Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jan 2021 at 11:53 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default My sim changed name by herself. Is this a sign of corruption? What do I do?
Hi! So, I'm pretty scared. I tried googling my problem but I just found tutorials on how to change a Sim's name.
My sim's name used yo be Maria Lilly Cadwell, and today I just noticed her name changed to Alec Dalton.
I checked her husband's memories and apparently he does remember her as Alec Dalton, so everything seems to be well there. She has a relationship with her kids too, but I'm still really worried I might've done something to mess my game up.
I don't really do cheats, but once the other day I couldn't open the game because some files became corrupted, or that was what the pop up said. I uninstalled the game, deleted everything I could find in program files and reinstalled. Before doing that, I made a backup of my neighborhood (which was using a clean template) and my mods, and just put everything back in the game.
I also changed the language once (from spanish to english), and changed the neighborhood name from spanish to english.

Should I be worried? Should I ignore this? Did I do something wrong?

Thanks in advance guys. If you need more info please let me know.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 31st Jan 2021 at 1:35 AM
Sims have different names in different languages if you didn't give them that name in-game. So yeah, if you change language, some of your sims' names will change.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Jan 2021 at 1:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Sims have different names in different languages if you didn't give them that name in-game. So yeah, if you change language, some of your sims' names will change.

Thanks for the insight! The problem is, I did give her her name in-game
Mad Poster
#4 Old 31st Jan 2021 at 5:29 AM
In CAS, or when she was born? CAS sims seem to be given completely random names in other languages for some reason.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Jan 2021 at 6:16 AM
In CAS, or when she was born? CAS sims seem to be given completely random names in other languages for some reason.

That's so weird! I gave her her name in CAS, she's the founder of my legacy challenge. Does this means I have nothing to worry about?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 31st Jan 2021 at 6:27 AM
Yeah, it's fine. You can change her name back with the sim blender if you want.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st Jan 2021 at 7:05 AM
Yeah, it's fine. You can change her name back with the sim blender if you want.

Thank you so much! For a moment I thought I made something to corrupt the game!
Thanks again!