Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 8:41 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default My game is unplayable after I installed smoothing patch please help!
So I put that smoothing patch in my game and now my clothes don't show up in CAS. I'm not sure if that's the issue or when I went into NRAAS master controller and changed CAS settings to not show the three clothing options since I had done both at the same time. Anyways, I'm basically in tears 'cause for weeks I've been fixing my game and I'm just so frustrated. I tried system restore and the only point I had got hung and I had to restart my computer. I've never had that happen so I'm not sure if these two things are related and now I don't know how bad my computer is messed up since I had to shut it down in the middle of a system restore. Anways, someone please help! thank you
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 9:46 PM
Just take out the patch? Although I really can't imagine how the patch and CAS are related. It's supposed to speed up CAS but it's not primarily about that. I think whatever you did in mastercontroller might be the culprit. Maybe undo that part.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Oct 2021 at 1:33 AM
Because I didn't know what else to do. I removed the patch and undid what I did in nraas and the problem was still there. My clothes are still not showing up. I'm at a loss what to do but obviously something has happened when I did these things.
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Why the hell would you do a system restore? They don't affect the files, only system files and registry.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 10th Oct 2021 at 2:18 AM
Are all clothes gone? Or only CC?
What about build/buy stuff?
What does the launcher show?
Or are your clothes in package format? Do you have the files?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 10th Oct 2021 at 8:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MissRobison
Because I didn't know what else to do.

Why not? There is a guide that pops up when you post a new thread in this forum, which takes you through troubleshooting and can help to determine where the problem is.

It links to here:
Game Help:Sims 3 Game Problemwiki
The reason that you are asked to do this before you post is to save the people who are trying to help you in this thread from having to type the same things over and over.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Oct 2021 at 4:55 AM
How do I ping you?

Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Start from basic,

1) rename your TS3 user folder to a backup.
2) start the game and it will create a new one. verify the problem still persist. most likely the problem will go away.

---

3) if the problem goes away, then there is something wrong with your user folder, likely mods folder.
4) start by slowly copying files from your backup back into the new user folder. I suggest start with dccache, then mods, then saves.