Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#13676 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 2:16 PM
The batbox has a name changing option.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#13677 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 2:26 PM
What is the batbox?

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#13678 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 2:42 PM
The batbox is the ffs lotdebugger (so-called because it's a black box with the Batman logo on top), the King of Essential CC.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s....php?topic=72.0

Don't let all the scare verbiage deter you - the batbox is only dangerous in the hands of the reckless, and that's all part of the MATY culture. The batbox lets you:

Roll the pacifier without going into CAS.
Maintain good game hygiene by allowing you to quickly and conveniently clear gossip and trash memories at your discretion.
Fix many annoying glitches (such as the loss of wants slots and locks, stuck special effects, etc.).
Customize sims by changing inappropriate LTWs, giving college degrees to sims who ought to have them (like the Curious brothers), etc.
Smite cow mascots (and other annoying sims who happen to be outside) with lightning. (Please do not do this to Mrs. Crumplebottom.)

And other things that will keep your game fun and playable longer than would otherwise be possible. I would have had to stop playing Drama Acres two years ago without it! And that would have been such a shame.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#13679 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 2:54 PM
I know that binning an occupied lot is a VBT, but what I want to know is that will it corrupt that certain neighborhood or the entire game? There's something I need to do that concerns with binning an occupied lot in my test hood. If it only corrupts a neighborhood, I'll do that anyway since it's just a testing hood. I'll delete the hood anyway. If it corrupts the game data, then I'd decide not to do that.

Oh, before you warn me about it, no, I don't intend to move a family from one hood to another. Only this test hood is concerned.

Just call me Nikel
Top Secret Researcher
#13680 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 3:23 PM
Thank you all
I got the batbox and figured out how to change their names! I also got Sim PE but i'm only going to use it to peek at genetics, the recessive genes and all that and also of townies as it seems some of them dye their hair as well.

My Simblr
He/They
Link Ninja
#13681 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 3:41 PM
Is the batbox compatible with the simblender - I know there's a name changing feature on simblender as well - would that be a conflict?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#13682 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 4:05 PM
No there is no conflict between the Bat box and the Sim Blender.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#13683 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 4:09 PM
The occupied lot thing is a matter of shredding the character data, so it's purely neighborhood-breaking. Part of the point of having a test hood is that you can do neighborhood-breaking things with it, and it doesn't matter because you have nothing invested in it.

If an element exists only in the neighborhood - like CAS created sims - it can only break that neighborhood. The game-breaking problems arise with things that can be accessed from the neighborhoods, but exist outside of them, like the Universal NPCs.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#13684 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 4:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
The occupied lot thing is a matter of shredding the character data, so it's purely neighborhood-breaking. Part of the point of having a test hood is that you can do neighborhood-breaking things with it, and it doesn't matter because you have nothing invested in it.

If an element exists only in the neighborhood - like CAS created sims - it can only break that neighborhood. The game-breaking problems arise with things that can be accessed from the neighborhoods, but exist outside of them, like the Universal NPCs.

Oh, I see it now. Thank you for clarifying it!

Just call me Nikel
Top Secret Researcher
#13685 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 5:46 PM
I've seen it on The Sims Wiki a lot, where people just can't differentiate between Neighborhood Corruption and Game Corruption, as seen on the Sarah Crittur article. Game corruption occurs when the files in the C:\Program Files location are corrupted, such as moving in Mrs. CrumpleButt, er, Bottom. Since her character file is located in the C:\Program Files location, modifying her character file will corrupt the objects.package file, which her character data resides in. Modifying them will either require you to rip the original copy off from the game discs and replace the corrupt files with them (you'll need to re-apply the patch though), or for the most part, a full reinstall. If the files in the C:\My Documents location are corrupted, that not a big issue as you could just delete those files and the game will regenerate them. Also, any corruption that occurs inside the neighborhood folder (e.g. N001) in the "Neighborhoods" folder is known as "Neighborhood Corruption". Neighborhood corruption is much more common, and it can destroy years of progress, but it's easy to fix - just delete the corrupted neighborhood. If it was a premade hood, you can reset it here. Or if you want to start over, you can delete the entire "The Sims 2" folder and the game will regenerate all the necessary files.

Generally, as long as you stay away from those dangerous NPCs, install all the patches, and if you make all your game files read-only (only a few of them can be safely modified if you know exactly what you are doing), you shouldn't require a reinstall.

By the way, Nikel, if you move an occupied lot out of the neighborhood, the neighborhood you moved them out of will become corrupt (and if you move them into another neighborhood, the destination hood will also blow up). However, deleting them from the lot bin won't cause any more trouble. In short, it is safe to delete occupied lots in the bin. The hoods they came from are still goners though.
Mad Poster
#13686 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 7:32 PM
Any hood an occupied lot is placed in is also corrupted, which it sounds like you may know you should not do, but I figured it should be pointed out in case someone reads this in three years and does not know about that part of the problem.
Theorist
#13687 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
That's not quite right. One mod is overwriting the logic of the other mod. Sometimes that's OK, sometimes it isn't.

Sorry, but how do I tell which mod overrides the logic of which: the first one shown in HDCU overrrides the second one or vice versa?

Quote: Originally posted by marka93
If you want to try a supported mod other than the un-supported Insimenator then try the Sim Manipulator (at least 1 EP) http://simmanipulator.forumotion.com/ and or the Sim Blender (Pets or higher EP) http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=20.0

I use Sim Blender, however, I read recently that InSimenator can give an adult job to a teen without growing them up and without altering anything about them being an ordinary teen, unlike Inteen! Haven't tried that yet, but that's dreamy.
Top Secret Researcher
#13688 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 8:36 PM
The HCDU lists mods in the order the game reads them. If Mod A was listed on top of Mod B in HCDU, then Mod B's code would override code that Mod A modified.
Site Helper
#13689 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Isn't it said that you shouldn't change last names in game, but do so via SimPE? And the opposite for first names, that it should be done in game and not SimPE. Pretty sure I've read that here somewhere, but no idea if it is true or not.
Pescado warns about changing first names in SimPE, but he doesn't explain why. As far as I can tell, there is only one reference which isn't changed correctly: when you get an error, the error message will show the Sim ID and their previous first name.
Mad Poster
#13690 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 11:26 PM
Sounds like classic Pescado Doesn't sound like it's a terribly big deal, but I guess I'll stick to changing first names in game if I ever need to. Thanks Mootilda, as always.
Top Secret Researcher
#13691 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 11:31 PM
Pfft. Pescado never explains anything. He expects people to worship him, like he's God or something. Many of his mods have horrible descriptions, which really leaves me to wonder what exactly those mods do to my game. I'd like to know! I like many of the things he considers "Not Awesome", but he really needs to understand that everyone's definition of awesome is different.

*stops rant before it really begins*
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13692 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cheshirekat
I think your sims have to visit the community lot before 7pm in order for a ghost to appear. I would always have my sims arrive at the community lot by 6pm. Then they can have time to get needs met and have a little fun before they get scared by appearing ghosts.

Wow this thread moves fast.

I was playing the undertaker who owns the lot. I had him stay there over three sims days/nights. I should try visiting it with another sim. I notice as soon as it gets dark the grave stone makes the background sounds change. The wind stops and I hear more wolves and creepy noises, but not the actual ghost music. It's been awhile since I played a house with a ghost but I remember it had some specific music and sound play when the ghost came out.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#13693 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 12:06 AM
Why is it a bad thing to change a last name with the SimBlender? I'm still going to do it if I have to, because Mac = no SimPE, but I want to know what I'm doing to my game and what to look for so I know when it's time for another rebuild.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Mad Poster
#13694 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 12:22 AM
Social workers don't take teens away, Mark!

Theorist
#13695 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 1:16 AM
Yes you can use InSim to give your teen a adult job with adult job hours which most of them will conflict with school hours, so 1 or the other will get bad marks for to many miss days in each will either result in 1. social worker coming and taking the teen away or 2. a lost job and at the least no promotions.

There's a mod to stop school bus from coming, so there's no problem.
Instructor
#13696 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 1:43 AM
...1 or the other will get bad marks for to many miss days in each will either result in 1. social worker coming and taking the teen away or 2. a lost job and at the least no promotions.

Quote: Originally posted by Babahara
There's a mod to stop school bus from coming, so there's no problem.

Actually, with inteen, when your teen becomes a "legal adult" (I think either 7 or 5 days from aging up), the school bus will no longer come, and the teen's grade will freeze where it is (so he won't be penalized for missing school). If the teen has a teen career, he will automatically be promoted to level 2 or 3 of the adult version.
Mad Poster
#13697 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 2:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Social workers don't take teens away, Mark!

I have never had any Sims taken away so I just thought a teen could be taken away for to many F report cards.

Oh well learn something new then.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Theorist
#13698 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 4:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ttowntallyho
Actually, with inteen, when your teen becomes a "legal adult" (I think either 7 or 5 days from aging up), the school bus will no longer come, and the teen's grade will freeze where it is (so he won't be penalized for missing school). If the teen has a teen career, he will automatically be promoted to level 2 or 3 of the adult version.

Yep I know, I just don't like Inteen for clashing with some of my other mods. Besides, that's the only thing I need from it anyway, so I'm trying to get it from somewhere else. I wish there was a standalone mod for that, but if I have to get InSim, that's fine. At least it doesn't modify the game from the get go, unlike Inteen.
Mad Poster
#13699 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 5:03 AM
The Sim Blender has the same option called independent teen.

Mad Poster
#13700 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 6:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Babahara
Sorry, but how do I tell which mod overrides the logic of which: the first one shown in HDCU overrides the second one or vice versa?

The mod that loads last overrides the other one. So you can change the order of loading by changing the name (they load in alphabetical order). If you have folders though, make sure they're in the same folder because one folder will load before the other and it might not be in the right order.
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: 1000 pages.... time to start a new one!
Page 548 of 1000