Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 2:31 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Making changes to selectable guests
Well, I wanted to change Circe Beaker's lifetime want but then forgot and sent her to work. SimPE doesn't want to cooperate right now so I thought I'd go in another household, invite her over, make her selectable, use the Sim Modder, blah blah save you know the drill. The question of course is, is that safe to do?

Thanks in advance for taking the time with this post!

Also, HAPPY NEW 2021!!!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 2:41 AM
You can change someone's LTW with the lot debugger regardless of whether or not they're on the lot.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 3:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
You can change someone's LTW with the lot debugger regardless of whether or not they're on the lot.

That's good to know, I just want to change it in this particular way right now.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 3:30 AM
Why does it matter if you change it on Circe's lot versus on a different lot?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 4:28 AM
Why does it matter if you change it on Circe's lot versus on a different lot?

I don't know, I'm just paranoid I'll corrupt the game if I do something not included in the gameplay. Especially considering that just playing the game can corrupt it.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 4:34 AM
Why are you worried about changing Circe's LTW with the lot debugger on Circe's lot, but not on someone else's lot, though?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 11:04 AM
If you're that worried, just make a backup first. But I can't imagine why it would be a problem unless you accidentally give her two LTWs instead of replacing the one she has (makes the Sim's lot crash on loading, guess how I know this lol), and that's easily fixed in SimPE anyway.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 7:12 PM
Why are you worried about changing Circe's LTW with the lot debugger on Circe's lot, but not on someone else's lot, though?

I'm not, I just don't feel like downloading it and figuring it out. Maybe another time I'll try it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
If you're that worried, just make a backup first. But I can't imagine why it would be a problem unless you accidentally give her two LTWs instead of replacing the one she has (makes the Sim's lot crash on loading, guess how I know this lol), and that's easily fixed in SimPE anyway.

Yeah, I made a backup just to be sure. I changed it and it seems to be working fine.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 8:28 PM
You should download the lot debugger anyway, it contains a lot of useful stuff to fix things when they go wrong. I don't know of a way to change LTWs without it, anyway.