Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 3:15 AM
Can't find sim
I downloaded a sim to my tray folder and I can't find her anywhere. I've tried restarting my computer, restarting origin, re-downloading it, moving it to the mods folder, I even tried clicking the "show custom content" in the library..nada. I'm getting quite frustrated. Help please?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 3:27 AM
Oh and this is the sim I downloaded
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=556172
Scholar
#3 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 3:53 AM
did you unzip the file and put the parts loose in the tray folder? and if there was also a folder with .package files in it that goes in the mods folder.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 4:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by amc462000
did you unzip the file and put the parts loose in the tray folder? and if there was also a folder with .package files in it that goes in the mods folder.

Yes I did unzip it, there aren't any files with .package so I just put the whole thing in the tray folder. Here are some screen shots.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 4:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Abibetch
Yes I did unzip it, there aren't any files with .package so I just put the whole thing in the tray folder. Here are some screen shots.

sorry had to resize them
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 4:25 AM
Now they are too small
Scholar
#7 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 4:55 AM
sorry had to resize them

it looks like your arrow is pointing at a folder. is that folder inside the tray folder?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 4:58 AM
it looks like your arrow is pointing at a folder. is that folder inside the tray folder?

Yes I put the whole folder in the tray folder
Scholar
#9 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 5:28 AM Last edited by amc462000 : 30th Jul 2015 at 5:43 AM.
Yes I put the whole folder in the tray folder

Well there's your problem. You can't put any other folders in the tray folder. Every file goes in loose, not in a folder - just loose in the tray folder. If there are also package files included for the sim, it would be CC like skin or hair and those go in your mods folder. I see a couple of package files in your tray folder in your first picture.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 6:43 AM
Well there's your problem. You can't put any other folders in the tray folder. Every file goes in loose, not in a folder - just loose in the tray folder. If there are also package files included for the sim, it would be CC like skin or hair and those go in your mods folder. I see a couple of package files in your tray folder in your first picture.

Yeah after you sent your last messaged I pieced it together and fixed it, moved the package files over and got rid of the folder. Thank you so much for your help, I feel kind of dumb now lol.
Scholar
#11 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 3:31 PM
Yeah after you sent your last messaged I pieced it together and fixed it, moved the package files over and got rid of the folder. Thank you so much for your help, I feel kind of dumb now lol.

You are welcome. Live and learn right? This stuff can be confusing!