Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

SimPE - Latest version 0.75f

by Quaxi Posted 19th Nov 2004 at 2:26 AM - Updated 18th Jul 2019 at 4:00 PM by Tashiketh

Closed Thread Locked by: Reason:
354 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 344 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 12 of 15
Lab Assistant
#276 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 3:29 PM
what's the latest version??
Test Subject
#277 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 11:57 PM
Default Blue Flashing
The blue flashing is caused by missing texture. This appears on my neighborhood screen in architectural pieces in my game, specifically the Asian styled columns I have made. I did try to remake the piece a few times from scratch, but I still have the missing texture problem.

The Low Res textures for the objects need to be updated along with the MIP maps. I can't remember if SimsPE had an option for that, but I'll look through it and test things out.

Blue Flashing means missing texture
Red Flashing means corrupt texture

It's only tied into the 3D system, not the object system.
Instructor
Original Poster
#278 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 11:06 AM
@Evil_Pixie6662003
Looks like there is a Font Problem. See if you have the Verdana, and Ms Sans Serif Fonts installed on your System.

@motherspet
This indicates that .NET isn't installed Properly
Lab Assistant
#279 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 6:13 PM Last edited by fairelite : 23rd Feb 2005 at 6:16 PM. Reason: Another question
Does the newest version of SimPE do a group integrity fix or not? If so. how do I do it? Neither the README or the Help Tutorial so anything.

Also is there any way to tell what files are actually objects and which are clothes, walls, etc...
#280 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 11:12 PM
what
ok i downloaded: message comes up i click save to downloads/sims2/ea (or something)
-then i went and did something when it was downloading.
-came back looked in the file folder i wnt to select it then it said select program out of list to open.

What do i click what is wrong? :confused: :howdy: :argh:
Lab Assistant
#281 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 9:56 PM
.zip please? *cries*
Test Subject
#282 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 7:21 AM
honeyblondekitty go to http://www.rarlab.com/ and get winrar, it is required.
Test Subject
#283 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 8:05 PM
Default Neighbourhood view
Hi Quaxi ,

Thx for your great program.

I love trees. So I tried made some new one.

They look great on the lot but are blue in the neighbourhood view.
I thought I added a picture to let you see more clearly what I mean.

Is there a way to fix this by me? :confused:

With regards

Lucas55
Lab Assistant
#284 Old 27th Feb 2005 at 8:35 AM
where do we put the file under??
Lab Assistant
#285 Old 27th Feb 2005 at 8:51 AM
wher can i get Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1?
Test Subject
#286 Old 27th Feb 2005 at 4:26 PM
You can get it from Microsoft.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframew...s/framework1_1/
If Windows update dont present it as an alternative, klick hidden updates (on the left) and uncheck it.
Instructor
Original Poster
#287 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 1:13 AM
@honeyblondekitty:
Just download the installer from the SimPE Homepage, you don't need neiter rar nor zip for it.

@lucas55:
This is a know Problem. You would have to add search and add Texture for a lesser LOD manually. You can start from the SHPE Files, but I never did it myself, asking/searching in the General ModingForum might bring up some more detailed Answers on this.
#288 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 3:08 AM
I Just Downloaded SimPE can someone help me how to change a residential lot to a commerical lot or show me a website on how to do it.
Test Subject
#289 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Quaxi
@honeyblondekitty:
Just download the installer from the SimPE Homepage, you don't need neiter rar nor zip for it.

@lucas55:
This is a know Problem. You would have to add search and add Texture for a lesser LOD manually. You can start from the SHPE Files, but I never did it myself, asking/searching in the General ModingForum might bring up some more detailed Answers on this.

thnx Quaxi
I am on my wayover there
Test Subject
#290 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 8:07 PM
Is there a zip file for this anyone?
Test Subject
#291 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 8:44 PM
where do we download it 2?
Test Subject
#292 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 9:38 AM
Quaxi - can I sympathize with you for a sec? How many times can you get asked questions from people who obviously do not know their PC well enough, that will get no benefit from your program anyway - and will more than likely do serious damage to their existing save games?

Allow Me:

No Zip, No rar anymore - go to his site - get the EXE

Download it wherever you will find it later

Get .NET framework from Microsoft, who makes it. (YES - EVEN I ASKED THIS STUPID QUESTION)

I get updates to this thread in my email daily, and its very funny how often I find questions that people should be able to answer for themselves, if they do the leg-work and search for the answers BEFORE posting.

Too many in this life wanting to take shortcuts and be spoon-fed. You are a very patient person Quaxi - to answer all this AND bring updates to the great program SimPE is - all that coding AND handling all these questions? EEEEESH - I'd be brainfried and sitting in a tower with a rifle somewhere. Likely aimed at all the PC's in people's houses who shouldn't have them .... lol
Lab Assistant
#293 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 3:49 PM
I want to let you know that the new version .22 works great for the EP Ready it took a while but I have alot of downloads. Ran smooth no freeze ups just clicked ok to the error boxes. Wonderful job on this tool. Thank you so very much for all of your hard work. :D
Lab Assistant
#294 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 3:55 PM
I tried to find help with this in the thread but nothing came up so any help that can be given is appreciated. I check for compressed data and when SimPE finished the test I had alot of corrupt files. Are these files just no good or is there a way to fix them? They seem to be mostly make up, clothes ect.. in that area of items. If there is help in this thread help with finding it also would be appreciated.
#295 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 7:13 PM
Dont know what it is but sounds cool!
#296 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 2:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daistarr3
I want to let you know that the new version .22 works great for the EP Ready it took a while but I have alot of downloads. Ran smooth no freeze ups just clicked ok to the error boxes. Wonderful job on this tool. Thank you so very much for all of your hard work. :D

It works with the EP for you? For me it's not working now. I made sure that I have the most recent version of SimPE, but it won't show the Sims in the Sim Browser once I've taken Sims from a neighborhood to college. It lets me pick between the three neighborhoods, but then no Sims show up in Sim browser. Am I missing something? :confused:
#297 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 10:37 PM
It works well if you haven't added a school to your neighborhood yet. I've noticed that in my college-added neighborhood, it doesn't quite read the sims, that they come up as Unknown and Sim Browser is blank, but it reads great for my other neighborhoods.

I hope this is useful.
Lab Assistant
#298 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 4:26 AM
I found out if you disable your Virus Program that SimPE does the EP Ready real fast. I wonder if this could help with modding items and other SimPE features. I know that I will be turning my Virus Program off before I open Simpe. To give you an idea of the difference in the time it took for me to EP Ready I did half of my downloads with the Virus Program on and it took 7 hours for it to complete. I decided to turn the Virus Program off for the second half and it took less than 50 mins, big difference huh? I was shocked to say the least. I know that my game loads faster with the scanner off so I thought I would give it a try. I had read somewhere that the Virus Scanner will keep reading the files as they open and you aren't even aware that it is what is causing the slow start up of the game. And naturally the more downloads the more files it has to scan for viruses. I also want to let you know that I do have a higher end computer so your times might not be as good but I do believe they will be alot faster even with a lower end computer.

I hope this helps you get ready for the EP or at least make it a little less painful.
Lab Assistant
#299 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 4:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SandalphonAngel
It works with the EP for you? For me it's not working now. I made sure that I have the most recent version of SimPE, but it won't show the Sims in the Sim Browser once I've taken Sims from a neighborhood to college. It lets me pick between the three neighborhoods, but then no Sims show up in Sim browser. Am I missing something? :confused:

I haven't gotten my EP copy yet. I was refering to the EP Ready for your downloads. The fixer I guess I can call it. I think the snow storm here has slowed my delivery of University hopefully tomorrow UPS will finally deliver it. I will post here if I have problems with SimPE as you have or if it is working okay. I should have been more clear in my earlier post, sorry for the confusion.
Lab Assistant
#300 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 4:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chahtah1899
what's the latest version??

Chahtah,

The newest SimPE is .25 you need to go to Quaxi web site and download it.
Closed Thread
Page 12 of 15