Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Apr 2022 at 12:32 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Why is my sim always demoted after getting a promotion?
I have a sim who has been working hard and should have gotten promoted multiple times. Instead she gets promoted and then immediately demoted again. There's no specific reason for her demotions. I get a pop up that she "should have paid more attention at orientation because she isn't cutting it." She's always set to work hard and business as usual, shows up on time, is good friends with her boss and coworkers, has all the required skills, etc. This has happened seven times and she's still level 8 in the culinary career. It also happened twice when she was at level 7. Is there something I'm missing? I do use mods, but I think the only one that affects careers in Nraas stuff.

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Apr 2022 at 1:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
mood matters, how is her mood when she goes off to work?

Always at one of the two greenest options. Usually "Outstanding."

Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Apr 2022 at 1:09 AM
Is there someone else in the career ahead of her at Level 9? There are two options, Restrict Some Levels and Only One May Lead, the second one is hidden by a setting of False on the first one, in SP that may (or may not) be getting in her way of this promotion by the end of the day.
(SP Career add-on module required)

The point of all of this, if this is what's doing it, is that many players feel it's not realistic to have two Chairs of the Board, Mayors, School Superintendents, etc. at the same time. Two Chefs de Cuisine, admittedly maybe that seems more reasonable if they can manage to stand each other.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Apr 2022 at 8:02 AM
Yup, that was it. My sim's boss was one level ahead of her on the corporate ladder and my sim kept getting demoted as a result. I turned off the Only One May Lead for the active family and she got the promotion just fine.

Mad Poster
#7 Old 24th Apr 2022 at 10:17 AM Last edited by igazor : 24th Apr 2022 at 10:53 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
hmmm... is this on by default?

Yes. I provided the links to the SP command documentation just above, which always shows the default values.

Edit:
The alternative was that everything the OP managed to create in that horrible executive (?) kitchen of hers looked and tasted exactly like Instant Cream of Wheat, Basil and Parsnip Flavor. But I wasn't prepared to accept that just yet.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 24th Apr 2022 at 5:53 PM
Hmmm... With so many wickedly evil mods to choose from, I would have had my Sim "eliminate" her boss!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 24th Apr 2022 at 7:43 PM Last edited by igazor : 24th Apr 2022 at 8:07 PM.
I am certain that by "eliminated" we mean nurture and encourage that boss into Level 10 and then, once the active sim has their eyes on that position, start talking up the benefits of early retirement. Right? (hears crickets, starts to feel a little less comfortable...)

Thankfully though, in the real world no one except the occasional summer intern reports directly to me.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 25th Apr 2022 at 11:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I am certain that by "eliminated" we mean nurture and encourage that boss into Level 10 and then, once the active sim has their eyes on that position, start talking up the benefits of early retirement. Right? (hears crickets, starts to feel a little less comfortable...)

Thankfully though, in the real world no one except the occasional summer intern reports directly to me.

No, I mean things like Dexter the Bear (for those who may not know, is a teddy bear clone featured on Nraas, who when in a Sim's inventory, allows him or her to KILL other Sims in various ways), vampires (which I play) draining their enemies, things we really shouldn't do in real life.

Of course, a more mundane thing might be to use the "have a Sim arrested" mod and have the boss arrested right before work to see if they are held in jail and demoted for not showing up to work. Never tried that, as my Sims would have just Dextered the other Sim. )))
Mad Poster
#12 Old 25th Apr 2022 at 3:04 PM
I did know what you mean and of course Dexter and I are aware of each other's existence. He is not allowed in my game, but he does often speak to me at night while I am sleeping.