Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Weather Realism Overhaul [2.1.0]

by no12 Posted 24th Nov 2018 at 12:44 AM - Updated 24th Dec 2023 at 6:32 PM by no12 : Fix text on the page

329 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 264 Feedback Posts, 64 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 14
Lab Assistant
#126 Old 6th Dec 2019 at 2:17 AM
Is this working correctly with the Nov 25th patch?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#127 Old 6th Dec 2019 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by teresa7676
Is this working correctly with the Nov 25th patch?

I haven't played much since the patch, but It seems to work fine.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#128 Old 7th Dec 2019 at 11:52 AM
ok thank you
Test Subject
#129 Old 14th Dec 2019 at 6:51 AM
Hi~ I seem to be having an issue with this particular mod and Laundry Day. What happened is that my Sim was previously able to wash clothes and then hang them on the clothesline, but after doing that trice, my Sim suddenly isn't able to do so. Sim will pick up the washed clothes, then drop it on the ground. Removing this mod enable the Sim to hang clothes again. I find it strange that the Sim was able to hang clothes previously the first few times, then suddenly unable to.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#130 Old 15th Dec 2019 at 12:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by miershyk
Hi~ I seem to be having an issue with this particular mod and Laundry Day. What happened is that my Sim was previously able to wash clothes and then hang them on the clothesline, but after doing that trice, my Sim suddenly isn't able to do so. Sim will pick up the washed clothes, then drop it on the ground. Removing this mod enable the Sim to hang clothes again. I find it strange that the Sim was able to hang clothes previously the first few times, then suddenly unable to.

That's strange. I'll test the mod with Laundry Day, but I don't see a reason why my mod would do this.
Test Subject
#131 Old 22nd Dec 2019 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by no12
That's strange. I'll test the mod with Laundry Day, but I don't see a reason why my mod would do this.

Back again. I think it has something to do with routing because the clothesline I placed were rotated differently instead of the usual 45/90 degrees, and that may have messed with Sims being able to hang clothes. Because after that, there hasn't been any trouble. I did start a new Save file, and all seems to be clear. Sims are able to hang clothes already once I stopped placing the clothesline in odd positions.
Test Subject
#132 Old 23rd Dec 2019 at 10:42 AM
Hi, no12! I seem to have snow (light) and freezing temperatures on Oasis Springs. According to your climate classification, does it snow on Phoenix?
Also when there's a thuderstorm (I've seen this on Sulani, Oasis Springs, San Myshuno, Science Lab) there aren't too many lightnings and thunder (and I want more ), what could have happen?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#133 Old 23rd Dec 2019 at 3:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LayraDeneb
Hi, no12! I seem to have snow (light) and freezing temperatures on Oasis Springs. According to your climate classification, does it snow on Phoenix?
Also when there's a thuderstorm (I've seen this on Sulani, Oasis Springs, San Myshuno, Science Lab) there aren't too many lightnings and thunder (and I want more ), what could have happen?

About the thunderstorms, since I thought that it wouldn't be realistic if there was lightning in your neighborhood every time there a thunderstorm happens, I changed them so that sometimes there are thunderstorms with only distant thunder and not much lightning.

About the freezing temps and the snow in Oasis Springs, Phoenix does see some freezing nights in winter, and while snow is rare, it has been seen before, as you can see here: https://www.meteoblue.com/en/weathe...america_5308655 (if you look at the cold nights section, you can see that the coldest nights of the year have temperatures in the low 20s, well below freezing)
Test Subject
#134 Old 23rd Dec 2019 at 8:52 PM
About the thunderstorms, since I thought that it wouldn't be realistic if there was lightning in your neighborhood every time there a thunderstorm happens, I changed them so that sometimes there are thunderstorms with only distant thunder and not much lightning.

About the freezing temps and the snow in Oasis Springs, Phoenix does see some freezing nights in winter, and while snow is rare, it has been seen before, as you can see here: https://www.meteoblue.com/en/weathe...america_5308655 (if you look at the cold nights section, you can see that the coldest nights of the year have temperatures in the low 20s, well below freezing)

I understand, thank you. I forgot realism is the purpose of this mod. I really LOVE the sound of thunder in the distance, it's so cool!
Didn't not know that about Phoenix, it's interesting since cities far away from the sea have extreme weather, it makes sense now. Thank you very much!! Keep up the great work.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#135 Old 22nd Jan 2020 at 6:09 PM
Sulani is modeled after the island I'm from! St. Lucia is one of the smaller Caribbean islands, so it's awesome to see it get some recognition.
Lab Assistant
#136 Old 23rd Jan 2020 at 4:48 AM
on the first page at the top it says it was updated yesterday, but the file itself says otherwise it shows it was never updated this in on the last download link. Also, my sim lives on Sulani and it is the 4th day of the fall season with a 28-day season cycle and well the island is having a heavy blizzard something isn't right about it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#137 Old 23rd Jan 2020 at 7:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by teresa7676
on the first page at the top it says it was updated yesterday, but the file itself says otherwise it shows it was never updated this in on the last download link. Also, my sim lives on Sulani and it is the 4th day of the fall season with a 28-day season cycle and well the island is having a heavy blizzard something isn't right about it.

I changed the description, didn't update the mod, sorry for the confusion.
About the snow in Sulani, did you follow the instructions on the page when you first downloaded the mod? If the game doesn't recognize that you installed the mod, forecasts can get very messed up.
EDIT: If you haven't, following the instructions now and waiting a few ingame hours should work.
Lab Assistant
#138 Old 23rd Jan 2020 at 3:02 PM
I changed the description, didn't update the mod, sorry for the confusion.
About the snow in Sulani, did you follow the instructions on the page when you first downloaded the mod? If the game doesn't recognize that you installed the mod, forecasts can get very messed up.
EDIT: If you haven't, following the instructions now and waiting a few ingame hours should work.

Lol yeah, I saw it but misread it, it was late, I was already on 28 days and misread the part need to change it and change it back and save without exiting.
Lab Assistant
#139 Old 19th Apr 2020 at 2:43 AM
Interesting mod. Considering trying it. The San Myshuno climate sounds odd though. Istanbul, Turkey? Isn't San Myshuno based off San Francisco? Certainly looks just like it, or at least a cleaner version of it, lol!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible!-Walt Disney
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#140 Old 21st Apr 2020 at 8:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Veralidaine
Interesting mod. Considering trying it. The San Myshuno climate sounds odd though. Istanbul, Turkey? Isn't San Myshuno based off San Francisco? Certainly looks just like it, or at least a cleaner version of it, lol!

The reason I decided not to base it off San Francisco is that San Francisco doesn't get any snow, but San Myshuno supports accumulating snow. I considered somewhere from the PNW as well, but I wanted more worlds outside of the US, so I based it off Istanbul, which has a similar climate to cities like Portland, Oregon.
Hope that answers your question.
Test Subject
#141 Old 30th May 2020 at 3:09 AM
Are you going to update to the new expansion? i love this mod !
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#142 Old 31st May 2020 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mike_Itonula
Are you going to update to the new expansion? i love this mod !

Yep. I'm planning to base the new world off Trieste.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#143 Old 4th Jun 2020 at 6:39 PM
I love this mod too so I will look forward to the update
Lab Assistant
#144 Old 17th Jun 2020 at 12:52 PM
Just curious. Does this effect the power production with Solar and Wind turbines? I know their power production is based upon the weather but not sure if its forecast or actual weather. My power production is really weird. It'll generate lots of power on some cloudy days and be negative on sunny days.

I'm wondering if your method of inaccurate weather reporting is causing it to act weird.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#145 Old 17th Jun 2020 at 1:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gettp
Just curious. Does this effect the power production with Solar and Wind turbines? I know their power production is based upon the weather but not sure if its forecast or actual weather. My power production is really weird. It'll generate lots of power on some cloudy days and be negative on sunny days.

I'm wondering if your method of inaccurate weather reporting is causing it to act weird.

I don't see a reason why that would cause an issue, but I will test that anyway. Thanks for reporting that.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#146 Old 17th Jun 2020 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gettp

So I tested it a little, and you're kinda right, but I saw nothing weird about it.

The bill Info part shows a predicted value of sorts, which is kind of like saying if nothing breaks and the weather doesn't change this is the amount of power you will generate today. This works well without my mod since the weather only really changes between days. With my mod, it doesn't work that way, which means if you click on that tab the one hour of cloudy weather on a sunny day it will show you the value as if the whole day was cloudy, and also the other way around. So yeah it's not the best, but it's not really something for me to fix. Hope that clears things up.
Lab Assistant
#147 Old 17th Jun 2020 at 7:11 PM
The bill Info part shows a predicted value of sorts, which is kind of like saying if nothing breaks and the weather doesn't change this is the amount of power you will generate today. This works well without my mod since the weather only really changes between days. With my mod, it doesn't work that way, which means if you click on that tab the one hour of cloudy weather on a sunny day it will show you the value as if the whole day was cloudy, and also the other way around. So yeah it's not the best, but it's not really something for me to fix. Hope that clears things up.

Yea, I kinda figured that out. It shows a "predicted" value based upon the current usage at that moment. When I shower it says like -90, that means if I were to shower the entire day, I'd lose like 90. It resets once things change.

My problem is different. I'll have like 6 solar panels with NO electronic devices on what "appears" to be a sunny day and it'll read negative power production. That shouldn't be possible. With nothing using power, with NO solar panels, it should read 0, not negative. Solar panels should place it HIGHLY positive. I was hoping it was a problem with the weather mod so it'd be fixed quickly. Looks like it's EA's problem and it'll be months before it even gets looked at.

Thanks anyway.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#148 Old 19th Jun 2020 at 1:13 PM
Thank you for this brilliant mod! It was exactly what I needed.

I have a question: is Willow Creek supposed to have freezing temperatures and loads of snow in winter? Just checking because I was expecting it to be a bit warmer during winter. Maybe I'm doing something wrong so just wanted to check :)

Overall, this is one of the mods I cannot play without. Huge thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#149 Old 19th Jun 2020 at 11:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by milliedarc
Thank you for this brilliant mod! It was exactly what I needed.

I have a question: is Willow Creek supposed to have freezing temperatures and loads of snow in winter? Just checking because I was expecting it to be a bit warmer during winter. Maybe I'm doing something wrong so just wanted to check

Overall, this is one of the mods I cannot play without. Huge thanks!

Willow Creek can have snow and freezing temperatures but there should also be lots of cool and warm days in winter.
I don't know what loads of snow mean here but Willow Creek can rarely have blizzards, this shouldn't happen every winter tho.
If you could send a screenshot of the calendar where you would see the weather forecast, I could see if there's something wrong but I don't think there's any problem there.

Edit: Here's a source for where Willow Creek's weather is based off, you can see a lot of warm days, but also some fairly cold and sometimes very cold days there
https://weatherspark.com/h/m/146184...res-Temperature
Instructor
THANKS POST
#150 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 4:01 PM
Today I found your mod and it's fantastic! Thank you very much for sharing and also for the update (Eco Living).

Best regards from Austria
Eve
Page 6 of 14