Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 1:42 AM
Default "You Are Offline" - Umm... No, I'm Not!
My Sims 4 game has this hilarious (read: infuriating) tendency to tell me that it's "offline" when I load it up... But only sometimes! Origin is online. My browser is online. The Sims 4 has never been blocked by a firewall but, like I mentioned, this "offline" business doesn't happen all the time - just when it's least convenient for me, it seems.

Is anyone else experiencing this flip-flopping connection habit with their game? It's just so frustrating when I start the game up and I immediately want to check the Gallery and see new stuff, only I cannot. All attempts to connect, in-game, fail immediately with absolutely no sign that the program has even attempted to connect in the first place.

/rant
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 3:25 AM
Well, You mentioned that "Origin" is online. And that your "Browser" is online,

Please ensure the game itself is online too:

[Edit: sorry, re-reading your last paragraph certainly sounds like it's trying, as you say attempts to connect in-game do fail.]
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 4:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by McCrea
[Edit: sorry, re-reading your last paragraph certainly sounds like it's trying, as you say attempts to connect in-game do fail.]

Yeah, settings are marked for online connection, and the funny thing is that I just tried starting the game again... and it connected! It's ridiculous - It's almost as if this program says, "Do I connect this time, or continue acting like a POS? I THINK I'LL CONNECT!" whenever it feels like it. Hahaha... ha... ha... *sob*
Inventor
#4 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 6:53 AM
Happens to me too from time to time. It's annoying because with these settings it should be possible to be online and stay online.

I guess it's one of those mean little gnomes from the game that managed to escape. You never see them move but... here ya go.... connection gone.