Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Oct 2020 at 7:19 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Edited lots creating strange graphical bugs that won't go away
Hello!

I recently installed the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on my pc, and installed a series of mods to get the game to run properly. I can't remember the name of all of them, but I believe some were "graphics rule maker" and "4gb_patch"

Everything was running smoothly, no crashes, I had no issues editing anything in the map/placing lots/etc. However, whenever I go to edit a lot (such as building a house) it creates these strange graphical glitches that duplicate large objects on top of the house. I don't even know how to describe them and I couldn't find anything about similar issues online, so I've attached some screenshots. Moving the glitched house doesn't make the errors go away, and the glitch stays even when editing other lots. As you can see in the screenshots, the neighbors now have a lovely view of a replicated, bugged-out giant toilet. The strange thing is, when I go back into the bugged house, everything appears normal and I can play the lot without issues, These glitches only appear when outside the edited lot. Nothing I've done so far seems to impact them in any way, and aside from looking really terrible, they don't seem to impact the actual game play (yet). Any tips on how I can fix this would be greatly appreciated.

For reference, here's some info about my computer (I wasn't sure what would be needed so here's a few tidbits I hope are helpful)
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core Processor
Memory: 16334MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Display Memory: 16255 MB
Dedicated Memory: 8088 MB

Thank you for taking the time to read!
Screenshots
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Oct 2020 at 10:37 AM
Hi, someone reported similar issues, perhaps some of the suggestions there might help:
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=648444
Field Researcher
#3 Old 28th Oct 2020 at 2:40 PM
Wow, that looks like a giant Sims 4 toilet! I assume you installed DXVK; try removing it completely, and only use Graphics Rules Maker and 4GB Patch. Leave DXVK as a last resort, and if you really need it, get an older version. As far as I remember, version 1.7.1. causes those bugs.