Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2020 at 1:01 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Why are these two apartments not recognized?
Hello guys,

I've been trying to build an apartment building but unfortunately instead of the planned 4 apartments, the game tells me that two of them are incomplete.
I saved anyway and checked and it were the two that I least expected. They have no balcony and are not on the ground floor, so the easiest fixes and mistakes are not the problem.
I've been looking at the building for the past 30 minutes and just cannot find why the two apartments on the first floor are not recognized by the game. Maybe one of you can find what's the issue?

(The picture with the turqoise stairs is the one of the first floor where the issue occurs. I added one of the second floor where the apartments work)
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Apr 2020 at 1:19 AM
My nearsighted self can't tell much in the way of detail from those pictures. However, peculiar problems in apartments, in my experience, often have to do with improper use of interior dividers, or use of architectural CC that predates AL and hasn't been updated. So that's the first thing I'd look for.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Apr 2020 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
My nearsighted self can't tell much in the way of detail from those pictures. However, peculiar problems in apartments, in my experience, often have to do with improper use of interior dividers, or use of architectural CC that predates AL and hasn't been updated. So that's the first thing I'd look for.

I just saw myself that the pictures aren't too well done. I will take a new one in a moment.
I used no architectural CC so I can cut that out. What exactly do you mean by interior dividers? Half walls? I also used them in the same way in the other apartments that do work. I had considered them to be the issue too.
Inventor
#4 Old 6th Apr 2020 at 1:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Katerina Petrova
I just saw myself that the pictures aren't too well done. I will take a new one in a moment.
I used no architectural CC so I can cut that out. What exactly do you mean by interior dividers? Half walls? I also used them in the same way in the other apartments that do work. I had considered them to be the issue too.

By dividers he meant these very low fences, they're very thin and low (almost flat) and sims can walk over them. Something like that.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Apr 2020 at 1:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Anhaeyn
By dividers he meant these very low fences, they're very thin and low (almost flat) and sims can walk over them. Something like that.

Oh those. Nope I didn't use those either.

Here are some more pictures. Taking direct screenshots somehow doesn't work. When I try to, I only get my regular desktop instead of the game. So I had to use the in game camera
Inventor
#6 Old 6th Apr 2020 at 1:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Katerina Petrova
Oh those. Nope I didn't use those either.

Here are some more pictures. Taking direct screenshots somehow doesn't work. When I try to, I only get my regular desktop instead of the game. So I had to use the in game camera

You can use outside programs to make screenshots, like fraps. It's free and pictures are much better quality than ingame pics.
As for the problem, if I see correctly, entrance doors on first floor have doormats placed outside, opposite to what is on ground floor. Try rotating doors so doormats are inside apartments.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Apr 2020 at 1:50 AM
The doormats are all outside of the apartment. It might just be hard to see because the flooring and wallpaper is the same.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Apr 2020 at 2:07 AM
Alright I solved it myself. The issue were the stairs from ground floor. It was one of those that become four or five tiles at the base which came with M&G I think. Apparently the tiles on the ground floor are also counted for the first floor although it only uses two tiles of physical space in it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 6th Apr 2020 at 3:58 AM
For screenshots you need to use a program like Fraps. Landings and floor edges will break apartments as will backward apartment doors or an opening. For example a door out into a garden that does not have a fully enclosed fence.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#10 Old 6th Apr 2020 at 2:15 PM
The program I use for screenshots (IrfanView) only works with a windowed game, might be the same for what you're using.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 6th Apr 2020 at 2:43 PM
You can take regular old screenshots of the game without a special program if you disable desktop composition on the executable.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 6th Apr 2020 at 7:47 PM
It looks as if there are no stairways between the floors which might lead to that issue.Here's an example of one apartment lot that works in my game that was a custom build I grabbed from my lot library.I was the original builder of that lot and it works as an apertment lot built like a trailer park.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 6th Apr 2020 at 11:24 PM
I can't see much on that picture. The best way is walls up and close-ups floor plan view on each apartment.

If the apartments are just those trailers around the edge I can't see anything wrong with them. Is that a shop front right?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~