Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Buy Set - DIY

by armiel Posted 9th Feb 2012 at 1:41 PM - Updated 10th Feb 2012 at 12:30 PM by armiel

347 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 156 Feedback Posts, 190 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 12 of 14
Test Subject
#276 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 3:46 AM
Ok.. Ive read through all the comments, and yes, i will thank you as well for such an ingenious idea..
I dont know if its just my game or what, but for some reason even with a fully set up counter, when my sim preps food or i try to place a sink on it, everything snaps to the floor like there is no base to it. My game has been behaving a little oddly off and on for a while now, so it could just be me.. because i dont really see anyone else posting this issue..
If thats the case, ah well, so i use normal cabinets for prep and sink.. but that doesnt mean i cant use this wonderful set everywhere else XD
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#277 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 4:46 AM
tbtyger,
you might wanna put the stuff on the slots before compiling the counter/cabinet/etc.

ladypark,
there is one slot on the counter top for the dishwasher, at the very bottom, and then the slot for the counter base. It might be that you have accidentally out the base on the dishwasher slot, and thus the slot for the base is treated as a default slot for food. This also occurs if you use just the top and nothing under it. Sorry, but there is nothing I can do about that. Best to try is just to try and replace the base under the top to make it use correct slot. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Test Subject
#278 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 12:20 AM
Alright, ill play around with it and see what i can get.. Like I said, i can always use it for the rest of the kitchen and other areas if it doesnt work for me.. Thank you for your quick reply XD
Test Subject
#279 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 9:16 AM
Hey! I was wondering, where did you get that washing machine and all that clutter? I wanted it for my game but mine doesn't have it Is it custom content? If it is, would you be able to link me/us? Thank you & btw awesome job on the furniture! Can't wait to use it x
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#280 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 12:03 PM
OhMyAnnie,
All the content in pictures, if not mentioned otherwise (I don't see me mentioning CC in pics cause I didn't use any), is EA content from EPs. Washing machine is from Ambitions and the clutter in that pic from Ambitions and Generations I think.
Test Subject
#281 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 5:12 AM
Default Trouble Since Most Recent Update
First of all, thanks for this wonderful set. I love it.

Recently, cabinets and shelves have been behaving oddly (since the most recent update). Cabinets will not place and some of the cabinet shelves will not place at all, or unless attached to the base. Also, doors will no longer snap to the shelves, only to the bottom of the base or in the middle of a shelf.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one having problems but the problem has persisted after I reinstalled and updated so I don't think this is a user error type situation or a problem with my computer/game copy.

Let me know if you have any troubleshooting tips or suggestions.

Thanks again for this awesome set. I can't wait to get it working correctly again.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#282 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 5:51 AM Last edited by armiel : 19th Nov 2012 at 6:14 AM.
ckatzrun,

I'll test out, today if possible.

ETA, tested
I can't recall if the wall cabinets could be placed -without- move objects -cheat before, but all in all the set still works with 1.42. If you have trouble placing the wall cabinets or their shelves, use cheat 'moveobjects on'.

I did not test every single object, but every type, here is a pic of my test, taken just moments ago.
Test Subject
#283 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 3:42 PM
Thanks Armiel for testing and the quick response. Moveobjects on works for me too. Crisis averted!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#284 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 11:26 PM
what a great ideia!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#285 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 2:32 AM
This is so amazing. I'm still pulling my hair out trying to get everything just right, but damn! Thank you (and your supporters) for taking the time to make these! It's truly fantastic and greatly appreciated.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#286 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 7:14 PM
*bows down* you, my dear, are now my favorite person in the whole world! i love love LOVE to give my Sims cluttered apartments and this, my friend, has made the #1 spot on items I will be using. <3
Test Subject
#287 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 4:06 AM Last edited by MortisEques : 26th Nov 2012 at 4:29 AM.
Loving the set but I'm having issues. Found the counter divider but mine seems a little off. The $15 divider that I have seems to be smaller than it is supposed to be. Possible file error that a reinstall will fix?
Screenshots
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#288 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 5:30 AM
MortisEques,

Did you actually try the divider IN a counter? Cause so far I'm unable to see an issue.
Test Subject
#289 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 5:58 AM Last edited by MortisEques : 26th Nov 2012 at 6:28 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by armiel
MortisEques,

Did you actually try the divider IN a counter? Cause so far I'm unable to see an issue.

I had the divider in the counter when first screwing with the set. I was copying the video on making the sink and noticed mine didn't look right. For some reason the shelf I have is shorter than the one used in the video and leaves an obvious gap where the shelf should reach the edge of the counter. I'll take another screenshot to illustrate what I mean.

Ok, pictures....
Screenshots
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#290 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 8:09 PM
This is awesome! Thank you so much!
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#291 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 4:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MortisEques
I had the divider in the counter when first screwing with the set. I was copying the video on making the sink and noticed mine didn't look right. For some reason the shelf I have is shorter than the one used in the video and leaves an obvious gap where the shelf should reach the edge of the counter. I'll take another screenshot to illustrate what I mean.

Ok, pictures....
I can't really tell with the angle of the picture, if you're accidentally trying to use a cabinet divider after all, or if the counter one is just sitting on an object slot instead the one meant for them - does it poke through the back side of the counter? Both of these cases will create a gap/not make the divider sit right.
Lab Assistant
#292 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 1:38 AM
armiel:

Check it out! I got a little DIY-happy but I wanted to post pics for inspiration to others!!

Study Bookshelf

Craftsman Style Work Shelving in Garage (I'm handy lol)

Gardening Shed (not really a shed, but built onto the back of the house)

My Awesome Retro Kitchen!

And to see pics I previously posted of my DIY closet: http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...0&postcount=130

(lol, I just noticed one of my floor tiles is missing. I guess I got hammer happy too. And it looks like a couple of my OMSP's went to floor lvl. lol.... fix fix fix!)
Veteran Finn
retired moderator THANKS POST
Original Poster
#293 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 7:39 AM
ravenjwolfe,

Thank you for posting your pictures! They look great.

Made me a happy Finn, thanks. :D
Test Subject
#294 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 6:20 AM
i just downloaded the DIY set, but for some reason the two cabinets in the set won't go up against the wall. It also keeps saying "cant do that"
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#295 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 7:31 AM
nece21,

please read the comments on the previous page.
Test Subject
#296 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 11:39 PM
This worked thank you very much! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#297 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 9:49 PM
amazing. i'm so picky lol so this is going to make my cabinets less stressful. thanks bunches.
Test Subject
#298 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 12:38 PM
I can't place cabinets... Every time I want to place one it says 'It has to be against a wall'
Can anyon help?
Test Subject
#299 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 3:06 AM
Default Help?
I probably screwed it up, but everything went through OK through the launcher, but when I go into buy mode, I can only find the counter top? Any ideas on what I did wrong?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#300 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 9:47 PM
That's a really great set!!!
Page 12 of 14