Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 2:20 AM
Default "The Sims 4 Has Stopped Working" Pops Up When I Play Some Households?
I have a very new, custom gaming box, 250 GB SSD, 16 gb RAM, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked GDDR5 graphics card, 2 TB hard drive, and recently my sims 4 has started crashing whenever I open some of my house holds in Newcrest. It works fine for a little while and then I get "the sims 4 has stopped working" so far I've only noticed it happening in Newcrest, often when switching from live to buy, but often for no reason at all. I know I have a LOT of mods, but it only happens with some household
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 11:45 AM
How much RAM does the game use when you play these families?
Scholar
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2015 at 5:13 AM Last edited by mummy_001 : 3rd Aug 2015 at 5:23 AM.
Firstly please test your game without any mods.... It will be helpful to rule that out first.

Then try the following if your game is still not working properly after testing with no mods...

Try resetting your Sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, rename your Sims 4 folder to Sims 4 backup or something else if you like.

Then start the game, and a new Sims 4 folder will be generated. Start a new game and test to see if the Newcrest building issues have been fixed.
If it now works properly, exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders to the new Sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders, testing after replacing each one to make sure the game is still working okay.

If the game works with no mods, then you wont need to start a new Sims 4 folder, you will just need to find the mod that is causing you problems.....
Field Researcher
#4 Old 28th Jan 2017 at 9:52 PM
Hello. I have had exactly this problem, but in an added twist, when I try to go into CAS mode, all I have is my Sim just standing there, with only their traits waiting to be filled in---and nothing else. And this is without any Mods whatsoever. I just got a new computer, too. This is very discouraging, and I don't know what to do. I had reinstalled the game as well, with all my packs and stuffs.