Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Resources for IslaParadiso.world's various Fixes [update 2013.12.01]

by ellacharmed Posted 5th Oct 2013 at 9:28 AM - Updated 21st Dec 2013 at 6:02 PM by ellacharmed : fixes as reported by Trickai

45 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 26 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#2 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 10:38 AM
Yay! Thank you for doing this!
Damn, installing it seems hard.
Will try it out tonight!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 12:11 PM
Thank's a lot! I have only one question cause I haven't changed any world file for ages. I must import the resources without changing anything in default import options, right?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 12:53 PM
This looks great! One question though- what will happen to our existing Isla Paradiso saves? Would this corrupt them in some way?
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 1:34 PM
@ZenGarden,
same steps to Import the resources as it has always been...just that I mention a way out if some don't like my Lot edits (like for the Mordern Marvel Lot & The Beach Babes' Lot). Opinions and tastes are subjective, after all.
For anyone who has done their own Lot edits, they can skip importing any particular Lot they don't want.

@anie_1981,
right!

@alexspoom11,
uh oh! I forgot that fact! Thanks for asking...
Ever since 1.4x (I forgot which), the routing issues are no longer transferable to any existing Saves. You have to start a new game to get the fixes in the world. I'll have to go hunt down one of my post in Riverview or Monnlight Falls. I'm sure it was in one of those or both...
You can also use Twallan's Porter and import the Sims that you care about into a newly started IslaParadiso game.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 7:45 PM
Does it mean we have to start over in ALL saves, or only in those created after 1.4 patch?
Alchemist
#7 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 8:14 PM
Downloading this is fducking rocket science, like WHAT? I don't get anything and like dahrhrhah hajklfslmjfids nothing works. I'm stuck at step 5 here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...gs/Editwiths3pe

'' Open the appropriate world file that you downloaded the "<worldname's fixes>.zip" for in S3PE. ''. Do they mean the resources and lots? Because when I try to open them that still is in a separate folder there is NOTHING in it. When I click '' show all files '' I can only pick ONE file. Darn it.

And what do you mean with '' worldname's fixes> '' why should I extract some fixes I've downloaded to some other '' worldname's fixes '' that I don't even know what they are talking about?
Gosh, why can't it just be a world that you downloaded since you still need to open up a new game after this?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 10:49 PM
1. Unzip resources
2. Open S3PE 3. Open world file you want to edit
4. Click on Resource\Import\From File
5. Select all content you want to import to the world file
6. Leave all import options on default and click OK, Import, or whatever means "OK, do it"
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#9 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 11:09 PM
Thank you ani but its okay, I figured out that I had to move the files.

AND IT DID WORK! LIKE WOW, I just installed it with the fixed routing and it is hardly lagging at all! You deserve a medal, THANK YOUUU
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 11:36 PM
Thank You ellacharmed! Can you post the applied fixes version as well? I use a mac so I unfortunately can't use s3pe.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#11 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 7:44 AM
How fortunate there are such great people to clean up EA's mess. Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 10:47 PM
This is totally awesome. Reduced lag in my game immensely. Thank you so much Ella!!!
Alchemist
#13 Old 7th Oct 2013 at 4:23 PM
It sure reduces it, but it does not delete it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 8:23 PM
Thanks for creating this and providing instruction on how to add the files to the world itself. It reduced lag greatly (although there is still some but nothing I cannot manage) and made Isla Paradiso playable.
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 13th Oct 2013 at 5:22 AM
To totally remove lag 100%, you guys need to invent a time machine and time travel to when EA made the design document to this game.
There are some routing issues inherent in the game coding and game design itself, that no mods nor any sort of 3rd-party fixes can fix.

And while you're doing this time traveling, also convince whomever wrote the Min System Requirements for the game, to not cater to the lowest common denominator please.

If there are no major issues with this I'll go ahead and prep the .world version...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 13th Oct 2013 at 12:26 PM
Yes, yes, yes. I've been waiting for this! I've had IP installed a long time, but after going into RAEG with the routing problems in Castillo de Ichtaca, I decided I won't touch the world without first having it ellacharmed. Thank you for your existence.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 14th Oct 2013 at 10:02 AM
Thankyou so very much for these, and the resources for the other worlds! Amazing and patient work!! :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 14th Oct 2013 at 5:44 PM
You are a life-saver! I was about to find and punch an EA Dev!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 10:31 PM
After much head scratching and figuring I think I got it installed, right. Now one question, do I need to keep these two files one is a fixed Isla Paradiso Sims and the other is a fixed Isla Paradiso objects in the World Catches Folder, or can I delete them?
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 20th Oct 2013 at 7:15 AM
They are "World caches" to assist in faster loading.
Those 2 files would regenerate, even if you delete them. You only need to delete them if the world don't load right. But deleting them otherwise is moot.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 20th Oct 2013 at 10:41 PM
I really appreciate you doing this. You realize you now made EA some more money because after I heard about the routing issues in IP, I didn't buy it. Now I might.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 21st Oct 2013 at 2:18 AM
Great, it's working great, there's just the odd time a horse has a routing issue, but that's it, it runs like a deam now, thanks!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#23 Old 21st Oct 2013 at 9:46 PM
Hey, I've moved my family from IP to the new version of Isla Paradiso. I don't play in any of the houses you have changed, but I've added fixes to all of the mansions. The world refused to work. I couldn't get to any family. When I added only routing fixes (on fresh world file of course), everything is fine The game runs faster in this town. I don't know how much faster, cause on fresh savegame it's always a bit faster than when you have 5 generations of Sims :P
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 5:12 AM
Quote:
but I've added fixes to all of the mansions. The world refused to work.
"Added fixes" - clarify please - added my fixes? All of the mansions? What mansions, in particular? You don't play in the changed Lots, but the Edited Lot fixes are imported, or weren't?
Or, "I've added fixes " means you had your own fixes already pre-done in a Save game, before using this fix? And you imported these changes from the Save game to the original .world and combined with the imported routing fixes?

And next phrase - "refused to work" - in what way? The world loading screen stalls and then froze so need to kill TS3W? Or, The world does load, but cannot move around in Edit Town nor choose or move in a Household?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#25 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 11:29 AM
Ok, first I've downloaded your fixes, I've added everything from this thread to the fresh (original) version of Isla Paradiso (and only those fixes), all files from routing and all files from all mansions. Then I've cleared caches, turned on the game, and started a new game in IP. When I've tried to choose the family, the "V" button turned grey, I could move camera, press options button, but I couldn't enter any family. That is why I've written "refused to work", cause I could only edit town, that's all. Then I've started all over again, I've taken fresh world file, and added only routing fixes, no mansions at all, the game works fine. So I only wanted you to know, that routing part works excelent, but my game reacted badly on lot's changes.
Page 1 of 2