Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#6026 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 3:07 PM
I ended up testing some new CC which was a schoolbus overlay for a house.It might be great for sims living on larger lots in smaller homes running farms on their lots.
Advertisement
Scholar
#6027 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 4:43 PM
I played the Indie and the Furley families in MooVille.

Congratulations to the Indie family! They are the first family in the neighborhood to pay off the mortgage on their starter home, sell it, and move up to the middle tier of housing, which has three bedrooms and more space altogether to acquire stuff. Delilah also got promoted to Business Tycoon, which was her lifetime want, so she is in permanent platinum. Mitch threw himself a good birthday party and aged up to elder. Only Aaron is not doing too well. He took his ex, Mary, out on a date, but they ran into the other girl he is dating, Lacey, and Mary was so angry that she ended the date by proclaiming she'd rather chew off her own leg than go out with Aaron again. (Which, she has some nerve, because the reason they broke up in the first place was that she was cheating on Aaron.) Later, she left a flaming bag of poo on the doorstep. Aaron can't take a hint, and although he is seeing Lacey regularly, he still wants to do romantic things with Mary and become best friends with her again. On campus, Gwen Indie is now a senior. Her professor started visiting her quite frequently, and she ended up having her first woohoo with him.

There was trouble in the Furley family. Marla was having a bit of a flirtation with a townie named Arnas, and Phineaus caught them together. He was so angry that he left and stayed out all night. While he was gone, the flirtation moved on to full-blown affair, and when Phineaus returned home, he found that Arnas had practically moved in. Phineaus then got in a fight with Arnas and shoved Marla until she fell out of love with him. They got divorced, and Marla departed with Arnas to live in the senior retirement community. Phineaus then invited over his friend, Scarlet Moss, and had a revenge affair with her. On campus, the three Furley girls are chugging along toward graduation but not really doing much of anything interesting.
Mad Poster
#6028 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 2:26 AM
The Greeks in the New Megahood colleges are, uh, being Greeks. I haven't let anyone date yet, as I'm trying to get everyone at least the pre-freetime upgrade from the batbox. (I have only so much patience for load, set up household, save, load, etc, so I play a round.)

Instead of making the mistake with the two houses-with-sims I did in the corrupted megahood, I got those two houses placed right away, and then, since I was in Riverblossom, where I'd put Tara Kat and family, I played Cleo and Patricia.

Very career focused, though Cleo met a townie she found attractive and dated once. He is a family sim. I thought he was a Bluewater townie, but his job's in Slacker, so now I'm not sure. Patricia met a townie she thought was attractive, too, but she's not interested in dating right now, being focused on friends and career. Many parties and promotions were had, leading to the ladies being at Symphony Conductor and Horoscope Writer respectively. She invited both Gabe and Jules to her various parties, and while both actually showed up, she never interacted with either. I think that relationship is probably going nowhere, since she has no interest in pursuing it. Sorry, Gabe, maybe we can find you someone with a little chemistry?

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
#6029 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 4:19 AM
The Fromage family is such a nice break from all of my other hectic families. Pepper isn't finding being a mother of four as fun as she thought she would and is exhausted from caring for the little ones. Nevertheless, the family is doing well. Hopefully Jack will earn a promotion soon so they can buy some much needed furniture for the house.

A robbery occurred at the Silva household. Jamie Fraser, the head of the Luna Canyon/Cliffrose Heights joint Law Enforcement department, isn't performing at work as well as he used to since his daughter died. Hopefully there won't be any major consequences and everyone will be more empathetic.
Forum Resident
#6030 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 12:47 PM
Only the Goths were played this round and since they are the only 'Goth' household now, I don't have to specify who they are. I wasn't in the best head space while playing, so some events are blurry, but I remember enough.

Alexander, Stella, and Arthur had the flu and not being bothered to deal with it, I just gave Stella secondary family and had her make soup.

Alexander didn't do much, he had two wants to gain skills (which I had locked) and kept rolling the want for a promotion, but I kept forgetting to have him fulfill the requirements, which he did want to do, so he made no progress on his career at all.

Stella got promoted to Chief of Staff and died... in a fire. Alexander saved her, though, so all's good....

Not entirely as Arthur died and since nobody could interact with Grim for some reason, he died. Sort of a long story, Arthur went to make Mac & Cheese, because the household was hungry, and he set the kitchen on fire. I thought I placed a fire alarm in the house, but it turns out I hadn't; I placed burglar alarms, but not a fire alarm... I tried to have Arthur call the fire department, but he kept canceling the action. He eventually got lit aflame, which was when I panicked and had young Henry try to call the fire department. He too, kept canceling the action. Stella ran down the stairs and tried to extinguish the flames, which was when she got set on fire, and at that moment, Arthur died. Nobody could plead for him and I don't know why, so he was gone permanently. I got Alexander to call the fire department eventually, and as they showed up, Stella died. Alex was able to interact this time and successfully won her soul. Things were replaced, a fire alarm was installed, and the kids were in deep red. Great.

Henry kept catching the flu constantly. He became best friends with Scout somehow, I think it was because she kept calling him. He aged to a teenager with the pleasure aspiration, as he just wants to live his best life.

The twins aged to children; the older of the two, Priscilla, is relatively carefree while the younger of the two, Elizabeth, is more of a perfectionist. They are both kind sims. Priscilla was taught to study by Alexander, while Elizabeth was taught to study by Stella; it may have been the other way around, but either way, the twins learned to study.

On Friday after 6pm, Keith Lothario was given to Alexander to look after, being the only family member he can live with that can give him stable living. The last memory the boy had was of the male Gardener dying. He aged to a toddler and was taught all of his toddler skills, I think, just by Stella as Alex was at work at the time.

Quite a detailed post for the session being a little... I didn't feel as involved for some reason that's what I'm trying to say. Also, I didn't add as much flavour text as I would like, but hopefully I'll be fine next time.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Link Ninja
#6031 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 7:15 PM
I went into build mode the and came out with this

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#6032 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 7:55 PM
The O'Mackey's spent a quiet week skilling and making friends. Jules brought home a guy on the school bus (black-haired teen from OFB) that she really, really, likes, and lucked out in that there were a lot of teens on the computer to chat with, so she's putting together a friend group. Pop sim teens are the core of the teen social world in my game. Gabe didn't have more than a single bolt with anyone but his sister-in-law, but he'd met some people at Patricia's parties so he made some new friends, too.

Then over to Tara Kat's, where Morty Roth showed up as the welcome wagon. She thought he was cute enough, but married. She also met Leod MacGreggor, equally cute, and single. Tara wanted a job, got one as an aerobics instructor, and got fired her first day. Leod called her for an outing and even though she was unhappy and exhausted she went out. Here I screwed up: I thought the Lost in Love hedge maze had a coffee bar, but it didn't. She cooked and ate hamburgers. Leod brought Gabe along, and the most noteworthy part of the outing was that Gabe spent the whole time playing chess with Florence Delarosa. Back home, Tara slept in, Samantha had two kittens, one male and one female, and I left her there because I need to find homes for the kittens when I play other sims, and I always have sims wanting kittens and puppies. She can breed cats all she wants, but kittens need families. (And it is so nice that there are no unwanted sim pet litters, let me just say. I live pretty rural, and idiots from town drive out here and dump their pets, and . . . and I just hate people. Seriously. Day after Thanksgiving we had a freezing kitten crying on our porch, tame as can be, had obviously been raised by people who handled it, and dumped it. Picked it up and it snuggled. At least that one I could save and give to someone who might find a home or take it to the shelter in town, which is no-kill.)

Scholar
#6033 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 10:59 PM
In MooVille, I played the Dawns, the Days, and the young families.

In the Dawn family, Marylena became an elder, but she is still working and has been promoted to Vice-President of her company. After Chloe-Ann's ghost started haunting the house, she and Tobi held a funeral for Chloe-Ann at the local church so she could rest in peace next to her father. Tobi had terrible grades for a while, but he pulled them up to barely passing and was able to put together enough money to go to college, where he will room with his sister Shanaya. Shanaya hasn't been doing much at college other than studying. Their older sister, Judy, graduated. She had gotten engaged to Patryk Whippler while in college, but he's a few semesters behind her, so she has returned to MooVille to find a place for them to live.

In the Day family, Zoya grew up well, and Kaleem also had a birthday and became an elder. Nuha Furley graduated and moved in with Kaleem, her fiance. By the way, her graduation party was a disaster because Phineaus hated Kaleem and got into a fistfight with him--maybe because a man older than him is planning to marry his daughter.

Luis and Marta Wade had twin boys, the second set (in a row!) and named them Bo and Benito. Marta got pregnant again right away from risky woohoo.

The Whippler twins grew to toddlers. For some reason, Danielle wants to teach Adam all his toddler skills but doesn't want to teach any to Antony, so Antony is feeling neglected. Of course, Farley doesn't care at all about teaching skills, although he likes playing with the boys. Danielle got pregnant again, and they had a daughter this time, Courtney. After a kitchen fire and three babies, they have gone through almost all of their savings.
Forum Resident
#6034 Old 7th Dec 2020 at 4:46 PM
Beau Broke was played this session.

He wanted to move on from his teenage sweetheart finally, as he wanted to get married. Having the hots for the Downtownie his mother brought home from work, Emily Pratt, he invited her over and asked her to move in. They promptly fell in love and did the nasty on the couch.

On their first night together, the house was burgled. After that ordeal, Beau proposed; she accepted.

Beau was able to cure his friends of the flu by inviting them individually to make them have soup. The idea spawned after, Johnny entered the house uninvited. Nobody in that friendship group has the flu now, meaning Beau can invite his friends and family to his wedding.

Emily got promoted to Lvl 8 in the Culinary career; she was already in Lvl 7 when she moved in.

Thursday was when Beau and Emily officially tied the knot, inviting Beau's friends and family. The party was crowded, but was still a success.

They got burgled over the weekend and they had to replace a 5,000 simoleon painting twice. Emily had gotten 50,000 simoleons from a chance card, so they had more than enough.

Beau and Lenny are bonding, so that dog isn't taking the switch of owner and environment bad, which is good.

That's all I can think of that happened. It was fun to play than it sounded.

Scholar
#6035 Old 7th Dec 2020 at 11:14 PM
I played the Wades and Whipplers again, trying to get some of the babies and toddlers grown up. Maybe I shouldn't have...

The Wades were all right. Marta gave birth to a girl named Diana. The twins haven't grown up yet, though, so they are taking care of three babies.

Then I went to the Whipplers. With a baby and two toddlers, their house is trashed, and Farley and Danielle are run ragged. Then Farley ate some food that had been left out and got food poisoning. Then they woohooed, and Danielle got pregnant AGAIN. I was yelling at them. Why are you woohooing when he's sick and she's exhausted? So between taking care of the toddlers and baby, and Danielle being hungry and exhausted from being pregnant, Farley couldn't rest. The boys did grow up well, and then Farley dropped dead. Danielle mourned him and gave birth to another girl, named Edan. She also got Courtney grown up to toddler. She has no money, no job, and no will to look for one right now. This family started out so well! I liked Farley, and I'll miss him. I hope Edan gets his blond hair, because the older three are all brunettes.

So far, I have seven kids in the second generation (considering my starting couples were Generation 0), and they are all related to one another, since Luis (father of 3) and Danielle (mother of 4) are siblings.
Instructor
#6036 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 2:30 AM
Simsby-on-the-Fjord passed quite a few milestones today: First level 10 business, children from first rotation aging to teens, with two of them already having jobs and steady relationships and starting to collect scholarships for uni. First death when Isambard Aching Senior died of old age. He first came as a roommate to Eva Ligne De Temps and had a brief affair with her which resulted in twins. After that, he glitched completely and thought he was a playable and a family member, even if the game thought different. When Eva met a wonderful man her own age, married him, got pregnant again and moved to a house, Isambard simply joined the family and could neither be kicked out, nor controlled. He spent most of his elderhood looking after the twins and ther little half sister and never getting the promotion he so longed for. He shared a room with the pets of the household and the pets seem to miss him as much as the rest of the family, who go around sighing and sobbing - even Eva's husband, who lost one of his best friends and his favourite chess opponent. But while the sims mourned,I took the opportunity to give the neighbourhood a memorial Park with a mausoleum for the town's founding sims and Isambard's urn now rests in its own spot there.

On a happier note, the industrious Ligne De Temps family also built a gym business and even had time to open it officially before I closed the game down.
Mad Poster
#6037 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 3:42 AM
@AnMal -I would use batbox to see if that glitch with the sims could be fixed and if not revert to a backed up version of my Sims 2 folder where things weren't glitched out and there are other options to try to fix it with things like SimBlender,Insiminator and simmanipulator. I have all of them in my game and many more Mods and hacks.
I've got Dodge residents already getting ready for winter in a big scramble after they got lulled by the prolonged summer weather and are now on the doorstep of winter.
Forum Resident
#6038 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 3:04 PM
This session the Nigmos family was played.

Skipp and Ophelia are smitten with each other, I noticed; they constantly roll romantic wants, both generic and for each other, and they won't leave the other alone.

Ophelia wanted a baby, so the pair tried and it was a success. She also still wanted that job in the Education Career, so she checked everyday in the paper, but didn't get much luck. For the remaining two days, sims would just steal the paper, before Ophelia could even get to it. Job hunt still unsuccessful for this round.

Speaking of jobs, Skipp is doing well in the Politics Career and has reached Lvl 6. He got lucky on a chance card, which resulted in him earning 2 charisma skill points.

I just had a thought now, if Skipp got to the top, would it be a good idea to make him an authority of Pleasantview? Like, people would have to run rules by him and things... Brandi would be so proud; trailer park to mayor! I'm thinking too far ahead, he may not even get to the top...

A random tangent; uninvited visitors. They're Skipp and Ophelia's friends and they love them, but it doesn't mean they can enter the house uninvited. Zidane was generated as a walk by, he stood by the bin and dusted himself off, before entering the house uninvited; keep in mind, Ophelia was in bed, Skipp was getting ready for bed, and it was 9pm.

The next night, Ophelia and Skipp were playing chess in their room upstairs. It was getting late and Ophelia was tired, so she went to bed. Skipp wasn't tired, but he was hungry, so I paused the game and went downstairs to direct him to eat. I jump out of my skin when I see Johnny sat in front of the TV; nobody invited him and I don't even know how long he was there for. The house got burgled after that... Johnny stayed 'til 2am...

Ripp's turn came in the afternoon... the next day. It's only the mentioned friends that do it and it might be something to do with their outgoing points. Zidane has 6, Johnny has 7, and Ripp has 8; I know, perfect right.

Tangent over!

A day before Ophelia was to give birth, Skipp threw a party as he wanted to. He invited family and friends, and for the most part, it was nice and calm. Johnny and Beau played chess and everyone else was sat around the TV.

The next day, Ophelia gave birth to a little girl called Lily; a red head with dark blue eyes and light skin. Must be the recessive genes. Their little family is soo cute!

That was it for this round. I had fun with this lot.

Mad Poster
#6039 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 5:54 PM
The town of Dodge decided to add a floor drain to the washroom of one house already built in town and to start working on a smaller starter home for new arrivals who arrive in the wrong season to start out on a homestead lot.It's a part of getting the town ready for the coming winter of 1841.
Screenshots
Scholar
#6040 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 6:34 PM
Tessa Ramirez, the Village Administrator in Sedona, is just about tearing her hair out. In the early days, the refugees drifted in one at a time; some had enough money to buy an existing house in the village, and those who had no money were generally adults, so she didn't feel bad about assigning them to a back lot where they could build their own home over time.

Lately, however, she's had several families arrive at once, plus there are teens aging to adult and looking for their own place - and Tessa has nothing to offer them! Even with the entire independent teen and adult population of Sedona (bar a couple of women with young children) working construction, and with priority being given to apartment lots, she has a waiting list that's steadily getting longer. She managed to get the Atkins family into an apartment just in time to offer the Welcome Cabin to the Ramaswamis, then felt terrible because later the same day the Johnsons showed up, with two children even younger than the Ramaswami boy. To her great relief, she discovered that Clarence Johnson was a personal friend of Ivy Jakobsons, the cousin of Malcolm Landgraab's wife; she called the Landgraab mansion and a helicopter was sent to pick the Johnsons up and take them to Respite. Malcolm was delighted: Clarence has exactly the skills needed to replace the retiring Matthew Picaso as helicopter pilot and fleet maintenance engineer.

Next on the housing list is Ginger Bradshaw, and a bachelor apartment has just been readied for use - but with the possibility of more refugees arriving and needing to stay in the Welcome Cabin while their applications are processed, Tessa thinks she should probably give the apartment to the Ramaswamis. It will be a crush, with three people and a dog in such a tiny space, but she has other families of three living in similarly cramped conditions. Once the current apartment building is finished, Tessa will speak to Tommy Ottomas (who is studying architecture on the job) and Jason Larson (recently put in charge of the entire construction business) about building some one- and two-bedroom apartments, but it will be a while before anything is ready.

Meanwhile, as much as the village needs construction workers, Tessa has submitted a proposal to Landgraab Enterprises asking permission to hire a schoolteacher and a doctor whenever a suitable candidate should appear; the number of people in the village is certainly enough to justify these two essential services now.
Theorist
#6041 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 6:49 PM
Ferragus Rivest got fired from his teenage job because of bad grades (0/20). He tried to plead for his job back with no luck.
As he also plays the role of the NPC paperboy I'll have to find another teen and pretend his twin brother takes over.
Forum Resident
#6042 Old 9th Dec 2020 at 12:44 PM
The Curious household started with bang, shall we say.

First things first, Lazlo got fired from a chance card.

Upset, he went out Downtown to Go Here Sunshine Park, where he ran into a man who offered him a job opportunity in Law Lvl 4. He accepted.

He practiced his charisma, before returning home.

As he kept rolling wants for skills, so he steadily went up the Law career ladder. He got up to Lvl 7 by the end of the session.

Venus has become quite the little brat, as far as her behaviour goes. She helps the maid make sure that the house is in good shape and keeps up with her studies, but her behaviour is appalling. She bullies Lazlo, kicks her uncle Vidcund's grave twice a day, and kicks the bin over.

She even gave herself a makeover to look more goth. She ran away promptly after, upsetting Lazlo, yet again...

He couldn't report her missing straight away, because a burglar had entered the house. He did report her missing, before he set fire to the telescope on the very top of the house, though. A good job he did, as he wouldn't call the fire department, he'd keep cancelling the action to scream at it. Alexander Goth saw the commotion and ran upstairs to check on his old colleague, who was on fire by that point. Alex put him out (I made him selectable briefly), and helped Lazlo put the rest of the fire out.

Alex apparently had a fear of fire after what had happened to Arthur, so he immediately went to panhandle for simoleons in a breakdown. Lazlo's needs were all in the red, so he peed himself, ate, showered, slept, looked at a tire a few times, and then called Johnny, since Jenny was at work apparently, and Lazlo is just trying to improve his relationship with everyone in his family. Why not?

It took 3 days, but Venus was brought home. She went to make some spaghetti and then set the house on fire. Lazlo aged to an elder during the chaos and had a fear realised; he is now terrified of fire and I don't blame him.

Chaotic this session. I feel sorry for Lazlo...

Scholar
#6043 Old 9th Dec 2020 at 9:07 PM
After a string of boys, the first baby girl has been born in Marysville.

Suzanne Lees is the daughter of Warren, an aerobics instructor, and Sarah, a fulltime mum, who live in a one-bedroom apartment in the working class part of town. They had to dip into the rent money to buy her a change table, so Warren is hoping he gets a promotion next time he goes to work.
Forum Resident
#6044 Old 10th Dec 2020 at 1:53 PM
This session, the Specter family was played.

So, as a theme with a lot of the households this round, both Bella and Nichol had the flu. Nichol made some soup for himself and his mother, but unfortunately only cured his mother; for some reason, whenever he had the soup, he'd get cured for a brief second before getting ill again. As a result, he had to miss school and be on bed rest.

Fortunately for him, he was healthy by the next day.

Wanting to gather his friends together, Nichol made a group that consisted of Chris Dreamer, Scout Oldie, Danielle Broke, and Henry Goth. He brought them to his house, where they chatted, watched TV, and played games. During that time, Scout made a move on Nichol and had her first kiss with him, prompting them to fall in love.

Bella also gave birth to a little boy called Sebastian Specter, who is similar in personality to his father.

Speaking of Bella, she booty called Komei Tellerman and wanted to flirt with another co-worker of hers.

Nichol wanted to go steady with Scout, so invited her over to ask; she accepted.

Sebastian aged to a toddler, where Bella taught him his toddler skills. Seb and Nichol get on really well, and it's quite cute. The little tyke really resembles his father in the eye department.

Mad Poster
#6045 Old 10th Dec 2020 at 6:56 PM
Okay . . . let me see here.
Leod MacGreggor adopted Danny and Sarah Critter and did a ton of training. They're kept in the old barn, not the house, until I'm satisfied they won't damage the house. Not there yet. Since it was still winter, Leod had time to go out with Tara, but when spring hit, being a farmer, he promptly became too busy to even think. Also Sarah had her puppies. Leod decided that if Tara can handle the silence of spring planting then come summer, when things ease up a bit, he'll ask her to marry him. Like Tara, he didn't finish his whole rotation: I need to figure where the puppies are going so those sims can come buy them.

The Gavigan family moved into a small house in Riverblossom, and passed a fairly uneventful week. Nathan wants to earn $100,000 but wants neither a job nor a business. Mary wants to reach her Golden Anniversary. Mostly Nathan passes his days fishing (I have the Sun&Moon set that allows ice fishing) and Mary being pregnant and working at the sewing machine. Isaiah paints and works on his grades. They welcomed twins, Rebekah and Zephaniah. I'm afraid Nathan's going to be stuck owning a business: I don't see any other way for him to get what he wants. I suppose he'll sell Mary's products. They're living off their savings.

Since I have Emerald Heights and it's Group Home for girls as part of this, I figure a matching home for boys would be good, and of course the Boys Ranch should be out in the Country. Chester Geike got picked to run it, which with a LTW to top the education career is a remarkably good fit. (I'm thinking this translates to Chester is the School Counselor.) It's in the big house across the bridge. He's got three former townie boys, Merle (I think?) who is Jules O'Macky's boyfriend, Nathan, the other teen, and Angelo, the red-headed child, all originally Bluewater townies. And who knows who else might end up here? I'm thinking about what rules might fit. Older Orphans, perhaps runaways with no other family to take them . . . Chester taught them all to study without having even a relationship prior with them, which makes him a pretty decent caretaker, and they all three like him. The two teens both managed to be overachievers, too.

Forum Resident
#6046 Old 11th Dec 2020 at 8:03 AM
An uneventful time at the Beaker household, which is funny when you consider that they are the BEAKERS, but they can't be interesting all the time.

Circe got demoted, transitioned to an elder, and then got promoted. Other than hiring a maid and booty calling Abhijeet Cho, she did nothing else this session.

Eris just transitioned to a teen with the Knowledge Aspiration after both of her parents. She's coming off, at least to me, as a kid nobody wants to interact with, as she has only brought one friend home at the start of the child lifestage and that's it.

Circe and Eris argue randomly due to their grouchiness, but they get along well for the most part.

Circe also won't stop looking through the telescope, so Nina Caliente isn't very happy with her.

Scholar
#6047 Old 11th Dec 2020 at 3:52 PM
What's been happening? Twins! I've got four sets now. I have quite a few families to update.

The Indie/O'Feefe family: Gwen graduated and moved in with her parents. She is still seeing her college professor. Aaron wanted to get married, so he asked his girlfriend, townie Lacey, and she accepted and moved in as well. They are now out of bedrooms, so if Aaron and Lacey want to have kids, the elder Indies will have to go to the retirement community.

The Flexor family: Christa was able to pay off her mortgage. Eleasha had her college boyfriend Clarence over, and Christa did not like him at all. Eleasha even got into a drunken fistfight with him. Still, the next time she had a party, Clarence crashed it, and Eleasha ended up getting pregnant, so she asked Clarence to move in and give parenthood a chance. He agreed, but he and Christa were fighting all the time, so Christa decided to retire and move to the retirement community. They had the third set of twins and named them Georgina and Grady. Clarence also brought in enough money so they can afford to move to a nicer house next door to the Indies at the beginning of the next week.

The Day family: Nuha and Kaleem got married in a quickie ceremony. Nuha tried to bond with Zoya by teaching her how to study. Kaleem got a promotion, but he keeps skipping work. Nuha got pregnant and had the fourth set of twins, named Henriette and Hayden. She then got a job in the Science career. Zoya is getting to know her biological mother, Sahra, who wanders by the house frequently.

The Wade families: Matthias has finally decided to grow up, it seems. He got a job in Science and married his longtime partner, Debbie Wade (now Dodd). Debbie had a birthday and retired from her job with a sigh of relief. Rafi graduated and moved back home. He is looking for a job, but no luck so far. In Destry's household, Victoria had a birthday (Romance). Unfortunately, there are not a lot of teenage boys around to date anymore, so she decided to go to college early where there's a wider selection.

The Whippler families: Judy Dawn and Patryk Whippler got married in a simple ceremony. Judy got a job as a Natural Scientist. Patryk got a job as a Slacker and was almost immediately fired. Judy got pregnant and they had a son, Jonah. Chaz Whippler and Scarlet Moss retired from their jobs and moved to the retirement community.
Forum Resident
#6048 Old 12th Dec 2020 at 2:22 PM
The Smiths were played this session and although they were slightly more eventful than the Beakers, I'd still say it was a pretty chilled session.

We'll get this house wide event out of the way. Amin Bear came twice this round, once on a Wednesday, where he pinched a painting, but the police came in time, won, and reimbursed the family with 4,995 simoleons. The second time he came was during the weekend; he didn't even get to pinch anything, as the police stopped and apprehended him before he could.

Jenny was very eager to move on this round. With Beau Broke. A friend of her eldest son.

It all began when Jenny invited Johnny over to watch Joe, while she was at work and Janet was at school. He asked if Beau could come with and she accepted. She greeted them both at the door before she left for work. The rest of the day was normal; Jenny got a promotion, told Johnny he was free from his baby sitting duties, and then everyone just did their own thing.

Since that day, Jenny had been trying to booty call Beau everyday that round. She succeeded at one point, but nothing happened; Beau just stood outside before entering the house and watching TV. He probably rejected her, because he's a married family sim, or at least I think that's why... family sims can cheat, but it may depend on a different factor.

Janet wanted to go steady with Chris Dreamer, so she invited him over. She asked and he rejected her; their relationship was high, they were in love, and even had two bolts, so why he flat out rejected her, I don't know. They did no romantic socials all evening. The next day, Janet booty called him and they did the deed in her mother's bed. After that, she asked again and he accepted; they are finally going steady. Other than inviting Chris over again for some slap and tickle, Janet did nothing else this round.

Joe became a child. The moment he transitioned to a child, Jenny wanted to encourage him to be nice; the kid already had 7 nice points, but Jenny wanted him to be nicer apparently. She then waited him to be serious, which was a slight success; he's gone from 10 playful points to 9. He's still playful, though. Jenny taught him to study after he got home from school the next day.

That was it for the Smiths this round.

Scholar
#6049 Old 12th Dec 2020 at 7:54 PM
Tragedy continues to reign in the Whippler household. When I first moved this family in and they had the first set of twins in MooVille, I said that they were doing so well, and now my game is making me eat those words.

Young and widowed with four children to raise, two of them toddlers, Danielle was definitely not doing well. The house was completely trashed, she had no money, and she had no job. She did manage to find a job and hired the nanny so she could go to work. On her first day, she came home with a cold. Well, her reserves must have been very depleted because within no time, she was dead. Fortunately, the nanny was still there. The kids' nearest relative, Grandma Debbie, was called over, and she moved in immediately, then had her husband, Matthias, move in as well. Debbie and Matthias had to spend a lot of time putting the house back in order. The nanny took the chess set because they couldn't afford to pay her. The oldest toddler, Courtney, did not grow up well. Matthias also had a birthday and became an elder. The house is still in chaos, and now it's being haunted by Farley. Debbie doesn't have enough money to give him a funeral, so they will have to put up with his ghost for a while. Fortunately, it's a little easier with only one toddler now, and little Edan did inherit her father's blond hair.
Forum Resident
#6050 Old 13th Dec 2020 at 10:52 AM
Hoping that I would not quit this one prematurely, I decided to start a legacy challenge (on a shorter lifespan bc I have the attention span of a goldfish).

My founder is a neat-freak popularity sim named (drumroll please) Brunischivilia Capicornbernsen. Beautiful name I know, it came to me in a vision during a trip to the kitchen. Turns out popularity sims aren't too keen on getting engaged, so I kinda had to force her to, but after that she was very happy to marry Kennedy Cox (I figured the Pleasantview townies would be perfect for this), who is apparently a fortune sim, and not romance as I remembered. They didn't have a wedding party because she was dirt poor, but after he moved in, Kennedy started making bank in the intelligence career, so their house is coming along pretty nicely.

They also had their first (and probably only) child, a girl named Bernkastel after the witch in Umineko because I just couldn't find another name matching the vibe of Brunischivilia. Turns out it's not really possible to roleplay with a toddler in the house and the cheapest bed. I think they have a pretty good routine of sacrificing their skilling time to teach Bernkastel her toddler skills and letting the other sleep while they're preoccupied with the baby. I'm kind of curious to see how this is going to develop...
Page 242 of 351