Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Feb 2021 at 12:38 AM Last edited by adamsavagefan : 17th Feb 2021 at 11:06 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Fixed: Adult Male Townie Base Game Blonde hair Has Become Corrupted
I was playing Pleasantview today and I noticed that at least two male townies with blonde hair (Travis Nott and Toby Fuchs) has corrupted hair (red and blue numbers). I know this is base game hair because I cheated each Sim to the lot, made them selectable, and went to a mirror and selected "Change Appearance". Both hairs did not have any icons for expansion packs or stuff packs or for being custom content. This has NEVER happened to me before. I have tried Googling this exact problem but can't seem to find my specific one. Did something happen when I installed the base game? Pics of both Sims are attached.
Screenshots

Rob Riemensnyder is the biggest coward who ever lived. Stay away from him.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Feb 2021 at 1:23 PM
Have you deleted anything from ingame or in Bodyshop lately? If you've deleted anything that's repo'd or in some or another way linked to or made to blend with ingame items, and these items haven't been properly protected against deletion, this can (if you're really unlucky) cause file corruption in the install files.

You'll want to see if any of the install files have been recently changed.

It could also be they had other hairs, for instance default replacement hairs that got removed from your game, or "made to blend with EAxis" hairs, and the game didn't quite know what to do, so it did this. I've seen this happen when for instance accessory meshes and/or recolors have been removed, but going to "Change appearance" and clicking "OK" should reset their hair, possibly giving them a new hair if that doesn't work.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Feb 2021 at 1:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Have you deleted anything from ingame or in Bodyshop lately? If you've deleted anything that's repo'd or in some or another way linked to or made to blend with ingame items, and these items haven't been properly protected against deletion, this can (if you're really unlucky) cause file corruption in the install files.

You'll want to see if any of the install files have been recently changed.

It could also be they had other hairs, for instance default replacement hairs that got removed from your game, or "made to blend with EAxis" hairs, and the game didn't quite know what to do, so it did this. I've seen this happen when for instance accessory meshes and/or recolors have been removed, but going to "Change appearance" and clicking "OK" should reset their hair, possibly giving them a new hair if that doesn't work.

I have not deleted anything in game or in Bodyshop. I don't even use Bodyshop. I don't have any replacement hairs, either. I tried giving them new styles but those were somehow corrupted too. Right now I'm doing a complete reinstall of the game and see if something happened during that to cause the corruption.

Forum Resident
#4 Old 17th Feb 2021 at 3:36 PM
You gave them different hairstyles and those looked the same? Have you tried giving the corrupted hair to some other sim? Because it sounds like the problem was with those sims, not the hairstyle. In which case you wouldn't need to reinstall, but that might be too late now.

If the problem was with the hair, then most likely that means changes have been made to your objects.package file. You'll find it in the Sims 2 folder in Program Files (exact location depends on if you have disc or the UC). Open your latest expansion pack folder, TSData/Res/Objects, there should be a file called objects.package. If it has recently been changed, the file is corrupted. You can then replace it with the file from the disc / have Origin try to repair your game. Even if you've already reinstalled your game (which would fix the problem as well), it's always a good idea to make that file read-only.
Scholar
#5 Old 17th Feb 2021 at 5:00 PM
I had this problem with brown hair, but it was only with skin 3. I thought it was a hair problem as well, but it turned out to be a skin problem. I changed my custom skin and the problem went away.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Feb 2021 at 9:29 PM Last edited by adamsavagefan : 17th Feb 2021 at 11:04 PM.
Default Fixed: Adult Male Townie blonde hair has become corrupted
Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
You gave them different hairstyles and those looked the same? Have you tried giving the corrupted hair to some other sim? Because it sounds like the problem was with those sims, not the hairstyle. In which case you wouldn't need to reinstall, but that might be too late now.

If the problem was with the hair, then most likely that means changes have been made to your objects.package file. You'll find it in the Sims 2 folder in Program Files (exact location depends on if you have disc or the UC). Open your latest expansion pack folder, TSData/Res/Objects, there should be a file called objects.package. If it has recently been changed, the file is corrupted. You can then replace it with the file from the disc / have Origin try to repair your game. Even if you've already reinstalled your game (which would fix the problem as well), it's always a good idea to make that file read-only.

Well, that file is saying 10/8/2008 so that's not the problem. I'm going to try without my downloads folder and see what happens.

Okay, I think I found the problem. It was a body hair texture I had downloaded that seems to be the culprit. Verifying right now. Yes. It was that body hair texture. Gah, that was annoying. Thank you all for the help!

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 17th Feb 2021 at 10:16 PM
Don't reinstall. Most of the time your install files are not the issue, so it's the very last thing to try. If you are on the UC from Origin you can try fixing your game but make a back up before doing that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Feb 2021 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Don't reinstall. Most of the time your install files are not the issue, so it's the very last thing to try. If you are on the UC from Origin you can try fixing your game but make a back up before doing that.

I found the problem, It was a body hair texture. Everything's normal now. Thanks for the help, though!