Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th May 2021 at 5:35 PM
Default Turn off computer and TV volume
Hi,
Is there a mod that turns off the volume of the computer games and TV completely while they're watching or playing?
I'm not entirely sure what to search for, that's why I'm asking here.
Thanks!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th May 2021 at 6:10 PM
There is a cheat for the TV, if you put it in your userstartup.cheat file it will be active all the time.

floatProp tvVolume 0

I don't know of one for the computer.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Inventor
#3 Old 16th May 2021 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
There is a cheat for the TV, if you put it in your userstartup.cheat file it will be active all the time.

floatProp tvVolume 0

I don't know of one for the computer.

Not OP, but what's the default volume value for the TV?
Test Subject
#4 Old 16th May 2021 at 6:29 PM
It's 0.5. I found a thread here with people talking about it.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th May 2021 at 5:16 PM
Thanks for letting me know about the TV volume cheat. I'm however much more interested in turning off the computer sounds.
I can't be the only one who starts clenching her teeth when the computer game cackling starts? I don't want to turn off all sounds, just that one. It drives me nuts. Or is there anything else I can do?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 18th May 2021 at 6:39 PM
Take them to a store and make them buy some different games? At least there would be variety.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th May 2021 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Take them to a store and make them buy some different games? At least there would be variety.

You can do that? Wow, I really barely know this game. Thanks!