is a decent young lady, though she really doesn't know her very well yet. It seems like a very promising relationship, and since the deBateaus live in the house directly behind and kitty-corner the Goths, Cassandra will be able to look in on her father and brother regularly.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Field Researcher
#5982 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 3:43 AM
Relationships straight out of a soap opera in the O'Mackey Week Four rotation.

Gabe hopes the third time is the charm, as he takes Ginger Newson as his third wife early in the week. The age difference is noticeable, given that Ginger just graduated with Gabe's own oldest daughter and had an unusual, if not Electra-like, relationship with her foster father, Julian Cooke... who happened to be the man Gabe's second wife Patricia ran off with last week.
Mad Poster
#5983 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 4:42 PM
The double wedding of Andrew to Julian and Gloria to Garry took place in St Simeon's Parish Church, Veronaville today. Despite a few glitches (mainly due to me using unfamiliar mods for the first time) I think it worked out OK. With hindsight I should have set the hunger level in BO's Need Freak a little lower, but I'll warrant that Gloria won't be the first bride that's eaten a little too much at her wedding, and had to lose some weight after it. Julian and Garry have both moved into 19 Chorus Court. Which might seem a bit crowded, but, let's face it -- they've both spent the night there plenty of times before. Julian is looking forward to his first woohoo ; Andrew has kept him waiting till their wedding night -- plenty of making out, but nothing further.

Full report and wedding pictures soon!

As a taster, here they are arriving back from the church at 19 Chorus Court. The others in the picture are Julian's family -- his parents and his brother and sister:
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Scholar
#5984 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 4:46 PM
Congratulations to the happy couples!
Mad Poster
#5985 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 5:16 PM
Here is another quick pic, taken literally minutes ago:

Andrew is congratulating Garry on marrying his mum. "We're all best friends!"

The four of them are still dressed in their wedding clothes. Well, almost! Julian has already removed the sleeves from his outfit. He says he doesn't like textiles against his skin! He intends to slowly undress as the evening progresses, so as to be absolutely irresistible by bedtime.

I think that was a brilliant choice of wedding outfit by Gloria. She just bought it this morning. It certainly made sure that nobody upstaged her -- despite some of them trying.
Screenshots

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#5986 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 6:08 PM
The Goths finished up their rotation uneventfully. Mortimer did go out and meet some interesting ladies, but many of them seem to be monogamous. Pearl Davenport has been added to his 'call' list. Gabriella Newson came home with Alexander on the bus, Friday, and admired his fish and played chess with him for hours.

Seamus Coppersmith moved into one of the little white houses, got a job in Paranormal, and worked his butt off all week, while befriending what neighbors he could, which turned out to be quite a few of them, ending his week with a bone phone and enough cash to resurrect both his wife and son, which he did, and is now very nearly broke, but one work shift will fix his financial woes. Whether or not he and Jia can reestablish their relationship remains to be seen, but at least they both have jobs so penury wouldn't last long. He's the local preacher at the Pleasantview Church.

Mad Poster
#5987 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 6:10 PM
@AndrewGloria -Great update!I'm also using a new Mod for motive decay.
I was in my BACC in Dodge today adding lights to a new section of my service center and later playing the Jankowskys for a day.The Jankowskys had an almost uneventful late fall day and got started on stocking up on food for the winter as fall is almost over.
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5988 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 6:49 PM
@AndrewGloria
Sim Sample was very excited today that his friends are getting married. So he used Mr Humble's fancy computer to make them a card. This is the front:

And this is the inside:

They all look very nice in their wedding outfits, congratulations to all!
Scholar
#5989 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 11:50 PM
@AndrewGloria Many congratulations to the happy couples!

In MooVille, the first generation is starting to go to college. Chloe-Ann Dawn rented a dump of a house her freshman year, but it's big enough that her sister can room with her when she gets to college. She went on a good date with a dormie named Clarence, but after that she wanted to focus on her studies. Danielle and Luis Wade rented a nicer house together. Luis is a semester behind Danielle. They both got on the dean's list freshman year.

Back home, Eleasha Flexor saved up enough money, so she is off to college herself. Her sister, Marta, lost her scholarship due to slipping grades, though. Aaron O'Feefe did bring his grades up, so he headed off to college, too. Aaron and Eleasha are best friends.

In the Furley house, Phineaus got a promotion, so they were finally able to buy a new computer. Brooke pulled up her grades enough to get another afterschool job, this time in the Criminal career. Her sisters, Halima and Nuha, became enemies. Nuha throws tantrums all the time and is generally a pill, but her parents seem oblivious to this. I have never had a teen run away, but she seems like she's prone to doing something like that.

In the Dawn house, Judy lost her scholarship and now needs to save up her tuition for college. Shanaya had a birthday (Knowledge) and grew up well. Marylena got a promotion.

In the Whippler house, Farley pulled his grades up, so he was able to go to college. Patryk fell in love with Judy Dawn.

In the Wade house, Rafi grew up well (Romance) despite his troubled childhood. In the other Wade house, Destry finished his degree through night school, and Victoria became a toddler.

There is a new household, the Day family. Sahra moved in her boyfriend, Kaleem, and married him. He took Sahra's last name. He is Pleasure and brought in enough money from his good job in the Slacker career to pay off half the mortgage and remodel some furnishings. Then he got fired immediately, so now he's going to night school to get his degree. Chaz, Sahra's ex, comes over uninvited to hang out. He doesn't seem too bothered by the situation.
Mad Poster
#5990 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 12:42 AM
Gloria and Garry would like to thank everyone who sent them good wishes. They'd especially like to thank Sim Sample and his friends for that lovely card. Andrew and Julian are still asleep after their first woohoo. They appeared to enjoy it. No doubt they'll thank you when they wake up.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5991 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 1:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Andrew and Julian are still asleep after their first woohoo.
Sim wondered whether he should make them a card for that too, but I talked him out of it!
Scholar
#5992 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 5:44 AM
In Respite, Mal and Asia Landgraab have welcomed their first daughter, Malaysia, a sister for Jakob, John and Riley. I just hope she doesn't get the same eyebrows as her brothers!
Mad Poster
#5993 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 5:42 PM
I've been setting the two lots up in Riverdale for my TOT challenge as I needed to have them ready before I get to moving my sim couple into town.
Theorist
#5994 Old 28th Nov 2020 at 12:13 AM
Mayor Garance Rivest got a 12.000§ bonus from a chance card.
Sim City bank made an mistake and send her 12 millions simoleons.
Since she has the proper trait, she's going to send the excess back.
Forum Resident
#5995 Old 28th Nov 2020 at 1:36 PM
So this is just a combination of two sessions I'd spent in Crystal Pleasantview, but nothing happened in the first of the two.

Because this is where they would line up in the rotation now, I popped into the Tribal (Johnny and Zidane) and Grunt (Ripp and Meadow) households to decorate and add essentials, ready for next round. Just like the Broke and Nigmos house decorating I did this round, the sims themselves weren't played, as they'd already been played for this round. I did give Zidane a little 'surprise' with the Sim Blender before I moved on to decorate Ripp's place; I'll explain the narrative purpose of this when the time comes next round.

The second session was the Uni round, which I was able to do in one sitting.

Gabriel Pleasant's horrible reputation followed him it seemed, as nobody wanted to be friends with him, but he didn't care. In Freshmen year, he decided to major in History and had the skills to get a B, which is what he got.

In Sophomore year, he had the skills for a C, which was lucky as he had no skilling wants; only had great-and-not-annoying hobby wants. He met Monica Bratford and her friend Sarah Love; he had two bolts with the former. He shared his first kiss with Monica and developed a crush on her. He got a C.

In Junior Year, he became best friends with Monica and got put on academic probation, as he still didn't want to skill. This is when Buck Grunt joined as a Freshman who wanted to major in Drama.

I decided to change my approach to uni. If a sim has a high interest in either Work or School, I will have them study and get the high grades regardless of wants. This is because I don't think it makes sense for someone who loves to work and study, not bother trying to achieve. I'll define it like this:

5 or under - I will go by their wants; if they want to study they will do it, if not, they won't.
6 or 7 - They will go for a passing grade minimum, B would be the maximum, regardless of wants.
8 and over - High grades, Dean's List, regardless of wants.

If they just so happen to have enough skills for high grades and things upon arriving at uni, even when they don't fall into the brackets I've set, then that's that. These are just a base for those with no skills.

I'm going to use these uni round students, except for Gabriel, as ginuea pigs. Buck has a high interest in school (7), at least in my game, so he will study regardless of wants. If they don't reach their goal, it doesnt matter, at least they tried.

Gabriel got expelled and Buck got a B for his first year. Jill then joined as a Freshman, who also wanted to major in Drama with an extremely high interest in school; 9/10. She also had the flu until Sophomore year, but was still able to work and recover.

Buck got a B for Sophomore Year and Jill got a B for Freshman Year. This is where I decided to apply these rules, hence Jill's grade here. Buck got C+ for his Junior Year and Jill got a C+ for Sophomore Year; she'd filled the progress bar up, but didn't go to classes due to the flu, so couldn't build her progress bar. She did her term paper, though.

This is where I stopped, since David, who is only 2 days younger than Jill, needs to catch up when he gets to uni next round.

That's it for round six. Next update for this hood, I'll begin the seventh round.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#5996 Old 28th Nov 2020 at 4:40 PM
I've been testing out a new color option for driveways to make them not so visible in Dodge on one of the home lots.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#5997 Old 28th Nov 2020 at 11:01 PM
Well, I managed to do something Friday, and put in the Kim lot, only to find there were just one sim and one dog in it, and all the memories were $Subject. Argh. I *think* I was dozing off Thursday and force exited or something? And then when I loaded it the next day, the Kim house wasn't there, and so I put it where I had put it, and yeah. Don't play while that tired.

Scraped megahood. Created new megahood.

Scholar
#5998 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 1:40 AM
Here's what's happening in MooVille.

University highlights: Farley Whippler started seeing Danielle Wade; it didn't take too long for them to get engaged and move in together. Sisters and roommates Eleasha and Marta Flexor are both in love with Luis Wade; Eleasha is more serious while Marta wants to play the field--not sure how this will turn out, but for now, Marta is being discreet. And Aaron O'Feefe is just being a good student and not doing much interesting.

Back in town:

In the Flexor family, Max went on an all-night date with a townie. It didn't take long for Christa to find out about it, but Max quickly sweet-talked her into not being furious with him.

In the Indie family, Mitch has been playing at the piano bar every day and maximized the creativity skill. Gwen won three scholarships and maximized the cleaning skill, so she will be moving to university next.

The Furley family is just as chaotic as usual. Brooke got sick from food poisoning and had to stay home from school. She would like to go to college but she has only one scholarship, and it seems unlikely she will save enough money for tuition in time to go. Nuha is enemies with both her sisters now.

In the Dawn family, Chloe-Ann had a run of bad luck at university: first, she burned down her kitchen and didn't have the cash to replace anything; then, she went to her final in a bad mood and got put on academic probation; finally, she got food poisoning from bad pizza and got expelled for missing class, so she moved back home.

In the Whippler family, Patryk asked Judy Dawn to go steady, she accepted, and then he just ignored her. He has spent most of his time skilling but shows no interest in going to college. Chaz is moving up the ladder at his slacker job. He has started dating another townie, named Scarlet.

Finally, in the Day family, now that Kaleem is out of a job, he has started playing piano in the coffeeshop for tips. Sahra is trying to get pregnant, but no luck so far.
Instructor
#5999 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 3:24 AM
@Sunbee: I have all the sympathy in the world for you! I had to reset a neighbourhood not long ago because I fell asleep "at the wheel" and apparently did crazy things.

In newly founded Simsby-on-the-Fjord the first babies, twins Isambard Jr and Evita were born and aged up to toddlers. The overwhelmed mother is Eva LigneDeTemps who runs Contes Des Fées Fragrances (perfumes, garden gnomes and paranormalities) and the proud but ridiculously inefficient father is her roommate Isambard Aching. Contes Des Fées Fragrances reached level 6 and got the best of the best award, Eva developed a crush on the business reviewer.
Scholar
#6000 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 11:17 PM
Here's what's happening in MooVille today:

In University: Almost everyone became Juniors. Farley Whippler changed his aspiration to Romance. Marta Flexor changed her aspiration to Popularity. Luis Wade changed his aspiration to Family. He and Eleasha Flexor had a falling out over a flirtation with the cow mascot; she slapped him, and he fell out of love with her. Everyone else kept their aspirations the same. Aaron O'Feefe has been dating a dormie named Mary, and when she wrote his term paper for him, he knew he wanted to marry her. He proposed, and she moved in. She is just like Aaron: Family aspiration, studying Biology for a career in Law Enforcement.

I didn't play the Whippler, Flexor, or Indie families.

In the Furley family, neither Brooke nor Halima won enough scholarship money to pay for college, so they are still working on that. Nuha, however, got three scholarships, so she headed off to college and intends never to come home again. Marla also has food poisoning, so she and Brooke are trying to rest.

In the Dawn family, Chloe-Ann did not listen to medical advice and went to work, so she unfortunately died of food poisoning. Judy won two scholarships and had enough money saved, so she moved to college.

In the Wade family, Debbie had a dream date with townie Matthias, so she asked him to move in. He is Knowledge and is working in the Business career. In the other Wade household, Victoria only learned one toddler skill, but she still grew up well.

In the Day family, Sahra got pregnant and then got fired from her waitressing job. Now no one in the household is employed. Kaleem has been playing piano for tips at the coffeeshop, but they probably won't pay the bills with a baby on the way, so someone is going to have to get a job. Their daughter is named Zoya because I think she will be the last baby of this first generation.
Page 240 of 351