Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Aug 2020 at 8:16 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Shiftable objects turn black when moving down, why?
Help please! What might cause shiftable objects turning black when moving downwards. This happens only in the first floor, in the second floor they work fine. Shiftable objects also work fine in the yard. First I thought it might be because room wall had opening, but I tried to build closed room and place the object again, but it still gets black when I lower it. This has never before happened in any other buildings.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Aug 2020 at 8:36 PM
It's "normal" behavior, where the objects think they are below the ground when shifted down below their original level. It is a bug, but there isn't a good enough fix for it. There are some workarounds, though.

For EA/maxis objects you want to find the "sweet down low" project and similar items that have been moved down to floor level, so they only need to be shifted up, or in a height considered by the item to be above floor height.

Outside or on other floors where there is light on the floor below, the bug may not be as visible, at least if you don't look too carefully.

Sometimes the bug gets worse in dark rooms if you get the "dark object bug" too (happens sometimes if you remove a wall in a room with a window or some such, and everything in the room turns darker, but get fixed if you pick them up and place them again).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Aug 2020 at 9:14 PM
Thanks! I didnt know about "Sweet down low" project, so I am downloading it right away. Do you know if it also corrects items that had been modified from EA/maxis object?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 28th Aug 2020 at 9:30 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 28th Aug 2020 at 9:40 PM.
There are a couple larger downloads that fix paintings and other items, yes.

Here is one that should cover UC objects
https://sims2artists.com/index.php?topic=4626.0

(I'm having some device-problems with linking today, but someone else will probably come along and post more links if you need any)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 10:39 AM
One more question: Do these work like default replacement, so that I don´t need to worry I got new GUIDs in my CC-folder, as I have reached my GUID limit and these include over 200 hundred package files?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 2:12 PM
I think they work like defaults, but I'm not sure. I can't open up the files atm.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#7 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 2:52 PM
They should not contain GUIDs, it should only contain the mesh resource, GMDC. I know mine don't. Sometimes there could be textures, but that won't affect the GUID limits. But recategorizers could!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 10:39 PM
Thanks everyone, I tried it and it works