Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Two packs of silk beddings [UPDATED July 26, 2008]

by Jasana_BugBreeder Posted 12th Jul 2008 at 6:15 PM - Updated 21st Nov 2008 at 12:02 AM by whitesiren

38 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 35 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Test Subject
#26 Old 23rd Jul 2008 at 12:54 PM
The same thing happens to me! They stretch off screen when a sim uses the bed (it happens with every bed), and it's the same from any angle.
I really hope it can be fixed, the beddings look great!
Instructor
Original Poster
#27 Old 23rd Jul 2008 at 7:20 PM
thegreenlollypop, thanks for the screenshot! Wow, that's impressive 8-|
Sadly, I can't reproduce it - I spend some time to check it on all the Maxis beds, with different last addons, and couldn't see it. Moreover - I always believed that such problem can only be caused by errors in mesh - never by recolors

So, the only thing I can do is to make some guesses. Those who have this problem with beddings, could you please test how two beddings from archive attached to this post work in your game?
One of them - _MaxisTXTR - looks exactly like Maxis light blue bedding, but is very, um, shiny.
The other - _noEnvCube - has dark green color, the same texture as "plain silk" beddings, but no shinyness at all.

If one of them works, then culprit is either sninyness or alpha-cutting. If both explode - I can't guess what else could be the problem
Attached files:
File Type: rar  RCLR_Jasana_bedding_test.rar (1.2 KB, 13 downloads)
Test Subject
#28 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 3:16 AM
I seem to be having the same problem as well, only not with just the Glam. beds but with any sort of double bed....The sheets work fine for a single bed but when I put them on a double bed the disfigured stretching happens....The silk sheets are too cute too...I hope something can be done about this....If you need pictures or anything I can get them for you...Best of luck in trying to figure this out!
Test Subject
#29 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 2:01 AM
Oh thank you for taking the time to fix this! It was happening in my bed as well & I figured I was the only one so I kept checking back here to see if there was a fix or if it was just my game being odd. So thank you! I can't wait to use these now. :]
Test Subject
#30 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 1:44 AM Last edited by tariahinchains : 28th Jul 2008 at 1:46 AM. Reason: Changed to a feedback comment.
I was too quick to respond.. seems as if the lacy is working perfectly & the silk is still going everywhere for me. :[
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 29th Jul 2008 at 3:04 PM
I'm glad someone else was able to get a pic of what was happening! And THANK YOU for fixing it already! I'll test out which ones work for me (if it's the same as flybirdie) and post back here.
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
#32 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 11:29 PM
Very nice, they look awseme. Good job. Nice colors
Test Subject
#33 Old 9th Aug 2008 at 6:37 PM
Thank you very much for fixing the problem, both plain and lacy work well for me!
Mad Poster
#34 Old 2nd Nov 2008 at 8:21 PM
Same problem, the color stretches out in a triangular shape to the edge of the screen. Too bad, they're so beautiful!
Test Subject
#35 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 2:46 AM
If you already downloaded the first version do you have to delete it in order for the new on to work? I was having the same problem...
Instructor
Original Poster
#36 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CarrieUFan94
If you already downloaded the first version do you have to delete it in order for the new on to work? I was having the same problem...

Yes, you need to delete it - is it written not clear enough in starting post?
"If they do explode for you - delete the package you downloaded earlier, and get its NOSHINE version instead."
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 6:48 PM
These are sooo beautiful! Thankies jasana! :3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#38 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 11:06 PM
thanks for making this :)
Instructor
#39 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 8:12 PM
My favorite bedding, alas I am getting the stretching issue as well. Here's hoping that the test files will work!
Page 2 of 2