Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#13576 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Babahara
In Pet Stories, where do you put custom content?

The folder structure is different from normal TS2.

In Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 Pet Stories/ there are no usual Camera, Collections, and such folders. There are N001, N002 folders instead, i.e. those that are situated in the Neighborhoods folder in TS2.

No the folder is the same, if you have Windows 7 then you will have 2 folder in my doc. 1 should be empty and 1 will have every thing in it just like Sims 2.
And just like Sims 2 you will need to make a folder called (Downloads) and put CC in there or you can go to the Graveyard and download the Stories games welcome bin items and install 1 for PS and it will make the folder for you. http://sims2graveyard.com/

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#13577 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dragonflysparkles
So that will corrupt neighborhoods too? And BFBVFS?

Yes, it does.. Be careful when deleting just about anything in the game, excluding neighborhoods, gossip, Sim Loaded tokens, attraction markers...
Theorist
#13578 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
No the folder is the same, if you have Windows 7 then you will have 2 folder in my doc. 1 should be empty and 1 will have every thing in it just like Sims 2.

How is the second folder called?

I have the following folders in EA Games:

The Sims 2
The Sims 2 Life Stories
The Sims 2 Pet Stories

EDIT:

Oh wait now I get it, there's a folder called Electronics Arts in Documents, not only EA Games, and in it I found a folder called The Sims™ Pet Stories, with relevant folders.
Mad Poster
#13579 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 8:54 PM
I missed the EA part in your first post and yes it is under Electronics Arts with the same type of folders that Sims 2 has.
If you have windows 7 it will make 2 Electronics Arts folders 1 will be empty and one will have what you need.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Site Helper
#13580 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 9:39 PM
In general, it's probably better to ask questions about Sim Stories in the Stories forum. Less confusing for everyone.
Scholar
#13581 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 9:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dragonflysparkles
So that will corrupt neighborhoods too? And BFBVFS?

Taking out geneticized (prolly spelled that wrong) skins won't cause a BFBVFS & kill your game/neighborhood. It is fixable (check out the link k6ka posted) but I don't know how, SimPE is likely involved. I just know that the sims in my game that carried a skin I removed I marked as being "infertile" in their individual bios. Its when they have kids that you see the damage caused by removing specific skins.
When I have removed custom eyes from my folder that were being used the sims wearing them ended up with horrid painted brown eyes that can't be changed with contacts. They pass this abnormality onto their kids. For example I had a sim I downloaded, popped him into the game, he became pregnant via aliens. Before he hatched I did remove his cc, his boys both have "human brown painted" eyes instead of alien. I had a bunch of Maxis sims have aliens at the same time & they all arrived properly

Thank you for posting that link k6ka!
Theorist
#13582 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 10:17 PM
I accidentally lost a geneticized set of eyes in the move from one computer to another, and it did kill my 'hood, but I have a Mac and therefore am completely unable to use SimPE. Someone else might have been able to fix the problem. (I'm not sure what set-up Dragonflysparkles has.) I think removing geneticized stuff one of those things that's more serious for some people than others, but that is never a safe thing.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Theorist
#13583 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
In general, it's probably better to ask questions about Sim Stories in the Stories forum. Less confusing for everyone.

There is a Stories forum?
Inventor
#13584 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 11:40 PM
^ found it here http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=674 , it was news to me also Babahara

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Site Helper
#13585 Old 30th Nov 2013 at 12:55 AM
There is a Stories forum?
Yes:
http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=674
Theorist
#13586 Old 30th Nov 2013 at 10:46 AM
Thanx, I couldn't find it.
Inventor
#13587 Old 30th Nov 2013 at 12:27 PM
You're welcome Babahara.

Me-" Thinks Mootilda might just have me on her ignore list. Wonders if it's the caps lock on the user name , the cryptic signature , the dubious looking avatar or another transgression. Remembers he once agreed with Matt Shizzle on a post. Once." Skulks away to contemplate entire existence while also now wondering if Babahara has him on ignore too. Wonders how many people in the real world have him on ignore also , heads to cement pond to do some cipherin' . If you make a post on a message board and nobody reads it , does it use any pixels? ( ends with random/stupid rhetorical question in quasi-attempt to get thread back on track.

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Top Secret Researcher
#13588 Old 30th Nov 2013 at 5:21 PM
Memory of meeting Mrs. C. is not good.

Not questioning the safety of my game, but how is it "not good"? The objects.package file wasn't modified at all, and if it was I wouldn't have been able to install the patches. I installed all of them successfully.

There's no corruption (if any) now, because I reinstalled my game a few months ago and patched every EP and the FFS pack. The memory of meeting Mrs. CrumpleButt was in my previous installation, though I still have a copy of my user files and I could pull it out for you. According to SimPE, memories appear to be stored in the neighborhood.package file and not the character file of the Sim.

Also, this appears to be normal for certain other NPCs, like Father Time...

Quote: Originally posted by Father Time article on The Sims Wiki
Unlike most other unplayable NPCs, Sims will have memories of meeting Father Time, although his face will not appear in the relationships panel. Santa Claus also has this behaviour.

Those Sim's character files are stored in H.05 and H.06 bundle packages, and neither of those were modified.

And let's just be clear - I wasn't doing anything out-of-bounds to the old prude. Wasn't trying to move her in - there were no hacked objects or anything to tamper with her, and her character file was untouched.
Site Helper
#13589 Old 30th Nov 2013 at 5:50 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 30th Nov 2013 at 6:04 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by MOOKIEBLAYLOCK
Me-" Thinks Mootilda might just have me on her ignore list.
No, you're not on my ignore list. I just sometimes start typing, get called away, then finish typing without realizing that someone else has posted. Sorry. I don't mean to offend anyone.
Theorist
#13590 Old 30th Nov 2013 at 8:29 PM
What should be done with a bill carrier stuck in a loop, unable to put bills into mailbox? Forcing an error on him, then resetting doesn't help, he attempts to put bills in once again... and again and again.

Not sure what happened with that mailbox, other mailboxes on other lots are fine.
Mad Poster
#13591 Old 30th Nov 2013 at 9:30 PM
Try a reset on the mailbox itself and see what happens.

Top Secret Researcher
#13592 Old 30th Nov 2013 at 9:49 PM
Mailboxes are sometimes glitchy. I've had a mailbox where my Sims would pull out "invisible bills" out of. Forcing an error and resetting the mailbox allowed my Sims to get the real bills out and pay them. Really wish EAxis actually fixed these bugs instead of letting the repoman pay a visit to players who either don't know what the testing cheats are or actually believe just keeping it on will crash or corrupt the game (the cheat itself won't do that - it's what you do with the cheat. Same with SimPE - you'll corrupt the game if you don't know what you're doing).
Mad Poster
#13593 Old 30th Nov 2013 at 10:40 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 30th Nov 2013 at 10:58 PM.
One of my Sims has lost most of his wants and fears. When one of his wants was fulfilled, three of the four wants slots emptied, and two of his three fears slots. I had hoped they might reappear when his wants & fears usually get refreshed, but he woke, went to school, came back with his best ever grade, and the slots are still empty. Is there anything I can do to reset them? I am tempted to try sending him to a community lot and/or on a date, but I'm beginning to fear there's something more seriously wrong. I don't have University so al my Sims have four wants and three fears (that is except for this Sim who only has one of each). This is the only lot I've played in Veronaville since my last back-up, so I wouldn't lose all that much if I had to restore from that. (I'd rather not lose anything though!)
[EDIT]I tried rerolling with the batbox, and I see he's picked up one new want, to be friends with the boy he's just brought home from school. So maybe the best bet is to send him on a date. That should give him lots of new wants?
Top Secret Researcher
#13594 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 2:16 AM
I would try sending him on a date, and either use this or this to keep the FFS Lot Debugger with you, and re-roll the wants if blank slots show up. If blank slots do show up, try running the Hood Checker to see if there's anything unusual going on.

If all else fails, restore from your backup. Are you using clean templates, or Maxis defaults?
Mad Poster
#13595 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 8:35 AM
Thanks k6ka.

It's my original 'hood, so it's Maxis Veronaville, Not only that, but (when I should have known better) I deleted two Sims immediately after creating them in CAS (because I realised I had made a mistake and forgotten to relate them to each other) so I'm afraid I know it must be corrupted. (I doubt if the two unlinked Sims put there by me made it much worse than the 55 put there by Maxis!)

Still I've put a lot of effort into this 'hood, and it's full of Sims that I love, so I hope I can keep it going s long as possible. I know Peni's kept Drama Acres going for years. I usually put the batbox (FFS Debugger) on my community lots, and I have back-ups on DVD of almost every week since I started just about a year ago.
Test Subject
#13596 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 8:53 AM
Sims without wants may happen to townies if they haven't received the "CAS History". Maybe somehow the person's want triggers got lost. It is possible to re-run the CAS history easily on any person, townie or not. But that erases all her memories too. I have an object for that if you haven't yet solved the issue by other means.

Why would deleting sims immediately after leaving CAS cause corruption?
Top Secret Researcher
#13597 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 12:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by j7n
Why would deleting sims immediately after leaving CAS cause corruption?

They may have picked up gossip somewhere in between. Gossip doesn't necessarily only have to spread when two Sims talk to each other - it spreads automatically, even fresh in the family bin. Also, deleting Sims in the Family Bin, regardless of circumstances, is ALWAYS a big no-no. Sims deleted that way aren't deleted correctly - their character file is still actually there, just unlinked, part of their data shredded and tossed around the hood like a kid throwing toys out of their unwanted toy box, and it still causes overpopulation and corruption. I can't stress this enough - that button must either be fixed or locked completely.

Here is the correct way to delete a Sim. It's not perfect (and unless an expert programmer decides to build on SimPE and allows us to see those variables that EAxis hid, there probably won't be a perfect way) but it's much better than the family bin.

AndrewGloria, the fact that you're backing up is very wise. Your hood is still running on limited time, but if you keep batboxing gossip and corrupt memories, you might be able to keep it going for a few more years. If you're like me and have a strong attachment to your Sims, extract their appearances and save them somewhere safe. Once the dynamites go off and the fires start to burn, you can put those appearances in your SavedSim folder and re-create them effortlessly in CAS. You'll have to start their lives over as they won't retain memories or anything of that sort (there's no way to do that safely, so this method only extracts their appearances).
Mad Poster
#13598 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 1:12 PM
The big problem is that the character data gets shredded. Don't feel too bad, Andy - Veronaville is broken out of the box. Any time you use the base game hood you know that days are numbered. Enjoy it as long as you can and remember all good things come to an end - so you can move on to other good things. If none of my cats had ever died, I wouldn't have the one purring in my lap right now. But my cats live good long lives and I love them while I have them, and remember them afterward, and it's all good.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#13599 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 5:57 PM
Try a reset on the mailbox itself and see what happens.

I tried and that didn't help. The error still pops up and mentions the mail carrier's name

"An error occurred in object E001_User00269 - Scot"

There's no problem at other lots.
Top Secret Researcher
#13600 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 6:47 PM
I tried and that didn't help. The error still pops up and mentions the mail carrier's name

"An error occurred in object E001_User00269 - Scot"

There's no problem at other lots.

What type of error was it? Could you upload the error log for us? This looks like it belongs in the Help forum.
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: 1000 pages.... time to start a new one!
Page 544 of 1000