Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jan 2021 at 7:25 PM
Default Still Getting Wants Controller Tree Break Encountered Errors after removing all memories of deleted CC food.
I got sick of all my custom food so I decided to remove it, especially since some didn't even work properly. I know this can cause problems/corruption so I looked up what to do then I opened my neighbourhood in SimPE and went through every single sim's memories and deleted all invisible tokens relating to custom food (learned to make/cooked well/eaten).

However, my sim had just been on a date with a townie and kept getting Wants Controller Tree Break Encountered errors. This resulted in the townie's wants panel eventually becoming blank (on the date panel). I thought I must have accidentally missed a token he had, but I can't see one.
Here's the first part of the latest of many error logs (full log attached):

He does have some other invisible tokens which could perhaps be related;
[invisible] Token - Dining Loyalty {Token - Dining Loyalty}
[invisible] Token - Timestamp {Token - Timestamp}
[invisible] Token - Community Lot - Already Greeted {Token - Community Lot - Already Greeted}
[invisible] Token - LTA Direct Adds {Token - LTA Direct Adds}

I'm really not sure where to go from here, I thought wiping those memories would fix all issues and they seem to have for most sims. Any advice please?
Attached files:
File Type: txt  ObjectError_N003_t7044.txt (91.9 KB, 4 downloads)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Jan 2021 at 11:24 PM
Yep, same thing happened to me when I removed my CC food too. I kept hitting Delete and Reset and I don't know if it was one or both of them, but eventually, most of them stopped and now I rarely get the error at all.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Jan 2021 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
Yep, same thing happened to me when I removed my CC food too. I kept hitting Delete and Reset and I don't know if it was one or both of them, but eventually, most of them stopped and now I rarely get the error at all.

Thanks, glad to hear its not just me. I can hope it eventually fixes itself for me too but I'd love to find out a way of fixing it for sure. Its only happening on the one townie that I've noticed so far but I'm going to want him to move in with one of my sims eventually and temporarily making him selectable and trying some different things with the bat box didn't help at all. Resetting the errors just make want slots go blank and more errors just popping up. Deleting made incorrect wants appear such as 'give bigfoot hug' and 'reach skill level 1 in x' when they already had more skill points than that. Reloading after deleting it just made the errors start appearing again but the wants went back to normal other than that townies with the blank ones who cant reroll any new ones.

I've tried deleting a some other hidden tokens from him in SimPE so I'll see if/hope that might help him but I'm not feeling confident.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 31st Jan 2021 at 1:30 AM
I can't say I ever noticed incorrect wants, but I did get the blank wants. Mercutio Monty wound up going several days with just one single locked want for Romeo to go to college, but eventually something clicked somewhere in the coding and they came back.